ideas and help

and the stall i bought is bad ass

who built this badass stall?
if it's a Edge or a PI convertor..it's a paperweight.

Unless you get a Circle D stall convertor then it's "not badass".

also.. "killer deal" means it didn't measure up to someone.. otherwise that badass covertor would still be in their car.

Do NOT put an Edge or PI stallion convertor in your car.
who is the manufacturer of this mystery stall?

well if you read in the forum it is an edge its a 600 dollar stall and i believe if you put a different trans in your car like a manual in a mustang you would have to buy the stall for that trans right? so not JUST didn't measure up he just went a different route.

well if you read in the forum it is an edge its a 600 dollar stall and i believe if you put a different trans in your car like a manual in a mustang you would have to buy the stall for that trans right? so not JUST didn't measure up he just went a different route.

:confused:

i forgot to say that i have a 3000 edge racing stall with anti balooning plates and the whole nine yards and a trans cooler. i was just wondering the best setup for the stuff i have and i heard if you set up the cams so you get a lope you will kill the power potential

here is where i said it was edge

and to ford nut, that was a little bit of sarcasm, and i don't use punctuation very much thats probably why it was hard to read. will a manual trans will need a different stall than mine?

who built this badass stall?

also.. "killer deal" means it didn't measure up to someone.. otherwise that badass covertor would still be in their car.

HERE FOR CLARIFICATION THE GUY I BOUGHT IT OFF OF PUT IN A MANUAL
and i meant to say with a manual he wont need mine?

here is where i said it was edge

and to ford nut, that was a little bit of sarcasm, and i don't use punctuation very much thats probably why it was hard to read. will a manual trans will need a different stall than mine?

in your post you asked if it was the BEST SET UP... which it isn't.

Edge and PI both have issues.

Circle D IS the BEST set up.. anything else is substandard in MY opinion.

how much does a sick... badass stall cost from them because i couldnt call them because they are not open today?

well you aren't gonna get a "killer deal" from them but I can assure you that you will get a "KILLER CONVERTER" from them.

they have LOTS of experience with the 4r70w... in both stock and high HIGH HP applications.

you "cant kill" a circle D converter with a 600HP lightning, so a 280-300HP mark 8 damned sure aint gonna hurt one.

one of my local buddies I bracket race with put about 3000 passes on his circle d TC.. and it's still working as advertised.

on the local Lightning board haloclub.com they ALL use circle d.. NONE of them have had a single issue with CircleD.

Circle D isn't an internet whore either, you wont find the folks from circle D running around the internet telling people what they "DO AND DONT KNOW"....

Their products speak for themselves, and they'd never stoop to tell a customer or potential customer they were stupid.

I "believe" their TC is 800-900 dollars, it aint cheap.. but then again.. "it AINT CHEAP" either...

I've yet to see a Circle D TC that had a "ring of fire" burned into the cover.
unlike that bright green TC with the "ring of fire" burnt into the housing.

What color are the DD convertors?
...nuff said.

He put the stall converter in a manual? That guy has skill.

I had an svo mustang i put a 5500 stall in..
I put 275,000 miles on that car.. when I took the TC out it looked like it was brand new... it still had finger prints in the fresh paint.

then again.. that TC spent 275,000 miles in the spare tire well of my car.

I put 275,000 miles on that car.. when I took the TC out it looked like it was brand new... it still had finger prints in the fresh paint.

So you had a badass Trunk Converter?

Was that a dd converter ? :D

I beg to differ with you on the TC's and manual transmissions. The race crowd is now using TC setups with Lenco's because they can get torque multipication and also use the ever potent trans brake setup.

I'm looking at a datalog of my 98 which is stone stock.

you can clearly see 1.4 seconds into the street launch at 7.5MPH the rpm is at 2602.

as I said..MY car will flash up to 2400-2600

that was my guestimate before you challenged what I said and so I went and looked at the data..
IF I posted the datalog would you know what you were looking at?

I'm speaking from "real data"..

not "butt-0-meter guestimations based on a very innaccurate tachometer.:eek:

Actually the tachs in my 2 Mark VIIIs have been very accurate, during emissions testing here they'll hook up an external tach on their computer and hold the engine at a specific RPM... the difference between the 2 was indistinguishable.

I'm speaking from having seen and driven a car with a 3000 stall rated converter vs it's stock converter. Before the install, it would flash to 2200, and after it would flash to just over 3000. And, compensating between runs for DA, the 3000 stall was worth 4 tenths in the 1/4 mile. If the stock stall is really 2700, will a 300rpm difference give you 4 tenths?

Hey guys, I'm a new member to this forum.

I'm currently making moves to buy a silver non-LSC 96 with 63k miles on the clock and I'm trying to figure out how I should approach the power side of my mod list.

My plan so far includes:

LMS Chip
LMS Catback
LMS icebox CAI
Eventually getting headers
Finding an appropriate rear swaybar

I just want the car to handle a little better and be able to run with 97-04 Mustang GTs and LT1 Camaros. Will these mods put me in the ballpark powerwise? What else would I need to look into getting to have a car that performs and performs reliably.

Welcome CC440 if you add some gears and a 3200-3500 stallconverter you should be in the ball park.

Members online

Back