Gen 2 Molded One Piece Triple Gauge Pillar Pod exposed

Lux

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not sure if this has been discovered, tried, or used before but i have found an almost direct fit one piece 3 gauge pillar pod for gen 2 mark viii's. Gen 1 guys this does not pertain to you. You can go to glowshift and use a universal one or a 3 pod mustang one, your pillar trim is MUCH fatter and ALOT different then us gen 2 guys.

I've spent a few months on the internet here and there doing research to see what will work, looking at friends cars, customers cars (i work at napa) on everything from cobras, lincolns, mustangs, verts, etc trying to find a one piece triple pillar pod i could use on my car with very LITTLE if any modification.

So after reading enough to realize that any mustang trim or universals wont really work that well on the gen 2 i was determined to find one. My friend has an 03 cobra (terminator) and his trim is very close to ours, however still to different to get a one piece.

So a few months back I purchased one for a thunderbird. It was an auto meter dual pod, fit almost perfectly, but i still wasnt happy because i wanted a third. So now i was forced to either buy another one piece one and custom fit the two together with some fiberglass...but i didnt feel like it, unsure how it would look because i've done it in the past on my mark vii, it was nice, but not the route i wanted to go in this car. So back to squre one i sold the tbird dual pod at a loss on a mission to find a one piece triple pod.

So anyway, if this is old news feel free to tell me..but it may be new to other guys so here it is -

I finally found something that will work after biting the bullet and spending another 55 dollars on what was pretty much a guess of my gut and a little bit of mystic luck from a company called lotek. Its the only one piece triple that i found for tbrids and is ALMOST a direct fit on the mark, i have to trim where its outlined in marker and will show you finished pics of when i get it in the car...Anyway, here you go guys...gen 2 triple pillar guage exposed.

Picture016.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture020.jpg

:p

well i have one autometer phantom trans temp guage, not sure if im going to purchase more of those or sell that one and go with some other guages.

Key gauges - trans temp, water temp, oil pressure, air/fuel, bottle pressure (or boost...unsure of which direction...but probably bottle for now) otheres will follow.

I got a feeling I might have been the first gen 2 guy to try these out, im still not finished with them, have to cover up the silver screw heads, epoxy them together and add some finishing touches...but they are good for now.

Autometer Phantoms, and i have to take it back apart and modify it the top corner for it to be finished.

Who ever revived this.... THANK YOU I need to install boost gauge a/f gauge and fuel psi gauges soon :)

Oh yeah did you get the one with passive restraints or not?

another option if you have a single din cd player

resized dash.jpg

resized dash.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back