I like this forum more..

Missing Linc'

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
You guys actually have ambition for performance, Im tired of all the whining and b*tching on the LS forums and the lack of its performance section. I want some advice from you guys, over the winter Id like to do some more mods, but there isnt much out there. I can do LT's from StainlessWorks for $800, a Nitrous kit, I got a Mustang twin 55mm throttle body I wanna fab onto the LS's 3.9, but thats about as far as I can go. Ill have a SCT tuner hopefully by the end of the week, Im the only LS with a stall, and Ive done the other usual "bolt ons". What would you guys suggest I do or what would you like to see done with the LS? Mods if you would please not move this thread into the LS side as it will never see the light of day, thanks.

I dont really know anything about the LS but i will throw some ideas out there. what about gears? Turbo? also i am guessing it can not be done or someone would have done it but if you could drop a 4.6L from a mustang GT or cobra that would be pretty sick.

Get gears and a Tlock like Jason... and pull the converter back out and have the stall bumped to something less sissy :D

Now come to the Chat Room on on Wed nights and to the Beach Party in July.

And join the rest of the fun the Mark VIII members have. We are always open to the LS members ... they just don't seem to like us much or noses too high in the air not sure...

More stall??? Why?? That thing is such a pain to get out.. Id love to do a T lock and gears but Ive yet to mess with anything IRS and custom mounting a 8.8 case and then getting a custom driveshaft seems to be a bit much for my level. Ive made a torque arm and trans cross member before tho so I might be able to do something, my real concern is the DS tho.. Im the first to do a stall in the LS so I didnt want to go crazy with it but I was kinda upset and wanting more (the 3500) after all said and done.

There is no such thing as too much stall :D (Joking)

But seriously 3500-4000 would be great!

I will be putting in a 38000-4000 rpm...

Missing, just one question, Why would you ask people that don't know the car that well for advice on what to do with it? There are alot of people on here that have switched over to the 8.8 and have also switched gears. To get the performance you want you are gonna need the turbo added on. There are 2 members selling complete set ups on here. And I believe you are the second member on here to swap out the converter for more stall. These motors are limited by the computers more than anything else. You could just bypass all the computers and drop in a larger motor. I did it on my Vette, but I have no air bags and the car is carburated. So how fast do you really want your LS to go?

Missing, just one question, Why would you ask people that don't know the car that well for advice on what to do with it? There are alot of people on here that have switched over to the 8.8 and have also switched gears. To get the performance you want you are gonna need the turbo added on. There are 2 members selling complete set ups on here. And I believe you are the second member on here to swap out the converter for more stall. These motors are limited by the computers more than anything else. You could just bypass all the computers and drop in a larger motor. I did it on my Vette, but I have no air bags and the car is carburated. So how fast do you really want your LS to go?

How is the engine limited by the computer?

The PCM is part of a bus that six other computers are tied to - all part of a entire system. For example - the REM (rear electronics module) actually controls everything from rear tail lights to the fuel pump. The dash is a sealed computer module, attached to the bus.

you could do a 4.6L swap - but you would likely have to pull all the electronics and swap in a new system. New PCM, FEM, REM, dash, SRS, ... Likely would not have a street legal car at the end of the day.

We do have the ability to 're-tune' the PCM but the software does not reach deep enough down to change things like crank sensor count, ....etc - so it's unlikely we can reuse the stock PCM in a motor swap.

I asked them for advice because I posted a thread a while ago in the LS forum asking what all I should do next and it just got bumped to the next page within maybe an hour by "ZOMG MY COILS! NOO!!" and "WHAT RIMS SHOULD I GET?" threads, and if I posted it in the HiPer section nobody would really notice it. Jason is the only person whos swapped in the 8.8 and gears, everyone else has swapped in the 8.8's Tlock and stock gears. A full IRS pumpkin swap is much more difficult. I dont want a turbo, nitrous will get me where I want until the bug comes back then theres gonna be another build like Ben minus the meth and some other things. Im the only member to swap converters and have it confirmed, nobody was positive that, I believe it was EmpireLS?, had swapped his or not..

There is no such thing as too much stall :D (Joking)

But seriously 3500-4000 would be great!

I will be putting in a 38000-4000 rpm...

38000!!?? :eek: SWEET JESUS MAN! Your insane! lol Ive still yet to track test the 3K if I only pick up a tenth or some weak a$$ sh!t like that then yea Ill go higher but for now Ill say its enough hahah

No there have been quite a few that commended me for my work in finding it out but its just to my understanding that, hell I dont know, 80% of the LS population doesnt give two sh!ts about the performance of this car.. And yes it hurt my feelings if thats what your after..

I asked them for advice because I posted a thread a while ago in the LS forum asking what all I should do next and it just got bumped to the next page within maybe an hour by "ZOMG MY COILS! NOO!!" and "WHAT RIMS SHOULD I GET?" threads, and if I posted it in the HiPer section nobody would really notice it. Jason is the only person whos swapped in the 8.8 and gears, everyone else has swapped in the 8.8's Tlock and stock gears. A full IRS pumpkin swap is much more difficult. I dont want a turbo, nitrous will get me where I want until the bug comes back then theres gonna be another build like Ben minus the meth and some other things. Im the only member to swap converters and have it confirmed, nobody was positive that, I believe it was EmpireLS?, had swapped his or not..

Ahem... SPSully was positive it would work. I've confirmed it will work with the gen 1 trans.

I agree that the LS side is really caught up with reems and subz. No one really cares to make their cars faster.

He's asking advice here because (next to) no one on the LS side gives a damn about performance past SCT, magnaflow, and intake.

There are lots of other things to do besides turbo to make the car faster.

Until you do a complete swap in the LS, I'm going to believe the ford engineers who couldn't get the swap to work on the OLOA LS.

Now, if you didn't care about the vehicle still being streetable, then your options open up for a swap.

Pektel you are correct, there are other ways to increase Hp besides a charger or a turbo. But once you start going into new territory you are gonna be spending more money also. There is a reason the LS didn't have a heavy aftermarket like other vehichles. To much time and money to invest into and the market of are there enough people to buy this stuff. Lincoln at the point of introducing the LS was considered an older persons Brand. The LS was the car they would hope would get younger buyers, But ford missed once again by designing a car that would be really expensive to mod.

I agree. But it also just had poor timing. It was released around the same time as Navigators, and that's when SUV's were the in thing. The LS was undermarketed.

And mismarketed to the wrong consumer.

Missing Linc...your name fits you quite well.

You are missing a Linc...

(buy a Mark VIII for performance and keep the LS for a daily if you want) :D

Missing Linc...your name fits you quite well.

You are missing a Linc...

(buy a Mark VIII for performance and keep the LS for a daily if you want) :D

Guarantee you my LS is faster than your MKVIII... Pektel thanks for jumping in here and yes Sully did confirm it just not with me, I couldnt get a hold of him and basically just said F ii Im buying it and if it doesnt work Im gonna send the spare to get "re-tooled" to a higher stall speed, once it was in and I called him for some trouble shooting issues he said I was just telling Pektel it would work.. None the less, Im straying off course and doing my own thing with this car past the intake/exhaust/mail order tune thing.. Xcal is on the way, Pro tuner software shortly after the nitrous gets here.. My Trans Am is gone now so I can dedicate more time into this thing.. Ill be more than willing to run some of you high and mighty MKVIII guys when its all said and done..

Spare engine to take apart might come first tho to see how bad casting flash ect is on the heads and to have spare cams to get spec'd out and see where we can go.. Im really thinking the long tubes would be beneficial after the tuning tho..

Guarantee you my LS is faster than your MKVIII... Pektel thanks for jumping in here and yes Sully did confirm it just not with me, I couldnt get a hold of him and basically just said F ii Im buying it and if it doesnt work Im gonna send the spare to get "re-tooled" to a higher stall speed, once it was in and I called him for some trouble shooting issues he said I was just telling Pektel it would work.. None the less, Im straying off course and doing my own thing with this car past the intake/exhaust/mail order tune thing.. Xcal is on the way, Pro tuner software shortly after the nitrous gets here.. My Trans Am is gone now so I can dedicate more time into this thing.. Ill be more than willing to run some of you high and mighty MKVIII guys when its all said and done..

Spare engine to take apart might come first tho to see how bad casting flash ect is on the heads and to have spare cams to get spec'd out and see where we can go.. Im really thinking the long tubes would be beneficial after the tuning tho..

:blah:

Settle down killer. I like the LS, i just suggested one of each. That doesnt make me mark viii owners high and mighty, that doesnt mean i said my car is faster than yours or I care about either, and that doesnt mean every mark viii owner now wants to race you.

You come here and ask advice, then somewhere along the lines, get offended or something and you challenge the High and Mighty Mark VIII community? Thats funny, i dont care who you are.

Next time you ask how to make your car faster, i'll just respond with "put a 4.6 in it" :lol: :burnout:

Members online

Back