I Won, I Won, I Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALECF4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I won the Ebay auction for randatola's car that took a visit to the guard rail! So now I can transplant his engine and trans into my LS so that it may live again. I got lucky in the auction that I got the minimum bid and no a-holes on there were bidding and jacking up the price! I got it on the cheap ($750) which is good because it might cost up to $800 to get the thing shipped to Wisconsin. It's all good though because his car has SST so I can upgrade to that and fix my clockspring right away too! Anyone know if I will need his CPU for SST to work without any issues? Plus I know a lot of you were looking for parts from his car and I will be parting out everything I don't need so that I can cover most of the cost of this whole ordeal, hopefully. PM me with parts you might want and I will see what a fair price is for the stuff. Cool, my LS should be up and running for the summer I hope. My bro found me a free car until that happens. It's some Taurus without heat, summer's coming, but it's free so who cares! Oh yeah, anyone ever dropped an engine on the LS? I was thinking of having a shop just do the work but if I can do it in a shop and have the tools might as well save the cash. I was planning on doing the engine and trans as one unit to hopefully save on some labor...let me know.

I appreciate everyone's input on all of this and all of the time all of the LS owner put into their cars. If it weren't for this forum there would be a lot of unhappy LS owners and just frustrated people.

im not too familiar with his vehicle. Any pics? what year is it? i have an 06 and may be interested in some parts. :)

Wow 750 is cheap! You can probably make a profit after you scrap it for sure!

I saw that you put in your 3 bids and no one else bid. Thats good luck. I never have that luck and have everyone and there uncle bid on the stuff I want. Just one jerk bid my LS up another 500 on me. You might want to thank me I was the one who mentioned to him to get the car and just sell it outright on sites and then told you about it. LOL Hope you get her up and running without much hassle.

+1 on the year/trim.

I am dying for a 02 V8 intake and willing to pay. Otherwise, I might have to buy an aftermarket :(

You might want to thank me I was the one who mentioned to him to get the car and just sell it outright on sites and then told you about it. LOL Hope you get her up and running without much hassle.

THANK YOU!

Haha, that was the first thing I thought of once I gathered my thoughts after the engine blew though was randatola's thread. I hope I can get it going without hassle too!

Hotness, my intake should be intact! If I blew out more than the bottom end then wow. I didn't know there were aftermarket intakes for these especially since there seems to be a limited aftermarket for these cars. What is the going rate on an aftermarket unit and for one off of a car like mine?

Anyone know if I will need his CPU for SST to work without any issues?

You will need to have some programming done for that. The various computers will need to talk to each other. Also, I didn't see it in your post, but only gen 1 electronics will work with gen 1 cars. Same with gen 2. The two computer languages aren't compatible.

Hotness, my intake should be intact! If I blew out more than the bottom end then wow. I didn't know there were aftermarket intakes for these especially since there seems to be a limited aftermarket for these cars. What is the going rate on an aftermarket unit and for one off of a car like mine?

LSK sells em for like 300, if they have any.. :confused:

and a stock one is worth, hmm, well about.. 75 + the cost of shipping to me. :rolleyes:

+1 on the year/trim.

I am dying for a 02 V8 intake and willing to pay. Otherwise, I might have to buy an aftermarket :(

Why an '02? Is it different from the 2000-01's? Or you just want a first gen? In your sig it says you have an '02 with a modified intake. What's that about?

LSK sells em for like 300, if they have any.. :confused:

and a stock one is worth, hmm, well about.. 75 + the cost of shipping to me. :rolleyes:

I am dying for a 02 V8 intake and willing to pay.

Haha, "dying!". I'll see what I can do for $75....might have to hit it with a hammer a few times.

You will need to have some programming done for that. The various computers will need to talk to each other. Also, I didn't see it in your post, but only gen 1 electronics will work with gen 1 cars. Same with gen 2. The two computer languages aren't compatible.

I have an '02 and the parts car is an '01 with SST. Since I am putting his entire engine and transmission, plus his SST shifter, into my car I would think that it would make sense to swap the ECU's right away too. Also, that way I shouldn't need to reprogram anything. Correct? All of the other sensors and components should interact with the computer the same as before. Let me know if I'm missing something. Like if the SST functions are controlled by a different unit.

I have an '02 and the parts car is an '01 with SST. Since I am putting his entire engine and transmission, plus his SST shifter, into my car I would think that it would make sense to swap the ECU's right away too. Also, that way I shouldn't need to reprogram anything. Correct? All of the other sensors and components should interact with the computer the same as before. Let me know if I'm missing something. Like if the SST functions are controlled by a different unit.

IIRC, you'll need to "marry" the new pcm to the rest of the system. Not complicated, you just need access to Ford's WDS or something similar.

No plug-n-play?! Luckily I have a friend in the service dept. at the dealership so I'll ask him about it.

At least I won't have the issue that most of the others had upgrading where D3 disappears, right?

Last edited:
No plug-n-play?! Luckily I have a friend in the service dept. at the dealership so I'll ask him about it.

At least I won't have the issue that most of the others had upgrading where D3 disappears, right?

There is no D3. It is D4 that is lost. Your friend should be able to "marry" the two new pcm to your system with no problem. All he needs to do is get the two systems "talk" to each other.

Damn, I thought he was gonna have insurance fix it! I live an hr from CT, I could have towed it back with an LS! :(

Anyone know if I will need his CPU for SST to work without any issues?
This has been covered so many times its not even funny. :p Search for "SST Install", and you'll get everything you need to know.

Good luck with the swap.

Well let's hope you have your project done by July and then you can bring it to the Boscobel Beach Party and show it off. If you don't know LvC host a Summer meet in Boscobel Wisconsin. Sheboygan isn't that far away... only 4 hours...

LvC members come from much further way than across the state.

Furthest ever to make it was from England...

This has been covered so many times its not even funny. :p Search for "SST Install", and you'll get everything you need to know.

Good luck with the swap.

I read the "SST Install" thread and everyone had to flash their ECU's. I thought I might be able to skip that part because I have the ECU from the SST car, but from what I am hearing I have to get that one flashed anyway just to put it in my car at all. Guess I'll see what my buddy at the dealership says.

Well let's hope you have your project done by July and then you can bring it to the Boscobel Beach Party and show it off. If you don't know LvC host a Summer meet in Boscobel Wisconsin. Sheboygan isn't that far away... only 4 hours...

LvC members come from much further way than across the state.

Furthest ever to make it was from England...

Cool! Yeah I sure hope I'm done by then. If I miss out on the whole summer with my LS I won't be a happy camper! Never heard of Boscobel...I'll have to look it up. I don't know that my LS will be anything special by then but it would be nice to actually meet some of the other LVC members and check out their cars. Thanks for the info.

Parts car pics

Here are the pics that were up on Ebay. Hope these aren't copyrighted randatola. ;)

1.jpg

airbag.jpg

dash.jpg

driver_door.jpg

engine_compartment.jpg

front.jpg

front_quarter.jpg

front_seats.jpg

rear.jpg

rear_quarter.jpg

rear_seat.jpg

rhs.jpg

sticker.jpg

Well you should be able to recover some of your cost by selling salvaged parts..

Or you can do what I do and have that area in the garage with all the extra part so I don't need to aways go buy what's on eBay.

As for Where is Boscobel. Just Head West on Hwy 23 from Sheboygan (oh don't forget to bring some brats LOL...) Take 151 to Sun Pairie then take Hwy 19 west to Mazomanee ... Follow Hwy 14 to 133 and take 133 to Boscobel...

I grew up in Two Rivers ... Be heading up that way for Easter ... Oh that's next weekend LOL ... That's my route ...

Sounds easy enough. Yeah I've been up to Trivers a few times. I hope to recover most of the costs and maybe more from parting out that car and the engine from mine. The tough part is how much to charge because I want to make enough money but I also want to give everyone a fair deal. I guess if it's too much then they won't pay!

I always wondered how those side airbags came out... I guess that photo answers it---exploding seat! :burnout:

Let me know what the rear gear in that car is. If it's the 3.58, let me know what you want for the rear pumpkin and both rear axles shipped to 10305.

PM is fine if that works for you.

Thanks.

NYC, didn't all gen 1's have 3.31's? I think they did. Just use your 3.58's!

Some had 3.58s. Maybe the earlier Gen Is, not sure. Either way works, I guess. Woulda been easier for me to rebuild the thing in my apartment first instead of at the shop :D

Members online

Back