bracket car

K*A*B

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
haven't been on in a while , board looks a bit different
anyway, i've been in the market for a cheap bracket car , and i am still under the impression that a mark8 is probably the cheapest car to buy and run 12's with
anyone get into gutting the death out of one , swapping in a c4 , or just drag race one on a consistant basis
my red car was around 4000 pounds , i'm pretty certain i can get one down around 3000, has anyone tried it

, or just drag race one on a consistant basis
my red car was around 4000 pounds , i'm pretty certain i can get one down around 3000, has anyone tried it

jus paint a number on it and put it in the other lane.

no need to gut it and run 12's...unless class rules dictate (12.99 & quicker for example)

in mid 14 second range the cars are deadly consistant..
the first year i raced for points i came in third in points in a 35 race series with over 40 racers

the second year i tied with tiffany for second place (shes got a mark 8 too)

the third season i won the championship, and backed it up for the two following seasons...3 years back to back to back.

Tiff..literally killed the mod et/foot brake class
at the beginning of the season there were consistantly 20-30 cars in footbrake, towards the end of the season the track had to put up a 400.00 guaranteed purse to get 10 cars.

at first call to the lanes, she be first in line...they would all line up behind rather pull alongside her
..it was funny watching grown men in race cars try to "dodge that chick in the lincoln"

sorry for the novel, but....yeah..alot of us run et brackets...and win

i ran the NMRA race in Nov, and after not racing for two full seasons i found myself in the final 8 carsm (1/4 finals) before i lost.

i cant wait to paint another dial in on the window..even a slow one is fine with me.

l_2806f7fedec13dd949a887f6331e315e.png

this guy got maaaaad when his pic surfaced on the internet
lol
l_0a5099a12a7a3b7d1b50dafb89d748c3.png

she started winning dollars in her second mark 8 too.
l_512249921e40df2b81fd2d02fcbe6d1d.png

side by side in our old cars

grandmas car vs grey ghost at Lonestar motorsports park
l_fa03d53e50ca8a64ec5d05b706094961.png

side by side at Houston Motorsports Park
l_1247bbb8af4fc9f5186278e4203220f6.png

later that evening

i took home the girl and the money but the track kept the trophy and gave me the plaque
l_8be2532e38fbd9e34d2e68d12f5f60bf.png

Side by Side at Temple Academy Dragway
l_b403f736cf9efc5bf85cb6621a5afba3.png

some of her trophies, and if you look close you can see the 50resto banner (for Laser/Bill)
1229909871_l.jpg

the the 50resto years and FFW
1229886409_l.jpg

44081751_l.jpg

actually looking for a 12.00 index car
my car eventually ran 12.40's ,if i could get 1000 pounds off , that could be close to mid 11's
when i say gutting it , i mean everything
non functioning lexan door windows, kirkey seat , manual non abs brakes , 5 gallon cell,no bumper supports , nothing under the dash , no carpet , weld wheels , no wiper mechanism , no power steering or ac
trailer it to the track slow race car :D

once you start going fast, it gets harder and more expensive to keep the 60' consistant in these big cars.
cutting down the weight helps...

but i understand where your going with a 12.00 index

yeah , you don't have to tell me
i'm in the middle of building a small block turbo malibu wagon
that car will not be done anytime soon , so i'm just looking for something cheap to throw together so i can race this spring while i finish the other car
funny thing is i'm trying to build a 12 second trailer queen so i can finish an 8 second street car .....go figure
the first index race is a bit more than a month away
i better go find a car and a case of sawzaw blades:D

Cut a light....run a number.

Great pics Tommy.

pick up the check

Thanks Fordnut, I got a craploads of pics and trophies too.....lol

I had 30-40 "money winner" stickers that were in grandmas car when it was stolen, little stuff like that.. un replaceable stuff.. kills me.
My 2005 championship Jacket was also in the car..along with Grandmas Good luck charm...luckily "grandmas luck" made it's way into Grandmas Car II

My 2005 championship Jacket was also in the car..along with Grandmas Good luck charm...luckily "grandmas luck" made it's way into Grandmas Car II

That blows......that jacket is something I would go to jail for if I saw it on someones back.

That blows......that jacket is something I would go to jail for if I saw it on someones back.

If I saw that jacket walking down the road, the texas population would definaltly decrease by a single digit.

I've got a roll of duct tape and a very large ant bed all picked out for this......

cut a light run a number is all well and good
but to go rounds in 12.00 index , it needs to be a 12.000 car
;)

Oh yea.. go straight..
You wouldn't think you'd need to say this...

But I see ALOT of people turning a 660 race into a 670 foot race by driving across the lane...they are taking the LONG WAY!
lol

Hey XLRVIII, how often do you go to HMP? I have not been since I sold my SHO. I wonder what my mark will Run.

I have not been in a while, they really dont like slow street cars or bracket racing.

you had a SHO?
i know a coupla shod00ds
..do i know you?
lol

Members online

Back