who is running nitrous?

zmt325

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking into running a little nos. i have never messed with it before and i want to see what you guys are running.

here are my questions
what is an ideal setup?
is a wet setup dangerous with our heads? i have read that fuel pools up in the intake ports and BOOM!!!
is 100 shot max safe on a stock motor?
what power return have you seen?
would you suggest it for someone else?
what precautions should i take to prevent detonation?

I have never seen it in action on a mark and would love to see some videos.

thanks in advance
zack

so dry 125 shot? where did you put the nozzle

do you have any pics of your setup?

No sir, wet.

http://www.zex.com/zx/99-04-ford-mustang-gt-nitrous-system.html

The nozzle will probably be halfway down the plastic intake, on the underside.

One thing I would REALLY look in to are non-projected tips, especially with a wet kit.

Backfires happen when the (hot) plug ignites the mixture on the intake stroke, when the valve is open. These plugs run colder.

Of course, this isn't the ONLY reason for backfires...

125 wet shot rated at the rear wheels, hits like a freight train with the 4.30 gears and removed torque management...

Mine sees 7000 on the stock tach everytime at the track. Some times I really wish it was OBD11. Have to get the LM1 properly logging the rpm's this year.

Yeah, no good on the valve springs. That's the limit even for the beehives from what I've heard. I'm sure some valve floatin' be goin' on LOL

my sct tune shifts right at an indicated 6k for 1-2 and 2-3.
i've pushed it to 6500 a few times, but only trying to beat the SHO. beyond 6500 scares me. i've been close to 7k once, and i didn't like the noise i was hearing.

This is probably going to come off as a dumb question, but how do you hold the revs out to 7k, or is it something in your chips/programs that let you do that? The reason I ask something like that is from time to time, I would manually shift my 93, and it would always wait for me to manually shift it from "1" to "2", but I've done that a few times in my parents' '96 LSC and it's always right about the time I go to shift into "2", the car automatically shifts for me (this is when keeping the car in "1", not "D"). This would have to be at around 6500 because I don't recall ever letting it go beyond that.

This is probably going to come off as a dumb question, but how do you hold the revs out to 7k, or is it something in your chips/programs that let you do that? The reason I ask something like that is from time to time, I would manually shift my 93, and it would always wait for me to manually shift it from "1" to "2", but I've done that a few times in my parents' '96 LSC and it's always right about the time I go to shift into "2", the car automatically shifts for me (this is when keeping the car in "1", not "D"). This would have to be at around 6500 because I don't recall ever letting it go beyond that.

It's a failsafe function on the transmission that does that for the purpose of avoiding overevving. I was referring to shift points in the tune being set at 7K rpms when I spoke earlier. In my tune, the shift points are raised and the rev limiter is set higher than the shift points(the max rpms it will see if revved past the shift points). With the SCT tune, I'm pretty sure you lose that factory failsafe function. I don't have it on my car with the tune. If I put it in 1st it will rev all the way to the limiter if I don't shift fast enough.

As seen here when I shift into third(will do the same out of first):

Highway Merge and rev limiter oops - YouTube

I think my rev limiter is right around 7k. I was manually shifting in this video.

the newer cars will upshift by themselves.

my 93 gave me rev limiter a few times pre chip.

the 97 i've driven acts alot different, it will do things to keep you off the limiter.
it will also automatically drops into 4th at the 125ish speed limiter.

no experience with a 96.

the newer cars will upshift by themselves.

my 93 gave me rev limiter a few times pre chip.

the 97 i've driven acts alot different, it will do things to keep you off the limiter.
it will also automatically drops into 4th at the 125ish speed limiter.

no experience with a 96.

I do know the 96 hits a rev limiter at somewhere between 120-125 (if I remember correctly). That being the LSC. I guess the base models could theoretically go a little faster than that with the 3.08 gears. I only took the 96 that fast ONCE and that was it. My 93 I would take that fast and well beyond without any limiters, and it was a stock W3Z3 ECU, which I always understood are supposed to be limited. I think you were part of the thread several months back about Z2/Z3 ECU's where we talked about some of this.

yep. i have both a Z3 and a Z2. both limited. both around 130.
which apparently, is not the case for all of them.

anyway. sct chip removed it on my Z2. i've been over 135. and that's a ton of speed in this big boat. :eek:

yep. i have both a Z3 and a Z2. both limited. both around 130.
which apparently, is not the case for all of them.

anyway. sct chip removed it on my Z2. i've been over 135. and that's a ton of speed in this big boat. :eek:

Yes it is! At the moment, I've got a Z2 and a Z3 ECU and I hope to get a chance to test them in the next Mark VIII I get. The Z3 isn't the one out of my black Mark VIII (both ECU's are for T/A cars, my 93 didn't have it).

Members online

No members online now.
Back