1996 MKVIII Radio

582Boat

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Have had the usual problems with my standard :confused: MK VIII radio, the off/on/volume button not holding and no reception, lights up and you can see the volume light move, antenna goes up and down. Maybe it is time to purchase another one, does anyone out there have a spare one for sale.:confused:

Funny I have both double din models. Cassette CD changer controller and a double din CD player. Both factory Fomoco radios.

here we go again, no, you didnt have to pay anything for it, if it was too much money, you paid for it so obviously you didnt mind the price.
usually when i price something and dont like the price i dont buy it, you dont pay more than you want and then complain it was too much money! i didnt hold a gun to your head. is that all you are gonna do now is try to fire me up?

Somebody doesn't know what :D means....

And is also clueless to what a "front and rear" bumper cover are.
*grins a joking smile*

(remembers Jamies "which is it thread" where he beat up an ebayer for an improper description)

touche'

Well here is my double din CD player that I just took out of my 96' Mark. Even plays burned CD's so it was good till I switched to my Alpine.
MarkVIIICD.jpg

tommy i dont do the ebay listings, thats my father in law and my wife, they know the front bumper add has a pic of the rear bumper, i dont know why they havent changed it yet.

Ken we found out the radio i have is messed up, when the radio is on, and no cd is in it, it will randomly go from am or fm whatever you have it on, to CD and say track one and sit there for a few seconds and then go back to the radio station, i dont know why it does this, but when you put a cd in it plays fine. yes it would just plug in also they use the same connections for the cassette or cd radio's. its currently listed on ebay as is, maybe someone knows an easy fix to correct it i dont know anything about the radio insides!!
i'll try to get some time to look at your 96 also ken, but since i went back to work i have been working a ton of hours, which is good for the pay, but leaves me absolutely no personal life to do anything else!

1996 Mk Viii

tommy i dont do the ebay listings, thats my father in law and my wife, they know the front bumper add has a pic of the rear bumper, i dont know why they havent changed it yet.

Ken we found out the radio i have is messed up, when the radio is on, and no cd is in it, it will randomly go from am or fm whatever you have it on, to CD and say track one and sit there for a few seconds and then go back to the radio station, i dont know why it does this, but when you put a cd in it plays fine. yes it would just plug in also they use the same connections for the cassette or cd radio's. its currently listed on ebay as is, maybe someone knows an easy fix to correct it i dont know anything about the radio insides!!
i'll try to get some time to look at your 96 also ken, but since i went back to work i have been working a ton of hours, which is good for the pay, but leaves me absolutely no personal life to do anything else!
Thanks Jamie, I understand, work comes first, pays for retirement, when you get time give me a call, I believe I need the wiper motor, I got the cruise working. Ken

Do you have time to put a MARK V111 fuel filter in?? I have the filter.

a fuel filter? you should be able to do it yourself, all you need to do is remove the right front wheel and inner wheel well liner, a fuel line tool and 8 mm socket is all you need. its really easy!

Members online

Back