JUST BEAT THE :q:q:q:q OUT OF MY LS

jrocc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
JUST PRIED MY TRUNK OPEN beat my trunk and royaly :q:q:q:qed my trunk key lock.. i broke it in.. this is a pure rant thread... my battery was dying.. so as i got home i just wanted to unhook the negative terminal so maybe in the morning it wouldn't be dead.. i think i have a drain somewhere.. so i unhooked it AND OH NO I CLOSED THE DAMN TRUNK keys ARE INSIDE THE TRUNK no power to the trunk switch.. i pried the right side open.. reached my hand in and amazingly undid my back seat so i could fold it down and i pulled the handle that looks like someone jumping out of the trunk.. now the whole rear right quarter panel is scratched trunks completely messed.. I HATE MY LS... truthfully..

Not sure how the ls is setup, but couldn't you just use a diff vehicle to give it power via the engine compartment jumpstart terminals and use the inside trunk popper?

Makes sense in my head....

nope. battery is in the trunk on these piece of :q:q:q:q cars

Hate your car because you did something stupid. Definitely the car's fault you disconnected the battery, left your keys in the trunk and didnt keep a spare...:slap:

nope. battery is in the trunk on these piece of :q:q:q:q cars

Right, but don't they have jumpstart terminals somewhere under the hood? Most car's that have batteries located in odd area's have them.

Rocc....

Honestly, we have tried to help you. At what point do you want to accept it without guessing at your issue. If the only thing in your vehicle has changed is the head unit, and you still have a drain with the new battery(it is the new battery correct?) then why do you keep trying to work around it as if it cannot be the root of your drain issue? If it is the new battery already draining, you have a serious current draw issue. Or as Joe said, a possible alternator issue.

yeah it's the new battery.. and my luck has just been hell lately.. and the guys at PARTSOURCE ran a couple tests with me and they said everything checked out okay... alternator and battery.. the old one.. and i said i dont believe it bought a new one.. so im unplugging that deck tomorow.. car's going up forsale. or im driving it to the ground hard.
Rocc....

Honestly, we have tried to help you. At what point do you want to accept it without guessing at your issue. If the only thing in your vehicle has changed is the head unit, and you still have a drain with the new battery(it is the new battery correct?) then why do you keep trying to work around it as if it cannot be the root of your drain issue? If it is the new battery already draining, you have a serious current draw issue. Or as Joe said, a possible alternator issue.

Some sales people at those types of stores are not trained properly. We all understand that you wanted it not to be the head unit. Hate to see you out of the money for the battery. No sarcasm man....being serious at this point and moving forward. Our little war is squashed ad far as I am concerned.

Perhaps you should sell it as it seems you dont take too much pride in it. If I accidentally locked the keys in the trunk I'd call a locksmith and pay the 100 or whatever it costs rather than destroy my car. Plus, if a dead battery drives you mad enough to want to sell the car then might I suggest a bike?

Perhaps you should sell it as it seems you dont take too much pride in it. If I accidentally locked the keys in the trunk I'd call a locksmith and pay the 100 or whatever it costs rather than destroy my car. Plus, if a dead battery drives you mad enough to want to sell the car then might I suggest a bike?

No, cause as soon as the chain fell off he'd want to get rid of that too.

Wonder if you can take the battery back since it would be less than 24 hours? Escalate to a Manager and force the refund since the battery is not the issue.

i never intended for a war lol. i'm 17. i'm just a kid.. sorry man.. and yeah well i knew it was probly the head unit.. but the only thing i dont get is.. if it's wired to constant power...why on earth can't i turn it on when the cars off.. the only way i could see why would be if it didnt recognize cause the key wasn't in but hell there chinese there not THAT smart..
Some sales people at those types of stores are not trained properly. We all understand that you wanted it not to be the head unit. Hate to see you out of the money for the battery. No sarcasm man....being serious at this point and moving forward. Our little war is squashed ad far as I am concerned.

i never intended for a war lol. i'm 17. i'm just a kid.. sorry man.. and yeah well i knew it was probly the head unit.. but the only thing i dont get is.. if it's wired to constant power...why on earth can't i turn it on when the cars off.. the only way i could see why would be if it didnt recognize cause the key wasn't in but hell there chinese there not THAT smart..

Get a Honda.

Actually the rear seats are very easy to open up from the inside. Not much effort at all.....its not the cars fault.... Honestly youll have these problems with any type car you buy. Really doesn't sound like your mature enough to be driving anything.... Good luck in the future ...

Get your money back on the battery if you can and then make a beeline to the stereo installer for a troubleshoot. At this point it is a matter of knowing if it was his work or the unit itself. Anything short of him taking action should result in you raising he** with him. As for your age, the LS can be a bit of a pricey car to own if you do not have a solid example of one and steady income to keep ahead on maintainence.

well G-RELL PLEASE ELABORATE ON HOW THEY ARE EASY TO OPEN PLEASE.

and macredd yeah your totally right.. i'll try to get my money back. and as for Conrad well he's on nights this week. were supposed to install a amp kit and my subs and amp back into my car next weekend.. for now im going to try and unhook th edouble din.. charge the battery and see if it dies.. if it doesnt. then that's it and i'm sending it back for a refund.

Let this be a learning lesson and yes you are young and have a lot to learn.

A locksmith could have solved your issue versus damaging your vehicle.

Right, but don't they have jumpstart terminals somewhere under the hood? Most car's that have batteries located in odd area's have them.

No, they absolutely do not have a jump point under the hood.

However, if you jack the front end up and crawl under to the starter, you can attach a jumper cable to the starter solenoid main power terminal and back-feed enough power to use the trunk release.

Let this be a learning lesson and yes you are young and have a lot to learn.

A locksmith could have solved your issue versus damaging your vehicle.

Being his age, the money for a locksmith may be tied up in that new battery. Talk about a bad circle of luck. Feel bad for the kid......finally.

However, if you jack the front end up and crawl under to the starter, you can attach a jumper cable to the starter solenoid main power terminal and back-feed enough power to use the trunk release.

How do you know so much about these cars? :eek:

Learn something new every day. :D

The power-point right in front of the shifter stays hot all the time (at least in my car). They have battery keep-alives that you plug in there that allow you to change the battery without loosing power to the car. If you had bought one of those, you could have easily popped the trunk.

You could even buy some cheap crappy power thing that had a cigarette lighter plug on the end of it and just cut it off and splice the wires open. I have seen those cheap crappy power-point extension cords. Could have even just used bare wires fed off a battery charger and held it in the plug carefully while someone else popped the trunk.

However, a crowbar does make a statement.

like buddy.. it was 9:30pm im in my garage no bigger than my car with no tools. like seariously here give me a break.. and i used pieces of wood and a set of big shears...
The power-point right in front of the shifter stays hot all the time (at least in my car). They have battery keep-alives that you plug in there that allow you to change the battery without loosing power to the car. If you had bought one of those, you could have easily popped the trunk.

You could even buy some cheap crappy power thing that had a cigarette lighter plug on the end of it and just cut it off and splice the wires open. Could have even just used bare wires fed off a battery charger and held it in the plug carefully while someone else popped the trunk.

However, a crowbar does make a statement.

Joe your so smart......

Jrocc..If you look at the latch on the seat you'll see the "latch part" can be moved with a screw drive from the top.... Had a co worker disconnect his battery before he relized his lock cable was broke.... I got in in about 5.... I really do feel bad ( as I do for anyone) that your having issues... But there's a right way and a wrong way to handle stuff..... It's something your gonna have to learn. Destroying the car because your upset is rediculous.... I'm hoping you calm down and start thinking a little more clearly....

Members online

No members online now.
Back