Craigslist ad hiring thugs for Obama in town hall meetings

fossten

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Stop Complaining. Start Organizing! $400-600 Per Week (Minneapolis)
Date: 2009-08-03, 11:59AM CDT
Reply to: see below

President Obama’s top priority for Congress is health care reform. Insurance companies are spending over a million dollars a day lobbying against the reform, while feeding myths and fears to America. It will take the same grassroots energy that got Obama elected to see the change we voted for. Our work isn’t over.

Build support for health care reform with U.S. PIRG. Mobilize activists to cut the cost of health care, expand coverage, and stop sick from getting dropped by insurance companies. Go out in your community and make change happen. Make friends and money along the way.

Earn $400-$600 per week. To apply for a job, call Chris at 612-331-1434.

The Fund for the Public Interest has been working for over 25 years with organizations such as Sierra Club, Environment America, Human Rights Campaign, Progressive Future and U.S. PIRG to win concrete victories for the public interest. We are the nation’s premier nonprofit for raising money, building membership and winning grassroots campaigns.

* Compensation: $400-$600 Per Week
* This is at a non-profit organization.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
* Phone calls about this job are ok.
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 1303502752

Keep us informed.

Yeah, I'm curious as well - just not brave enough to put my name out there and end up on somebody's contact list :(

This is a rather novel approach. If the Big Whigs can hire lobbyists, the left is fighting back with lobbyists of their own. Clever.

EDIT: come to think of it, where does the money for the advertised salary come from? Who's footing the bill here?

This is a rather novel approach. If the Big Whigs can hire lobbyists, the left is fighting back with lobbyists of their own. Clever.

EDIT: come to think of it, where does the money for the advertised salary come from? Who's footing the bill here?

I know you're new to this, but the left has been hiring mobs and lobbyists all along. This isn't unusual.

And, perhaps you've been watching too much national news, but the anger at these town halls meetings IS NOT BEING FINANCED. Those are not political operatives showing up. Just like the "Tea Parties" weren't 'astroturf' financed organized events.

When you see things described as such, you're seeing two things:
1. Projection. The left routinely and historically relies on their rent a mobs. There actions are very heavily orchestrated, organized, and extremely well funded. They presume that the same must be happening now.

2. And they are trying to marginalize the people who are showing up. By dehumanizing them and their concerns.

Furthermore, the liberal elite in place like NY, D.C., LA and in the academic and leftist circles NEVER see traditional conservatives or hear them voice their opinions. It's foreign to them. Traditional American culture is foreign to them. Such a ground swell like the tea parties, like these town hall meetings, makes no sense to them. It must be orchestrated.

There are a bunch of us in this community who are active and informed with conservative and libertarian politics. I am among them. THIS IS NOT AN ASTROTURF movement. It is organic. And, with help from the internet, people who would otherwise feel silenced and intimidated by the dominant media culture, are finding out that they are the silent majority. They are communicating within their networks and organizing themselves.

The turn out isn't a GOP thing.
It sure as hell isn't about the insurance companies.
It's about stopping this creeping red nightmare called our federal government.

As for where the money comes from the leftist rent-a-mobs.
Some comes from tax payer money, funneled through "Community organizations" like ACORN.
Some of it comes from the unions. AFL-CIO, SEIU, ect- they take their forced dues and use it for political causes, often against the wishes (and best interest) of their members. And lastly, it comes from the big money "think thanks" and money laundering operations like the TIDES Foundation.

U.S. PIRG (the group we are talking about here, in the Criagslist ad) has been around for over 25 years, privately funded - they mostly work on environmental and consumer protection issues. It is mostly students, and is sort of an outgrowth of state PIRGs that Ralph Nader started. They do foolishly try to claim they are non-political... but that really isn't the case - they lean very hard left. Ben and Jerry is one of their big contributors... And so are you if you buy Ben and Jerry's ice cream... Along with Turner - watch any Turner channels lately?

So, since they are so quick to call me on this - Cal's list is a way to interject a bias here...

Sorry frog - there's a whole long list of corporations that give to 'left' causes - Just offset it by writing a check to some right wing organization, and you'll be able to eat your Cherry's Garcia in peace...:)

I tried Mission to Marzipan a couple of weeks ago... wow... But, I have to go with Imagine Whirled Piece
You seem like a Garcia type - Monkey and Phish huh? Shows how much I know...
We could start a thread - your favorite Ben and Jerry's... I bet there could be some decent psychological profiling that could be done from that...;)

Well I called.
I don't think I fit in. :)

His first question was how much education I had, when he found out he was sure I wouldn't cut the mustard for the job.
Its a office phone job and you need some smarts to talk people into stupid ideas.

He was sure they had a spot for me pounding on doors and hand out propaganda.

I told him no thanks.....I don't think there are any thugs there.
Not a word about any town hall meetings.
I see the ad is flagged now.

FWIW, I just called the number listed, and got pitched to start a job as what I'd call an agitator. He asked several questions regarding educational level and background. I answered in a non-committal fashion but he simply went on to pitch me. I listened a little bit and then said, "You mean you're FOR Obama's nonsense?" Laughed and hung up!:shifty:
KS

Obama seems to like to engage in violent rhetoric. Here are some examples:

“I want you to argue with them and get in their face”.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”

“I’m skinny but I’m tough”.

“Punch back twice as hard”.

“I don’t want the folks…to do a lot of talking. I want
them to get out of the way…”

FWIW, I just called the number listed, and got pitched to start a job as what I'd call an agitator. He asked several questions regarding educational level and background. I answered in a non-committal fashion but he simply went on to pitch me. I listened a little bit and then said, "You mean you're FOR Obama's nonsense?" Laughed and hung up!:shifty:
KS

Did they ask you to be a thug in a town hall meeting?

reform-for-hire2.jpg

haha I've never bought B&J's ice cream nor watch turner channels.....guess I don't support them :p

Is it watching Turner channels or paying for them that gets your panties in such a wad? Inquiring minds want to know where the goalposts are.

I still have no clue what you are blithering on about Foss -

I still have no clue what you are blithering on about Foss -
You accused people of being contributors to PIRG if they eat Ben and Jerry's and watch Turner channels. So if you just pay for bundled cable, are you supporting them? Or do you have to actually watch Turner channels?

What if you have no Nielsen machine hooked up to your TV?

Members online

Back