What is Fuel Computer Data Error??????

DUVALINCOLN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
LVC, I walked out to my 2004 LIncoln LS this morning and when I turned on the engine I saw this code which wasn't there last night. I tried to clear it but didn't work. Car seems fine and i know I have fuel. What is this and how do I fix it?????

I disconnect the battery for about 45 minutes and upon re-connecting battery, fuel Computer Data Error returned and gas gauge is still non-reactive.

sounds like there is an error in the data the the computer uses to tell you how much fuel you have. you might have a problem with the fuel level sensor in the tank

sounds like there is an error in the data the the computer uses to tell you how much fuel you have. you might have a problem with the fuel level sensor in the tank

It's not "the" fuel level sender, there are two of them.

darn, that would be too easy

A Ford specific scan tool will allow you to see the reading from both senders (one in the left side of the tank, and the other in the right side). Looking at the readings, it should be clear which has messed up, if not both. It could, of course, be the wiring or the REM (it reads the senders) at fault instead.

Does that mean I need to consult the dealership? Sounds expensive.

Do you have a after market remote start/alarm? If you do then check the wire connections.

I was getting this message too, I checked the wire connections, fixed the bad connection and the message was fixed.

It's not "the" fuel level sender, there are two of them.

1loudls said the fuel "sensor" not "sender"

When I replaced my fuel pump I got that message. In my case it was the fuel level sensor. The wire that leads to sensor came loose and had to be soldered back on.

Check for blown fuses before you go tearing things apart. There's one in the passenger kick panel fuse panel that does something with the fuel computer. I don't recall exactly which one it was though.

Fuel computer data error

Hi, i have a 2002 jaguar s-type,, and i have a week trying to figure out what could it be..i changed the battery. I changed the fuel filter. It would start and everything. But when the message would come up it wouldnt start no more. I added fuel additive..lucas. And now it wont start at all! :( did anyone get it fixed??

Members online

Back