who is running nitrous?

It's a failsafe function on the transmission that does that for the purpose of avoiding overevving. I was referring to shift points in the tune being set at 7K rpms when I spoke earlier. In my tune, the shift points are raised and the rev limiter is set higher than the shift points(the max rpms it will see if revved past the shift points). With the SCT tune, I'm pretty sure you lose that factory failsafe function. I don't have it on my car with the tune. If I put it in 1st it will rev all the way to the limiter if I don't shift fast enough.

As seen here when I shift into third(will do the same out of first):

Highway Merge and rev limiter oops - YouTube

I think my rev limiter is right around 7k. I was manually shifting in this video.

I had to watch that twice. The first time I couldn't pry my eyes from the horror of that thing bouncing in the red.

I had to watch that twice. The first time I couldn't pry my eyes from the horror of that thing bouncing in the red.

Yeah, that was my bad. I try to shift at 6600rpms. Now imagine someobe who has the shidt points that high. Like I've said before, 7k rpms on a Mark8 stock internals is asking for trouble.

Yeah, that was my bad. I try to shift at 6600rpms. Now imagine someobe who has the shidt points that high. Like I've said before, 7k rpms on a Mark8 stock internals is asking for trouble.

The Mark VIII stock internals can take 7000rpm fine ALL DAY long as long as your motor has the Beehive springs (96-98 do) and has the proper tune. 93-95 I wouldn't go higher than 6600rpm.

The Mark VIII stock internals can take 7000rpm fine ALL DAY long as long as your motor has the Beehive springs (96-98 do) and has the proper tune. 93-95 I wouldn't go higher than 6600rpm.

Opps you need to tell my engine this. She don't like to listen! :D

Never quite understood why people run nitrous on street cars with a motor that wasn't intended for it..a drag car with a motor and trans/converter that is built for it is another story..unless you run nitrous around town its gonna be just as slow..waste of money in my opinion, id rather spend it on a blower that gives you power all around and all the time...just my thoughts though

Never quite understood why people run nitrous on street cars with a motor that wasn't intended for it..a drag car with a motor and trans/converter that is built for it is another story..unless you run nitrous around town its gonna be just as slow..waste of money in my opinion, id rather spend it on a blower that gives you power all around and all the time...just my thoughts though

It all comes down to running fast cheap. You go to the track and blast out some runs just like everyone else. I can run same blower times for like nothing. Blower $2000 and up min. NOS actually works better on stock engines. The more efficent(race) an engine the less nos works. Low weight, no belts, no overheating with the intercooler blocking airflow(ones that are IC)

if you can find me a blower for 300-500 i will buy it today. i dont have $6000 to do a fi build. i wish i did. but while you are saving for your build, i will be running 13.40 1/4

the entire advantage is you can get the performance of a supercharger at the flip of the switch. with none of the day to day headaches nor the initial investment. my mark has plenty enough power to pull my fat ass around town at the speed limit.

It all comes down to running fast cheap. You go to the track and blast out some runs just like everyone else. I can run same blower times for like nothing. Blower $2000 and up min. NOS actually works better on stock engines. The more efficent(race) an engine the less nos works. Low weight, no belts, no overheating with the intercooler blocking airflow(ones that are IC)

At the same time I wouldn't say nitrous on an otherwise stock engine is maintainence free..if you're worried about cost then you may as well start saving up for a rebuild since its not gonna take that abuse forever.

At the same time I wouldn't say nitrous on an otherwise stock engine is maintainence free..if you're worried about cost then you may as well start saving up for a rebuild since its not gonna take that abuse forever.

and you think it will hold up to boost better?

Thats the thing you don't run it all the time and when its run its timed in seconds.

Have you ever had nitrous, or a blower for that matter? Or are you just bad mouthing cause everybody else does?
Nitrous wont blow your :q:q:q:q up, you will.

so,does this mean that my car not going to last long::D

FILE1059.jpg

The 4.6 DOHC loves nitrous... just know what you are doing:
-Have the PCM tuned for the nitrous
-High flow fuel pump
-One step colder NGK TR6 plugs gapped tight
-Window switch
-Bottle heater
-Run at least a 1/4 tank of fuel and run 94-96 octane at the track if you can
-Make sure the car is fully tuned up (ignition, fuel filter, etc)
-make sure mass air meter is reading correctly (very important if running dry kit)

and you think it will hold up to boost better?

No I meant if you're going to go the nitrous route with a stock engine to be cost effective..it's kind of a step in the wrong direction since its not going to last forever, eventually it will need a rebuild if it doesn't destroy it beyond repair..and for those of you saying you rarely use it..then what's the point?

For the amount of money I've seen some guys spend on their marks on this site you can't tell me you don't have the money to build better motor..

But whatever..I'm just not a fan of nitrous if you can't tell lol..unless its for a purpose built race car.

No I meant if you're going to go the nitrous route with a stock engine to be cost effective..it's kind of a step in the wrong direction since its not going to last forever, eventually it will need a rebuild if it doesn't destroy it beyond repair..and for those of you saying you rarely use it..then what's the point?

For the amount of money I've seen some guys spend on their marks on this site you can't tell me you don't have the money to build better motor..

But whatever..I'm just not a fan of nitrous if you can't tell lol..unless its for a purpose built race car.

The purpose is to use it ONLY when needed plain and simple. When peeps go to track to run #'s peeps in the stand don't know if your running it on not and on the street you can't hear it like a blower. Whin whin whin hey you have a blower!

To dig into a mod motor isnt cheap, you van easily spend twice on the motor as what you did on the car; this is why most chose a good running replacement motor.

To dig into a mod motor isnt cheap, you van easily spend twice on the motor as what you did on the car; this is why most chose a good running replacement motor.

True, I like the 4.6s in relatively stock form..but they are a pain in the ass to work on and are :q:q:q:qing enormous for the amount of power they make

I'd rather build a Windsor..I don't care if pushrods are old technology...more power potential per dollar..and if I didn't care to keep it blue oval id find a $1500 lq9 6.0, add a bigger cam and intake and make an easy 450 hp..fabricating motor mounts and accessory brackets would be the biggest challenge though.

Anyways I'm getting off topic here..

The purpose is to use it ONLY when needed plain and simple. When peeps go to track to run #'s peeps in the stand don't know if your running it on not and on the street you can't hear it like a blower. Whin whin whin hey you have a blower!

This is one of the best features of mine. You can not hear the blower. people would never know unless I tell them. And its performance is always there. This video is the best for sound close to it and in front of it. Supercharged Lincoln Mark VIII Solo (First run 12-11-11) - YouTube

The 4.6 DOHC loves nitrous... just know what you are doing:
-Have the PCM tuned for the nitrous
-High flow fuel pump
-One step colder NGK TR6 plugs gapped tight
-Window switch
-Bottle heater
-Run at least a 1/4 tank of fuel and run 94-96 octane at the track if you can
-Make sure the car is fully tuned up (ignition, fuel filter, etc)
-make sure mass air meter is reading correctly (very important if running dry kit)

thank you
i have a 255 walbro in mine will that suffice?

True, I like the 4.6s in relatively stock form..but they are a pain in the ass to work on and are :q:q:q:qing enormous for the amount of power they make I'd rather build a Windsor..I don't care if pushrods are old technology...more power potential per dollar..and if I didn't care to keep it blue oval id find a $1500 lq9 6.0, add a bigger cam and intake and make an easy 450 hp..fabricating motor mounts and accessory brackets would be the biggest challenge though. Anyways I'm getting off topic here..
My engine is stock with a blower. I believe this is the most cost effective way to get a street Mark VIII into the 11's. I believe nitrous will only get you into the 12's unless you go with something like in the picture above. I vote centrifugal blower. Supercharged Lincoln Mark VIII Solo 11.66 at 120mph - YouTube

This is one of the best features of mine. You can not hear the blower. people would never know unless I tell them. And its performance is always there. This video is the best for sound close to it and in front of it. Supercharged Lincoln Mark VIII Solo (First run 12-11-11) - YouTube

Don yours hauls butt for sure. But add up your blower? I cannot find just a headunit for under 1000 anywhere. Then you need injectors,tune,blow off valve,belt your meth kit (right)and other stuff and then you did nice cheap way of making mount.

Don yours hauls butt for sure. But add up your blower? I cannot find just a headunit for under 1000 anywhere. Then you need injectors,tune,blow off valve,belt your meth kit (right)and other stuff and then you did nice cheap way of making mount.

Very true nitrous is the most cost effective. I have even thought of finding a cheap first generation and stripping it down for race only and adding nitrous. I think it would out run the one I have now ???

Members online

No members online now.
Back