Craigslist ad hiring thugs for Obama in town hall meetings

If it is bundled, part of your fees go to all the stations within the bundle. Cable pays to have Turner on its lists of stations, and that cost is passed through to subscribers... So, yes, you are giving a little bit to Turner every month if they are on your bundle.

Oh Foss, if you have cable they don't need a nielsen counter attached to your TV - they know foss, they know...

If it is bundled, part of your fees go to all the stations within the bundle. Cable pays to have Turner on its lists of stations, and that cost is passed through to subscribers... So, yes, you are giving a little bit to Turner every month if they are on your bundle.

Oh Foss, if you have cable they don't need a nielsen counter attached to your TV - they know foss, they know...

The cable company doesn't "know" if you don't have a digital box.

Turner sold his networks to Time Warner years ago.
I don't even think he's still on the board at Time Warner anymore.

But what's your point exactly?

Are you trying to cloud the waters with some bogus "hypocrite" charge?
By the way, the proponents of the nationalized medical plan are hiring people off of Craigslist, not the insurance companies as the Democrats and MSM would have you believe. Did you notice that part of the thread?

Turner still makes money off his channels - it was a merger, not a buy-out - especially TMC - he owns the vault, the movies are held under Turner Entertainment. He hasn't sat on the TW board for a few years - but that doesn't mean that isn't where some of his money comes from. He still gets plenty from the merger.

You don't have digital? You are right - if you don't have a box, they can't tell what you are watching, I would have thought everyone had a box to go to HDTV. Wasn't it a requirement?

We were talking about the people being hired by the Dems via Criagslist - and where the money trail leads...

As far as I know no one who is protesting from the 'right' at the meetings has been hired by anyone. The people I talked to at my townhall type meeting that were against the current healthcare plan came from different sources.

You don't have digital? You are right - if you don't have a box, they can't tell what you are watching, I would have thought everyone had a box to go to HDTV. Wasn't it a requirement?
You're not required to have HDTV. Nor are you required to have a digital cable converter. And even if you have digital cable, you can still have regular cable on other TVs.

In fact, that's one of the benefits of having "cable" and not something like Fios or satellite. You can still add additional connections until your heart is content. You only need the digital box if you want to watch the certain content.

That's an entirely different topic though.

We were talking about the people being hired by the Dems via Criagslist - and where the money trail leads...
And you've indirectly taken it all the way to Fossten watching a colorized version of The Wizard of Oz on basic cable. O.K.

As far as I know no one who is protesting from the 'right' at the meetings has been hired by anyone.
Nor do I. Though the Democrat talking points, and the narrative coming from the most of the mainstream media implies otherwise.

The people I talked to at my townhall type meeting that were against the current healthcare plan came from different sources.
Aren't you a little angered by the aggressive efforts of the Democrats and their organized supporters who are lying to the public saying otherwise?

Do you take offense to the article that Pelosi and Hoyer had published in USA Today that basically called the participation and disagreement this August from people who actually support choice as "UNAmerican?"

Granted, she says "drowning out opposing views"- but I'm not seeing opposing views "drowned out" at the Town Hall events. Though that is a tactic I have recently endured at events where the leftists didn't agree with the speaker, but that's a different topic, I guess.

I do think it's hypocritical for them to make that claim noting how she's running the House of Reps, how Republicans were not allowed any direct input in this bill, and the fact they've down everything in their power to limit and silence any public debate on this issue as they attempted to rush this through BEFORE the August recess.

And you've indirectly taken it all the way to Fossten watching a colorized version of The Wizard of Oz on basic cable. O.K.
Which I believe Turner owns... And makes money on every time it is broadcast...

I believe it was you that implied that one of the sources of money that was behind this ad was from tax payers - I wanted to show that it wasn't. US PIRG is privately funded. I just pointed out some of where that private funding comes from.

Do you take offense to the article that Pelosi and Hoyer had published in USA Today that basically called the participation and disagreement this August from people who actually support choice as "UNAmerican?"

Yep - don't like Nancy's approach on this - it is wrong... It has created a feeling of animosity as though it is 'us against them'. Legislation like this really needs to be well thought out and created with a sense of compromise and input from both sides. This is monumental legislation, and it needs to be treated as such. It should not be used as a battlefield.

But, it hasn't gone through - hopefully because you and others made sure their reps and senators knew how you felt about this. I certainly did.

Things will look different after the August break. I predict more Blue Dogs... I don't know if the Republicans will still have much of an impact, I think they will need to align themselves with blue dogs to get their voices heard.

Which I believe Turner owns... And makes money on every time it is broadcast...
yes, very good point....
What was that point again?

I believe it was you that implied that one of the sources of money that was behind this ad was from tax payers - I wanted to show that it wasn't. US PIRG is privately funded. I just pointed out some of where that private funding comes from.
you wanted to point out the Fossten was funding these protests?
Gotcha.

Now, besides Fossten's financial association, I don't know how that demonstrates that they aren't also subsidized by public dollars, or how they are subsidized at all.

But a little bit more about PIRG.
Did you know that Obama used to work for the NY PIRG after he graduated from Columbia University? He was an "organizer" there for about a year.

It was originally founded by Ralph Nader as a lobbying group for progressive causes and legislation and it's chapters spread across college campuses. Even today, a lot of colleges hide PIRG fees in their tuition fees to all students.

As for specifically where PIRG gets all it's money.
NO ONE KNOWS.
They have no transparency.

Some more information about PIRG.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/education/2008/07/30/2008-07-30_cuny_hit_on_fee_for_nypirg.html

http://www.mydd.com/story/2006/12/1/151553/798

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?articleId=11993

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/fundislying/FundIsLying.html

Things will look different after the August break. I predict more Blue Dogs... I don't know if the Republicans will still have much of an impact, I think they will need to align themselves with blue dogs to get their voices heard.
The Republicans have no voice in the Congress, they're best served to not associate with any compromise based upon this specific bill and framework. If that abortion is passed, it needs to be a partisan victory.

The entire thing needs to be defeated.
Hopefully the Blue Dogs will be sufficiently scared after they return that they scrap the entire bill. I'd personally like to see it voted on and fail, but the administration is probably too savy for that too happen.
After it's defeated, they need to start over.

So, fox, was your original point in bringing up Turner to somehow require me to cancel my cable entirely in order to avoid hypocrisy by indirectly funding Turner?

If that's the case, then my 'moving the goalposts' comment stands.

As does my FAIL comment.

Foss - nope, I was just showing where the money comes from, and the fact that it comes from surprising places - one of them being - you. And what goalpost were we talking about...

And you know - I bet there are many things I buy where the profits end up in places I wouldn't be too happy about. It is just this one is easy to follow - because they are non-profit they have to list their funding...

Cal - You buy cable... a cable channel that is part of your bundle buys The Wizard of Oz (OZ has always been in color by the way, and they continue to keep Kansas in black and white) they pay Turner, which in turn contributes some of that money to US PRIG...

It was originally founded by Ralph Nader as a lobbying group for progressive causes and legislation and it's chapters spread across college campuses. Even today, a lot of colleges hide PIRG fees in their tuition fees to all students.

And, if you look way, way back, in my post #8

U.S. PIRG (the group we are talking about here, in the Criagslist ad) has been around for over 25 years, privately funded - they mostly work on environmental and consumer protection issues. It is mostly students, and is sort of an outgrowth of state PIRGs that Ralph Nader started. They do foolishly try to claim they are non-political... but that really isn't the case - they lean very hard left. Ben and Jerry is one of their big contributors... And so are you if you buy Ben and Jerry's ice cream... Along with Turner - watch any Turner channels lately?

Now, besides Fossten's financial association, I don't know how that demonstrates that they aren't also subsidized by public dollars, or how they are subsidized at all.

I know about US PIRG - you can go to their website - they are a non profit organization, they have to list their sources of funds - it is the law...

There have been lots of lawsuits against the colleges that have supported PIRGs with student fees. In almost all cases the colleges lose the suits, with the students filing the cases as victors. However, those fees are not public funds.

Hmm, I ask a simple question about where the money is coming from for these 'jobs' working as 'thugs' or agitators or however it is portrayed. And Cal, you have seen fit to provide me with an answer.

As for specifically where PIRG gets all it's money.
NO ONE KNOWS.
They have no transparency.

Wasn't that easy? Yes. I asked a question, you gave me an answer. Novel idea, huh?

So why did it take a second page of the thread in order for you to get to that answer, and why instead did the immediate reply I get consist of the following speech?

I know you're new to this, but the left has been hiring mobs and lobbyists all along. This isn't unusual.

And, perhaps you've been watching too much national news, but the anger at these town halls meetings IS NOT BEING FINANCED. Those are not political operatives showing up. Just like the "Tea Parties" weren't 'astroturf' financed organized events.

When you see things described as such, you're seeing two things:
1. Projection. The left routinely and historically relies on their rent a mobs. There actions are very heavily orchestrated, organized, and extremely well funded. They presume that the same must be happening now.

2. And they are trying to marginalize the people who are showing up. By dehumanizing them and their concerns.

Furthermore, the liberal elite in place like NY, D.C., LA and in the academic and leftist circles NEVER see traditional conservatives or hear them voice their opinions. It's foreign to them. Traditional American culture is foreign to them. Such a ground swell like the tea parties, like these town hall meetings, makes no sense to them. It must be orchestrated.

There are a bunch of us in this community who are active and informed with conservative and libertarian politics. I am among them. THIS IS NOT AN ASTROTURF movement. It is organic. And, with help from the internet, people who would otherwise feel silenced and intimidated by the dominant media culture, are finding out that they are the silent majority. They are communicating within their networks and organizing themselves.

The turn out isn't a GOP thing.
It sure as hell isn't about the insurance companies.
It's about stopping this creeping red nightmare called our federal government.

As for where the money comes from the leftist rent-a-mobs.
Some comes from tax payer money, funneled through "Community organizations" like ACORN.
Some of it comes from the unions. AFL-CIO, SEIU, ect- they take their forced dues and use it for political causes, often against the wishes (and best interest) of their members. And lastly, it comes from the big money "think thanks" and money laundering operations like the TIDES Foundation.

Seems to me you could have answered my question in about five words instead of several paragraphcs about how the town hall meetings are real.

Members online

No members online now.
Back