Walbro 255 fuel pump intall pics Gen1

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm going to have to make a disclaimer here because this is my car and I work on it how I please. This write up does not imply that this is the only way to do this or the best way.Just way I did it. That said,on we go.

Thought I'd post this up too. Kinda boring around here waiting for the snow to melt. Start off with pic of the tank up on lift. You see right in front of tank where exhaust is to be seperated.
100_0206-1.jpg

This is tank on ground. You can see the transfer tank hose on bottom of pic that needs to be taken off one side to drop tank because this runs over driveshaft.
100_0202-1.jpg

Here is sender removed from tank.Remember if you have to spin off a steel retainer ring holding sender in NEVER use steel punch. You should use brass so no SPARKS.
100_0187.jpg

Here is everything that comes in the pump kit.
100_0186.jpg

Here is sender with new pump on. Only thing holding pump in is the little strap you see with one bolt. Its plug and play for wires and only one new 1.5 inch hose with 2 new hose clamps on and your done.
100_0191.jpg

Oh PS make sure you get a real WALBRO pump!! There are the china knock-offs out there now. CHEAP!

You should get Joeychgo to put these mods you've done in the Tech articles section.

I might be about to go into this

What's the advantage of the 255 vs closer to stock capacity

I mean, go big or go home but with no other mods is it compatible?

I might be about to go into this

What's the advantage of the 255 vs closer to stock capacity

I mean, go big or go home but with no other mods is it compatible?

I had plans of putting a blower on. This will be my next write up. I will be going NOS kit instead. Cheaper. This pump cost me $111. For a stock pump replacement and no power adders not needed so much. But they do make 155 and 190 pumps also. And Walbros are THE pump to get. So might as well get a good pump for a good price and never worry about it dieing.

I agree 100%

Mine I believe in process of death, where did you get yours? I read the phony warlboro (sp?) pump article... Wild, but sadly and Truly no surprise

Look at the huge market for fake purses and designer everything

We have the swap shop down here, but I'm sure any flea market is the same...

So my curiosity was if there was a danger of using the 255 with no power add ons, bone stock. I don't want that work done twice if I can help it.....

I agree 100%

Mine I believe in process of death, where did you get yours? I read the phony warlboro (sp?) pump article... Wild, but sadly and Truly no surprise

Look at the huge market for fake purses and designer everything

We have the swap shop down here, but I'm sure any flea market is the same...

So my curiosity was if there was a danger of using the 255 with no power add ons, bone stock. I don't want that work done twice if I can help it.....

I think I bought my pump from that site that mentions china crap. You can also just buy a packaged BBK pump they are walbros in BBK box. I have a 255 in my car for 5 years now(stock engine) and have one in my conv Mustang for 20 years now. If you want to put bottle on it in future your all set. Now remember this is GEN 1 ONLY!!

A 255 on a stock car is fine. If you know you're never getting bit by the mod bug, just go 190.

Now show me how to put three Walbros (or 2 Denso 1020s) in there and I'll be happy. 94m5? Frogman?

Members online

Back