Radio Speakers are not working

582Boat

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
In my 1996 MK VIII the radio was not working, therefor purchase a new JVC KW-XC410. I believe that I have hooked up the Scosche FDK10B/FDK 10 color coded wireing correctly. The radio is on, antenna goes up and down, volume shows, stations show, but no sound coming out of the four speakers.
I have not been able to find the amplifier in the trunk or under the dash. I assume the radio was standard audio system, with out a cd player, etc. Need help.

ok in the harness for the radio there is a all blue wire and a blue with white stripe the all blue goes to the antenna and the blue with white stripe is a amp turn on wire make sure that they are both conected and that should give you sound. If no luck there get a dmm and test the speaker wire behind the radio and make sure they are reading around 4 ohms. They will only read if there is not an amp.

ok in the harness for the radio there is a all blue wire and a blue with white stripe the all blue goes to the antenna and the blue with white stripe is a amp turn on wire make sure that they are both conected and that should give you sound. If no luck there get a dmm and test the speaker wire behind the radio and make sure they are reading around 4 ohms. They will only read if there is not an amp.
According to the Power Cord instructions of JVCKW-xc410, I hooked up Black to Black (Ground) Yellow to live terminal in fuse block(battery), Red toaccessory terminal in the fuse block, blue to solid blue, orange with white stripe to orange with white stripe(Illumination) To car light control switch. That left the Blue with white stripe wire empty, there was no other wire to connect to, question now what do I do.

The amp is in the trunk up on the right side. You have to take the inside down, then unclip a hard plastic holder for amp. You could check if power is going in at least, and they are funky amps I am on my 3rd one

Does your car have the black square plug that the speaker wires go in or is it a flat plug. Try hooking the blue with whit stripe to the straight blue wire that should work. If it has the square black plug then ur car has a amp and has to b turned on.

Do yourself a favor, get new speakers and rewire the whole mess.

Everything is 13 years old.
That HU you bought will blow away the stock crap with any newer speaker you buy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back