daddy's car

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
so how many of you younger members have heard or over heard the comment being made, oh look hes got daddy's car. i heard it the other day when i was leaveing borders. its generally annoying. i undertand we dront drive the tipacal honda civic or toyota coralla but i mean come on.

oh on a side note my girlfriend is getting me flowmasters for my birthday sometime soon and ill get a sound clip up when they're on.

Drop it and put an LSE kit then see what they say oh yeah and the with the flow-masters you won't hear them HATING! lol Just the roar !!

it was annoying when i first got the car, but once i started doing stuff to it they all shut up as i watch them stare at my car as i drive away

it was annoying when i first got the car, but once i started doing stuff to it they all shut up as i watch them stare at my car as i drive away

They, I find myself watching other LSes drive by and I stare at the car all the time, like when I can see the car in the reflection or just sitting in the driveway. I stare at it all the time at work.

They, I find myself watching other LSes drive by and I stare at the car all the time, like when I can see the car in the reflection or just sitting in the driveway. I stare at it all the time at work.

yea i do that a lot too

Same here, I also got the " oh look, nice grandpa car". Not anymore though.

Maybe cause it's a lincoln

i could see a town car or a continental as a grandpa car, but not the ls (even though the guys i bought my car from was like 65)

someone was told i was picking them up in a lincoln and they immediately assumed it was a f*ckin towncar they were like ew a towncar im like yeah right....its a freakin ls b*tch!!! another time i drove by a pretty remote road in jersey city and on the other side of the street an all black lse passed me we just looked at each other and nodded lol. not like we drive lambo's or nuttin but hey better then the crap i see around here.

But why would anyone under 60 want to drive an LS? I understand those that had it handed down, but to actually go out and buy one on your own?

Being 72yrs old, it's the perfect car for me - rides like a sofa, all the comfort stuff and much easier to park than my wife's town car.

But why would anyone under 60 want to drive an LS? I understand those that had it handed down, but to actually go out and buy one on your own?

Being 72yrs old, it's the perfect car for me - rides like a sofa, all the comfort stuff and much easier to park than my wife's town car.

lol right

Wow Quik LS, you have had a few birthdays this last year.

everyone has shut up since I started modding, though I get more sh1t for being a masseuse than I do with the LS

I'm too old to have the problem. It is Daddy's car and I'm the daddy. At the same time, I'm old enough not to give a rip if someone does say something like that. You're going to have to do a lot better than that to get under my skin.

My favorite comeback is simply, "Is that the best you can do?"

When I see a young person driving this car I just get annoyed, because the value on these cars has dropped so much that anyone can afford one, so it almost loses it's sentimental value as well, because it makes the car seem not as special anymore. Now anyone with $5,000.00 can buy one of these things in decent shape, and then brag about it like it's some expensive car, and act like they have all sorts of money.

When I see a young person driving this car I just get annoyed, because the value on these cars has dropped so much that anyone can afford one, so it almost loses it's sentimental value as well, because it makes the car seem not as special anymore. Now anyone with $5,000.00 can buy one of these things in decent shape, and then brag about it like it's some expensive car, and act like they have all sorts of money.

Spoken like a true douche.

im only 19 but i don't act like i have a ton of money, i actually thought they were really expensive when i first bouhgt it and the guy i bought it from just wanted to dump it because of the hail damage

The only time I think I see someone driving "Daddy's car" is when I see a 16 year old in a Viper or an Escalade or something outrageous like that. If I saw someone in their late twenties or early thirties driving those same cars I would just wonder what they did for a living since that is not typical in my area for that age group.
People old enough to work full-time are old enough to buy an LS (or anything else in that price range) if thats what they want. As much of a Lincoln fan as I am, (and having had 2 LSs to date that I love) I am not under the impression that an LS is some unattainable sports sedan that nobody else can afford.

We have the $90,000 German sport sedans for that...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1142/3165661387_a8f308a9b5.jpg

Spoken like a true douche.

So I'm a douche, beacuse young kids like to act like they have money, because they drive a $5,000 - $10,000 car with a lincoln logo on it? Whatever to each his own I guess, if I'm a douche then I guess there isn't much I can do about that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back