1996 Mk Viii Vrcm

582Boat

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to acquire a technician that could repair a Variable Relay Control Module for a 1996 MK VIII, or does anyone out there have a spare VRCM that would work in a 1996 MK VIII, that they would sell.

Its solid state, cant repair. Junk yards only place to get and 1996 is unique to 96 only.

Its solid state, cant repair. Junk yards only place to get and 1996 is unique to 96 only.

there are company's who fix Solid-state electronics I would suggest going on line and finding one near you and talking to them in person

You can probably repair it, as the fan control system is what usually fails. There are relays inside. The best bet is www.car-parts.com. Thats where I was able to get one. You must search for 96/engine control computer/multifunction. List all by year, because they will list 95 and 94 also. Even tho they are not applicable. You need a VLCM - Variable Load Control Module - F6LF-14B239-BC. No other part number will work.

I've got a buddy that works for a company that repairs ecm's.... I would be willing to bet they could fix a VCRM.

Mk Viii

You can probably repair it, as the fan control system is what usually fails. There are relays inside. The best bet is www.car-parts.com. Thats where I was able to get one. You must search for 96/engine control computer/multifunction. List all by year, because they will list 95 and 94 also. Even tho they are not applicable. You need a VLCM - Variable Load Control Module - F6LF-14B239-BC. No other part number will work.

I have tried to contact car-parts.com and I am having a problem in phoning and even trying to contact them by email, they do not show a part for the MK VIII in there parts and trying to contact there webmaster@carpart.com fails. 582boat

Mk Viii

I have tried to contact car-parts.com and I am having a problem in phoning and even trying to contact them by email, they do not show a part for the MK VIII in there parts and trying to contact there webmaster@carpart.com fails. 582boat

Sir: After contacting car-parts again the lady walked me throughthe process and I think a contact has been made USA for ther part needed, Sorry and Thanks:confused:

I just did a search, and came up with 38 listings for 96 MarkVIII's. The only problem is, as I stated before, you have to email the business that are listed, because they continue to list the F3 and F4 part numbers under 1996 model years.

Mk Viii

I just did a search, and came up with 38 listings for 96 MarkVIII's. The only problem is, as I stated before, you have to email the business that are listed, because they continue to list the F3 and F4 part numbers under 1996 model years.

Sir: What site did you contact for the 38 listings for 96 MK VIII and I will email them for those F3-F4 part numbers for the 1996 model year.

correct it absolutely has to be an F6 Part number.

Car-Parts database doesnt know theres a difference between the 93 and 96 vcrm and lists them as an interchange part.

That is because fords own parts database shows the f4 p/n as being applicable from 94 thru 96. So does the hollander interchange. I had max put a note in his database to reflect this mistake.

I just did a search and I can't find a '96 part. I need one of these VRCM's for my '96 Mark and I am having a hard time finding one. Help!

Members online

No members online now.
Back