“It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.”

Signed,

Harry S. Truman

Dear President George W. Bush,

Signed,

Harry S. Truman

Hey long time no hear.:p
Yes that will be the Republican spin after a few days.
It was Bush's war on terror plan that did this and Obama was just continuing it even if he intensified it so Bush should be given the credit.
Typical...:rolleyes:

How can anybody aside from the seal team that had boots on ground take credit? I hate the navy as much a's the next guy ( go army) but those gals deserve full credit for executing such a mission.

How can anybody aside from the seal team that had boots on ground take credit? I hate the navy as much a's the next guy ( go army) but those gals deserve full credit for executing such a mission.

I went to school with a guy who was in the Navy, I'm sure he would love to debate this with you

If Republicans are going to swipe the credit and give it to Bush then they should stick him with the blame for 9/11 as well since it happened while he was president and he ignored all the warnings leading up to it.

If Republicans are going to swipe the credit and give it to Bush then they should stick him with the blame for 9/11 as well since it happened while he was president and he ignored all the warnings leading up to it.

Well why not blame Clinton if you are going to blame Bush. Clinton had his chances to get Bin Laden too.

Well why not blame Clinton if you are going to blame Bush. Clinton had his chances to get Bin Laden too.

Bill: I Warned W On Osama

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2003-10-17/news/18236418_1_laden-osama-president-bush

BY HELEN KENNEDY DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU
Friday, October 17, 2003

WASHINGTON - Ex-President Bill Clinton says he warned President Bush just before he left office that Osama Bin Laden - not Iraq - was the biggest security threat to America.
Speaking Wednesday at a lunch sponsored by the History Channel, Clinton said he and Bush discussed national security in his "exit interview."
"In his campaign, Bush had said he thought the biggest security issue was Iraq and a national missile defense," Clinton said. "I told him that in my opinion, the biggest security problem was Osama Bin Laden."
Clinton said his inability to convince Bush of Al Qaeda's danger was "one of the two or three of the biggest disappointments that I had," Reuters reported.
The White House had no comment.
After the 9/11 catastrophe, members of both administrations pointed fingers at each other. Bush supporters blamed Clinton for turning down a secret 1996 offer from Sudan to arrest and hand over Bin Laden.
Clinton's national security adviser, Sandy Berger, and his terrorism chief, Richard Clarke, briefed Bush national security adviser Condoleezza Rice just before she took office in January 2001. During his first months in office, Bush's priority was to construct a missile defense shield. He also was focused on domestic issues.
Top Bush administration officials did not meet to discuss Al Qaeda until Sept. 4 - a week before hijacked planes brought down the World Trade Center.

Bush didn't take Bin Laden seriously and ignored Clinton's warnings.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ction_n_856118.html#s272490&title=Dick_Cheney

From Vader himself
I am your Father!

The death of Osama bin Laden at the hands of American forces is a victory for the United States and a tremendous achievement for the military and intelligence professionals who carried out this important mission. Their tireless work since 9/11 has made this achievement possible, and enabled us to capture or kill thousands of al Qaeda terrorists and many of their leaders. I also want to congratulate President Obama and the members of his national security team. At this moment when bin Laden has been brought to justice, we especially remember the sacrifice of the young Americans who've paid the ultimate price in defense of the nation, as well as the nearly 3000 Americans who lost their lives on 9/11. Al Qaeda remains a dangerous enemy. Though bin Laden is dead, the war goes on. We must remain vigiliant, especially now, and we must continue to support our men and women in uniform who are fighting on the front lines of this war every day. Today, the message our forces have sent is clear -- if you attack the United States, we will find you and bring you to justice.

Could we please not make this needlessly partisan.

Here's the reality-
When Obama was a senator and running for President, he made this statement:

That opinion appears to have changed based on all of the news reports available.
There are a number of other issues related to the "War on Islamic Terror" where there has been a very visible 'evolution' in Obama's approach from when he was a Senator and Presidential candidate. That's a good thing.

Many of the policies that he campaigned against in 2008 have been utilized in order to accomplish the outcome we saw last night. This is not an attack on the President, it merely demonstrates how vastly different the world looks as you develop a better understanding of what is going on.

This didn't happen at the stroke of any one person's pen.

We should recognize that some of the unpopular foreign policy decisions Bush made enabled this to take place. And we should recognize that Obama had the nerve to pull the trigger on the operation. When he first came into office, he DID NOT have the fortitude to authorize the sniper attack on the pirates. Hell was to be paid after those shots were fired.

So congratulations to our armed services, our intelligence agencies, our special ops, and the past two Presidents for accomplishing this symbolic accomplishment.

It won't make the world any safer but it does feel good.

Curiously, I do wonder what the logic of NOT blowing up the building in order to get a body to only dump it into the ocean without ever displaying it to the public is? Are the Islamasists or conspiratorial minded people going to trust a photo? Or their word on the DNA match?

And what's the point of the respectful funeral?
The guy was a war criminal. And,as we're already seeing, no one appreciates the gesture. They are now arguing that it still wasn't done properly.

I understand that there's no strategic value in poking the temperamental rabid Islamic street, but one victory lap is acceptable, especially if it verifies the act.

Obama Approval Rating Likely To Rise After Osama Bin Laden Killing

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/obama-approval-rating-osama-bin-laden_n_856302.html

WASHINGTON -- While the killing of al Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden lacks true historical precedent, polling following similar events suggests that President Barack Obama will enjoy a bounce in public approval ratings in the days and weeks ahead. However, this boost will likely yield to perceptions of Obama's handling of the economy and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as more time passes.
In terms of public opinion, three factors work in Obama's favor.
First, until last night, Americans had largely given up hope that bin Laden would ever be captured. In the immediate aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks, 78 percent of Americans responding to a Gallup/USA Today/CNN poll agreed that bin Laden would likely be captured or killed; only 21 said his capture was unlikely. But by September of last year, a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey asking the same question found that only 30 percent considered bin Laden's capture likely, while 67 percent considered it unlikely.
Second, Americans have repeatedly expressed overwhelming support for the course of action that Obama and his national security team pursued. Republican pollster Alex Lundry tells The Huffington Post that a survey his firm conducted this past January showed that 80 percent of Americans favored capturing or killing Osama bin Laden, but only 16 percent said they thought it was likely to happen.
"Clearly," Lundry says, the news is "a welcome surprise for the American public." Most "had effectively ruled out the possibility of ever seeing this day, despite desperately yearning for it," he added.
Third, the immediate reaction among political leaders, pundits and even chatter on Twitter has been marked by unanimity rather than the usual partisan polarization. Some Republican leaders have downplayed President Obama's role in the shooting of bin Laden, but most have given him some credit. Even former Vice President Dick Cheney has offered congratulations to Obama and his national security team.
This sort of universal positive reaction is typical of the "rally around the flag" phenomenon long observed by scholars. Presidential approval ratings have historically surged in reaction to dramatic international events that directly involved the president and the U.S. armed forces. Sixty years of the Gallup Poll illustrate the way these events produce big spikes in approval.

more at link

The virtue of noble homicide.
Part of the human contradiction.
Yes kids as parents may have to explain to the youth sometimes we contradict our values and kill somebody with extreme vengence and everybody cheers.

Could we please not make this needlessly partisan.

Here's the reality-
When Obama was a senator and running for President, he made this statement:

That opinion appears to have changed based on all of the news reports available.
There are a number of other issues related to the "War on Islamic Terror" where there has been a very visible 'evolution' in Obama's approach from when he was a Senator and Presidential candidate. That's a good thing.

Many of the policies that he campaigned against in 2008 have been utilized in order to accomplish the outcome we saw last night. This is not an attack on the President, it merely demonstrates how vastly different the world looks as you develop a better understanding of what is going on.

This didn't happen at the stroke of any one person's pen.

We should recognize that some of the unpopular foreign policy decisions Bush made enabled this to take place. And we should recognize that Obama had the nerve to pull the trigger on the operation. When he first came into office, he DID NOT have the fortitude to authorize the sniper attack on the pirates. Hell was to be paid after those shots were fired.

So congratulations to our armed services, our intelligence agencies, our special ops, and the past two Presidents for accomplishing this symbolic accomplishment.

It won't make the world any safer but it does feel good.

Curiously, I do wonder what the logic of NOT blowing up the building in order to get a body to only dump it into the ocean without ever displaying it to the public is? Are the Islamasists or conspiratorial minded people going to trust a photo? Or their word on the DNA match?

And what's the point of the respectful funeral?
The guy was a war criminal. And,as we're already seeing, no one appreciates the gesture. They are now arguing that it still wasn't done properly.

I understand that there's no strategic value in poking the temperamental rabid Islamic street, but one victory lap is acceptable, especially if it verifies the act.

In the Japanese animators re enactment they show American soldiers treating Bin Laden according to Muslim rituals by p!ssing on him after riddling him with automatic gunfire and then when he gets to the afterlife for his 72 virgins they are all pork pigs who supervised by Satan take turns boffing him.:eek:

In the Japanese animators re enactment they show American soldiers treating Bin Laden according to Muslim rituals by p!ssing on him after riddling him with automatic gunfire and then when he gets to the afterlife for his 72 virgins they are all pork pigs who supervised by Satan take turns boffing him.:eek:

Where's the link for that?
I just thought he should be cremated and stuffed into a sausage casings, that way seems like a waste of ammunition.

Trump Sends Congratulations to Obama

Billionaire calls for end to partisan bickering … for "the next several days."

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2011...t_gop_frontrunner_calls_for_temporary_pa.html

By Josh Voorhees | Posted Monday, May. 2, 2011, at 11:56 AM EDT

How good a day is President Obama having?

Even Donald Trump has nothing bad to say about the man.

The real estate tycoon/reality star (and current GOP frontrunner) offered his congratulations Monday to Obama for ordering the U.S. mission that killed Bin Laden and called for a temporary truce to “party politics.”

"I want to personally congratulate President Obama and the men and women of the Armed Forces for a job well done," Trump said in a statement to ABC News.

“I am so proud to see Americans standing shoulder to shoulder, waving the American flag in celebration of this great victory," he added. "We should spend the next several days not debating party politics, but in remembrance of those who lost their lives on 9/11 and those currently fighting for our freedom. God Bless America!"

That’s quite a reversal for a man who only last week pivoted from "birther" talking points to asking to see Obama’s college transcripts to prove he deserved to attend Columbia and Harvard universities.

Ya lets all be happy and give Obama his moment:p

I'm just wondering when the posthumous death video from Bin Laden is released on Al-Jazeera with embedded instructions.

wow hussiein is the best prez ever!!!!!!! its sickening how people on the left are creaming their pants cuz now they think he will be re-elected. newsflash he is worse than jimmy carter he WILL NOT be our president in 2012!!!

TAKE THAT TO THE BANK

I got to say, I think that there is enough credit to go around on this one. First goes to the members of the US intelligence services and military. Brilliant planning and execution, the more I see and hear really brings home how extremely dangerous this mission was.

Even if you hate President Obama with every fiber of your being I hope that you can at least appreciate the set of balls it took to give is mission the go ahead. The evidence that Bin Laden was located was convincing but circumstantial. The easy play would have been a drone or two and some hellfire missiles. This way we confirmed we got him and we got to load up with more information from the house that may lead to more positive results.

Next up has to be President Bush. Hillary Clinton has a better chance of being elected president of his fan club than I do, but he did get a few things right. I thought he was nuts with his surge plan for Iraq and I was wrong. It must not be forgotten that it was President Bush’s administration that put together the operational framework that President Obama is still using today in the Afghanistan in the hunt for high value targets.

It’s also appears that the Bush administrations “enhanced interrogation techniques” may have played a part in getting the ball rolling on this. As I have stated on an earlier thread I didn’t agree with these techniques then and still don’t. In this case I have to say even I’m glad they got what they needed to get them pointed in the right direction on this one.

I would hope that as it relates to the events of yesterday and today we are not supporters of one party or the other but citizens of the United States of America. For once in a very long time we all got something to be perfectly happy about. Its Bin Laden burning in hell today and we as nation should hold our heads high.

As a parent of a son that finished his Navy service late last year I want to thank all of you reading this that have and continue to serve in our countries armed services.

I don't get what the big woop is all about. This in no way is going to fix our economy, this in no way will pull our troups out of the middleeast. As stated the "government" has put...it's a war on "terror" sop we're stuck there cause the terror will not stop...if anything now we got the Muslim Extremists whom are gonna be angry like bees.....remember...they only needa sting once!

I don't get what the big woop is all about. This in no way is going to fix our economy, this in no way will pull our troups out of the middleeast. As stated the "government" has put...it's a war on "terror" sop we're stuck there cause the terror will not stop...if anything now we got the Muslim Extremists whom are gonna be angry like bees.....remember...they only needa sting once!

He was the icon Enemy of the State
A real life Bond villian.
One man was challenging the entire United States.
Seeing the bad guy who masterminded 9/11 die in a hail of special forces bullets for his deeds is extremely satisfying to americans on a basic human emotional level.

Bin Laden also wrote the Al Queda handbook on how to attack us and use our laws and customs against us.

9/11 was so spectacular and humiliating that vengence was guaranteed.
However it gave Bin Laden and the terrorists a much greater stature than they deserved.
3000 people dieing at an event is terrible and not to minimize it or be disrespectful but 3000 people or more die every day in the US from varous causes.
Since then there have been some terror attacks outside the US but only several hundred to a thousand people have died.
Mexican drug terror has killed over 10,000 people last year but that's not ideological and the druggers will kill but are not going to be martyrs.
Bin Laden was impotently holed up inside what was essentially a fortress for the last 6 years.
That was what we reduced him to before finally getting him.
He wasn't even as good as the vaguely muslim Dr Zin in Jonny Quest.
Getting him is a symbolic victory that everyone in the world understands.
F with us and we'll get you at any cost.
Saying the terrorists only need to succeed once is a false truism.
The IRA set off bombs for years on a regular basis and british society carried on.
Tamil terrorists in Ski Lanka are another example.
They can't do 9/11 again and there's not much they can do other than small savage barbarian acts that only annoy us.

It's a big small thing that has been accomplished.
One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind :p
There have always been terrorists in history. It remains to be seen what
the latest batch can do.
Both Richard Ried the shoe bomber the Christmas day bomber and the Times Sq guy were totally pathetic
and now Islamists are busy fighting amongst themselves again over their own latest mediocrity.

The press is missing the point and it also emphasizes why it was such a failure of language to ever refer to the "War on Terror" as such.

The problems throughout the world related with Islam aren't about terror. As has long been said, "terror" is simply a tactic. The journalists are exclaiming that the "Egyptian and Tunisian" models have now taken favor and that the "terrorists" are a thing of the last decade.

The terror was a tactic. "Democratic revolution" is a tactic.
What's important is the strategic end goal. I would argue the goal is the same.

Dear President George W. Bush,

Signed,

Harry S. Truman
Nice to see ya foss.

They have a t-shirt that might interest you.

obama_got_osama_tshirt-p235535042179804314tdru_380.jpg

http://www.zazzle.com/obama+got+osama+gifts

Members online

Back