Replacement FOB

04creamlsv8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know of a RELIABLE website to order a replace keyless remote?? The dealer wants close to $100 but a couple websites I found have them for under $30 plus shipping...Any suggestions? comments? advice?

Well the reliability depends upon the seller you can get key-fobs on ebay for $15 or so shipped. You will have to program it to your car which I'm told isn't very hard.

I would say ebay. The programming instruction are in your manual and its not that hard. Oh but you do need 2 programed keys to program more keys.If you only have 1 you probably need to get another at the dealer to programm your own. If you do have 2 already programmed keys you just insert one key in the ignition, then the second, then the new unprogrammed key. Not exactly like that but thats just the the overall big picture.

i know its ebay and everything but that one looks really inexpensive compared to all the other ones i've seen. thanks for the link.

and alax i'm confused...as always. i have my ignition key plus my valet key. are you saying i need another ignition key?...just so i can program the one fob??

It is an OEM fob, why pay more, I buy mine on ebay. As long you buy the right fob for your 2nd gen LS as compared to 1st gen fob.

As long as both key's are already program you have enough key's to add and program more keys on your 2nd gen LS. Again I have bought OEM blanks on ebay, had them cut at Lowe's and programed all of my keys myself using one regular and one valet key. The only difference between a regular key and the valet key is the the valet teeth are not cut as deep.

It is an OEM fob, why pay more, I buy mine on ebay. As long you buy the right fob for your 2nd gen LS as compared to 1st gen fob.

As long as both key's are already program you have enough key's to add and program more keys on your 2nd gen LS. Again I have bought OEM blanks on ebay, had them cut at Lowe's and programed all of my keys myself using one regular and one valet key.

alright then sounds good. i'm gonna order it tonight. thanks guys

You just need 2 keys. You can use a valet and and ignition key

*EDIT: Well just like gcwimmer said, sorry for the double reply*

i know its ebay and everything but that one looks really inexpensive compared to all the other ones i've seen. thanks for the link.

and alax i'm confused...as always. i have my ignition key plus my valet key. are you saying i need another ignition key?...just so i can program the one fob??

I think that the confusion here is about what you are trying to do. My thought (though now I am not so sure) was that you were looking for a replacement remote. They seem to think that you are looking for a replacement key.
To program a new key, you will need two working keys.
To program a new remote, you only need one key.
In either case, the procedure is different, but both are listed in the owner's manual, and are pretty simple.

I think that the confusion here is about what you are trying to do. My thought (though now I am not so sure) was that you were looking for a replacement remote. They seem to think that you are looking for a replacement key.
To program a new key, you will need two working keys.
To program a new remote, you only need one key.
In either case, the procedure is different, but both are listed in the owner's manual, and are pretty simple.

Yes thank you joe. I need a replacement remote which I ordered a few hours ago. I thought thats what the FOB was?? Maybe I was mistaken. However it's all cleared up now.

Oh sorry. Just read key in people replie and it just passed me :confused: . Haven't look into how to program a control. By the way what does FOB stand for in key fob

How to reprogram your remote entry transmitters
You must have all remote entry transmitters (maximum of four)
available before beginning this procedure.
To reprogram the remote entry
transmitters:
1. Ensure the vehicle is electronically unlocked.
2. Put the key in the ignition.
3. Turn the key from the 1 (LOCK) position to 4 (RUN).
4. Cycle eight times rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the 1 (LOCK)
position and 4 (RUN). Note: The eighth turn must end in the 4 (RUN)
position.
5. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming
mode has been activated.
6. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter.
Note: If more than 20 seconds have passed you will need to start the
procedure over again.
7. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that this remote entry
transmitter has been programmed.
8. Repeat Step 6 to program each additional remote entry transmitter.
9. Turn the ignition to the 1(LOCK) position after you have finished
programming all of the remote entry transmitters.
10. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming
mode has been exited.

Members online

No members online now.
Back