Ignition Coils

Dom

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Anyone have this problem or know a solution. I ordered a full set of ignition coils for my '02 LS V8 from Global Automotive on EBAY because they were only $140 and I had one going bad. I figured I'd replace them all since another coil went bad earlier this year and many of you guys on this forum have said you should just replace them all is you can. Well, I got them and had my mechanic install them; actually, try to install them. He tried every coil and said the male end is too large for the female end. He didn't want to force it and even had some of his other guys try it out. Well, no luck. I emailed Global to let them know and after some delay (no one ever answers their phone line and their email responses are very slow), they said those are the right ones and they are the only ones they sell for the car. I don't know what the problem could be? Any one have an answer? I'm not gonna send back the set until I get a response from someone on this forum. Thanx as always.

Dom I just recently bought from them, and long story short I didn't use them and resold them to a member here, who now msg'd me and said the same thing. Globalautomotive is a bunch of no good scammers imo.

I have also bought from Global (twice) no issues.

So Quik, I just don't get it then?! Some of us have had problems, some haven't? I noticed that someone on the forum (think pagluy) took pix of both coils, the new and old, and you can see the difference in size of the male ends. They had the same issue I had. But some of you say they fit so you must have the ones that are smaller sized. You think the year of our cars makes a difference? Global says they only sell one size. Man am I confused.

Dom I just recently bought from them, and long story short I didn't use them and resold them to a member here, who now msg'd me and said the same thing. Globalautomotive is a bunch of no good scammers imo.

Hey is this you pagluy? Found it in search. If you search "Global" and "Coil" you can find this message along with pix of the mismatched male coil ends; of which I don't think I could copy to this message. Why are some of us getting good ones and some are getting bad ones.

This message is from member pelphrey:

Coil Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this topic has been discussed over and over again. Here is my problem haha.

The passenger side coils are exposed and ready to be replaced. I haven't got the last 7mm bolt out of the driver side yet, its a real pain. But thats another story. I bought a set of coils from a member off the forum and the contacts inside the coil he sent me are rounded while the coils in the car are more pointed. The top connector will not allow the plug to go in it due to the odd shape. Has anyone run into this before? And let me be the first to say I am not pointing the finger at the guy I got them from at all, this is of course is not his fault. And although I do have another vehicle to drive my LS is sitting in the garage taken apart so I want to get these in, but I don't want to force the plug on. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The Coil on the left is just like the other 7 I bought, the coil on the right is the one that come out of my car. Notice the contacts are different.

yeah - it sucks - but it sound like hit and miss with these guys.

The price is awesome, and the ones I received where Ford parts in Fords boxes - look exactly like ones I purchased from a Ford parts reseller. Both times I received then within a week.

But then you see these other posts - delays, wrong parts.... yikes.

It's not uncommon (in my experience) that a e-bay seller doesn't communicate well - not sure if that there selling e-mail are simply flooded or what - but it seems the same with all these mega-seller (not an excuse but reality).

the only way to teach them it to make sure to be tough (but fair) on the feedback - if it's there primary business they usually take feedback seriously.

yeah - it sucks - but it sound like hit and miss with these guys.

The price is awesome, and the ones I received where Ford parts in Fords boxes - look exactly like ones I purchased from a Ford parts reseller. Both times I received then within a week.

But then you see these other posts - delays, wrong parts.... yikes.

It's not uncommon (in my experience) that a e-bay seller doesn't communicate well - not sure if that there selling e-mail are simply flooded or what - but it seems the same with all these mega-seller (not an excuse but reality).

the only way to teach them it to make sure to be tough (but fair) on the feedback - if it's there primary business they usually take feedback seriously.

I agree with Quik here. I too ordered my coils from global last year. All 8 arrived quickly, and 3 of them even had the MotorCraft label still on them. All fit fine/worked fine. I seem to recall even then..they had some sort of picture or chart to tell you which of the two different sized coils to order? I guess things have changed...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=48618

Thats the link to the thread I created. My car is all tore apart now and ready for the coils I just need the ones that work. And while I am at it I get to replace both of the side view mirrors on my blazer, I simply bumped into the driver side mirror today and it snapped off. Coils and a broken door handle on the LS and a snapped mirror on my other vehicle. haha. Im going to leave my 4 wheeler alone for a little while.

I just received a set of coils from Global and sure enough, the pins are too large and the coil body is about an 1/8" taller than the originals and interfer with the cover. What's up with these guys. I emailed them this afternoon, but no reply yet. The part number on my original coils is 1W4U-12A366-BA and that number doesn't even come up on Ford's OEM parts search. Not sure what that means!!! Does anyone else have this part number coil on there LS?

Hey NYC LS8, what the name of the store/company on ebay you bought your coils from. The listing has timed out.

NYC LS8,

Did these coils have the thin pins and correct height round coil body?

Thanks, JB

i got mine from global and instead of the coil itselef being too tall or too short, the problem was they didnt snap into place like the OEM's did. that horizontal arm at the top, where the connection is made, was about 1/8" of an inch too short. that's a pretty large margin when it comes to parts like this. they are working fine but if my engine were to be hit pretty hard by something they could pop out. but i'm not too worried about it.

the global-automotive deal is too good to pass up... you could buy three sets for less than the price of one OEM set... that's worth the risk to me imo ;)

Members online

Back