Angel Eyes on a LS?!?!?!?! anyone Heard of this?

G-RELL

FULLY DIPPED LS
Reaction score
.... HA, sorry. Just had to grab some attention :p

But i did get a new set of first gen headlights (rest of the car was included). I plan on putting a new set of angel eyes in when a pop out the ambers, but....I did my angel eyes almost 4 years ago on my old set with ken's LSK Umnitza Predator Angel Eye CCFL kit.... What sets are out there now? If you guys dont mind, what brand are you using, where'd u buy, price, color etc. I was searching through and saw a couple of you have used LED kits. I liked the color of the CCFL kit, but they're not very bright (or at least doesnt seem to be as bright as some of the others I looked through)...

Thanks Boys (and girls) :cool:

I'm pretty sure everone still uses the Umnitza rings, they are just LED now and much brighter.

They did have some problems with them, but as far as I know they got that resolved. Do a search or ask alax and Bullshmidt

this is still on my list of things to do lol

*i hate job hunting:D*

I'm pretty sure everone still uses the Umnitza rings, they are just LED now and much brighter.

They did have some problems with them, but as far as I know they got that resolved. Do a search or ask alax and Bullshmidt

I looked at Umnitza's site... they had so many applications... and i could remember what BMW model / size we were using for the first gens....

well since you added in " girls " I'll put in my 2 cents. I have someone on the hunt for a crappy set of 2nd Gen lights to temporarily replace mine while I do mine. I plan on going with umnitza as well. IIRC Bull. Told me to get the CCFLs. But I guess if they are LEDs now it might be difficult to get Umnitza CCFLs. If you call them in sure they'll tell you which ones will fit.

Just get the LED ones. They are very bright. I got mine from the group buy.

4.jpg

ROD- very nice. my LS is light parchment Gold (tan) so i was trying to stay away form the more "bluer" colors, looks great with white, but dont think my color will go with it. I think rings matching the 6000K lights are about as blue as i can get....

I believe these rings are 6000K. They match my 6000K LED fog lights perfect.

G-Rell, bro go to advancedautomotiveconcepts.com

Talk to melissa, she's a big help when it comes
To picking the halo lights.

If I was you I'd go with the 10000k white ones.
But yeah check out that website.

G-Rell, bro go to advancedautomotiveconcepts.com

Talk to melissa, she's a big help when it comes
To picking the halo lights.

If I was you I'd go with the 10000k white ones.
But yeah check out that website.

Thanks....

So it seems like its these two brands then?

Thanks....

So it seems like its these two brands then?

Yeah bro, but I, myself would go with advancedautomotiveconcepts
Not only will they help you with the color you want.
But all you have to do is send them your headlights and they'll
Do it for you...
That's what I'm going to do.
That way I know they'll be done right.
3-5 days is what they estimate putting them together and shipping it out.

10000K is not white, not suppose to be anyways

In all honesty, I think they're white.
But if not, I know the aac saleswoman said they can have them
In any color that they provide.
Might just want to call them and ask a few questions.
Just my thought.
But that's who I'd go through if I was any of y'all
Wanting to do the halo/angel eyes..

10K is far from white.

oem HId is 4300k which looks white to me. Anything past 6k is gonna be bluish or purple.

CCFL do like nice too with their solid color, but LEDs rings look real sweet too. The led rings are 6000k, that is white they look white with a hint of blue. The new bmw's appear to have 5000k rings.

4300k is white with some yellow, 5000k is pure white, 6000k is white with some blue, 10000k is suppose to be dark blue going to purple, not close to white at all.

LED dont show more blue just because they are LEDs, they show blue if they are in the color temperature is suppose to show blue. I have 6000k LEDs for my exterior lights like puddles and license plate lights, 5000k for the interior lights. Inside color is pure white, outside color is white with a hint of blue.

Well like I've said.
Just call and talk to them.
That's what I did and they told me if I wanted to go
With a more blue color to get the led lights instead and they would last much longer cause of the led.... And that they wouldn't heat up as much as the ccfl's.
I mean I'm just putting in my 2 cents

I'm just repeating what I've been told
It seems Thayer wouldn't lie to me and
That they know what they're talking about
Since they sell them.
And wouldn't lie to me just so they can get my $400
To buy and for them to do the work to my headlights.
And another $400 to do my 2nd pair on my other car.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. So it cost you $400 to get the angel eyes and have them installed?

I talked to AAC the other day. I'm getting red ones, just to be different. I was surprised they have them because no one else does it. Thought it would be more popular. I guess everyone wants them to match the actual headlights?

Its because red lights on a non emergency vehicle is illegal and will get you pulled over. So everyone just gets white. Why spend so much on something you can't use legally??

Members online

No members online now.
Back