Colin Powell Endorses Obama

Are u serious? I am 25 years old, i have owned a house, sold a house and had a wife and ended up selling her (divorce) it was better to get rid of them because your president (Bush/McCain) who ever the hell u want it to be, keeps send me to foreign lands when our home front does not have it all together, and u were right its latrine. I dont have too many superiors!!!!

Were you drafted? No? Then STFU and quit your whining about being deployed.

i have never met an Iraqi that was happy with us being there.

Frogman, just wondering what your thoughts are about this comment.

I've only spoken to 2 guys that are back from Iraq and I get a completely different version from them. What say you?

I've met both sides there. The ones who were glad the the US terminated Saddam's regime, and of course the ones that were/are slightly pissed about it. In part, it depends to which party you're affiliated.

I've noticed the younger populous (late teens and 20's) by majority don't like the idea of having foreign military forces in their country. In a way I can understand their sentiments. I'd be pissed if some foreign country put forces on the ground in the US.

The older residents who have had to endure Saddam for all those years are more open to foreign forces on the ground. They likely realize that even though foreign forces are in their country, they are there to try and help them. Either that, or they just gave up and said "fvck it". :D
They have running water now, they have electricity (providing their houses are intact), and they do enjoy a lot more freedoms than they did under Saddam.

But, by majority, I'd say over 70% of Iraqis that I've talked to are glad Allied forces are there. If nothing else, to keep the Achmeds (Jeff Dunham reference) at bay.

I've met both sides there. The ones who were glad the the US terminated Saddam's regime, and of course the ones that were/are slightly pissed about it. In part, it depends to which party you're affiliated.

I've noticed the younger populous (late teens and 20's) by majority don't like the idea of having foreign military forces in their country. In a way I can understand their sentiments. I'd be pissed if some foreign country put forces on the ground in the US.

The older residents who have had to endure Saddam for all those years are more open to foreign forces on the ground. They likely realize that even though foreign forces are in their country, they are there to try and help them. Either that, or they just gave up and said "fvck it". :D
They have running water now, they have electricity (providing their houses are intact), and they do enjoy a lot more freedoms than they did under Saddam.

But, by majority, I'd say over 70% of Iraqis that I've talked to are glad Allied forces are there. If nothing else, to keep the Achmeds (Jeff Dunham reference) at bay.

If Iraqis are so happy about us being there, then y dont they run out and warn us of EFP's or roadside bombs. Y dont the yell mister, mister sniper? They sit in their house and wait for the "boom" to be heard then they run out and see what they can steal. You are right, i wasn't drafted, and i am glad to fight for my country (majority of people are to P U S S Y to do) and i dont mind depoying, hell its tax free money. I dont like fighting a war thats headed nowhere.

Did I say ALL Iraqis?

Are you a typical Liberal who only "reads" what he wants to hear in a sentence? hmmm?

And if you don't mind deploying, why are you bitching about it?
your president (Bush/McCain) who ever the hell u want it to be, keeps send me to foreign lands

Sounds like you're bitching about it...

And what's this about
your president (Bush/McCain) who ever the hell u want it to be

He's your President too, you know. Hell, he's you BOSS right now. Or, are you telling us that you're disassociating yourself from your boss?

One more little tidbit... McCain is NOT a president. He's a Senator. Big difference.

I may very well be a "liberal" I have my opinions, you have yours. I gotta go thanks for the entertainment I only get on here because i am on a FOB with about 200 Soldiers, and 1000 Afganistan soldiers, and everybody else like to write letters home, talk to their wife and kids, but me, I'd rather talk to you guys (americans). Talk to you later.

But, by majority, I'd say over 70% of Iraqis that I've talked to are glad Allied forces are there. If nothing else, to keep the Achmeds (Jeff Dunham reference) at bay.[/QUOTE]

Akhmed is the proper spelling, no one will take you serious if u cant spell.

Hummm.

OBAMA MCAIN.jpg

At the age of 49, Powell became Ronald Reagan's National Security Advisor, serving from 1987 to 1989. He retained his Army commission (he was a Lieutenant General at the time of his nomination) while serving as National Security Advisor. After his tenure with the NSC, Powell was promoted to 4-star General under President George H.W. Bush and served as Commander-in-Chief (CINC) of the United States Army's Forces Command (FORSCOM), overseeing all Army, Army Reserve, and National Guard units in the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.

ReaganPowell.jpg

He is sick of his own party.

He sick of hearing the spew like you post everyday Monster.
Thats a fact.

The republican party is self destructing on its own poison.

He is sick of his own party.

Thats a fact.

The republican party is self destructing on its own poison.
Powell pushed hard for the Iraq War, something Obama was totally against and is still against, despite the fact that we're winning. Powell opposes Obama on nearly every policy issue. Yet Powell endorses Obama.

How could it be anything but race?

Thats a fact.

See the other thread where I posted on the rectal sterilizer. I'll save one for you.

Here's another enema for you to take....

Jam Master P: Colin Powell Bigs Up Africa Show

Ex-US Secretary of State Colin Powell has joined a hip-hop band on stage in London to dance and sing in a celebration of African culture. America's former top diplomat took center stage along with Nigerian group Olu Maintain at the Africa Rising Festival in the Royal Albert Hall.

More seriously, he said his own black identity mattered as much as ever. He told the audience that Africa, with hard work and foreign investment, could prosper like Asia and Eastern Europe.

"I stand before you tonight as an African-American," Mr Powell said. "Many people have said to me, you became secretary of state of the USA, is it still necessary to say that you are an African-American or that you are black? And I say, yes, so that we can remind our children. It took a lot of people struggling to bring me to this point in history. I didn't just drop out of the sky, people came from my continent in chains."

A lot of wrongs had been done to Africa by Western powers faced with "an iron curtain and a bamboo curtain," he said in an apparent reference to the USSR and communist China. But these barriers had fallen, Powell argued. (No video has yet surfaced of Powell onstage, but you can see a photo gallery of the former diplomat strutting his stuff here. And for a quick compare-and-contrast, check out these classic videos of Karl Rove and George W. Bush dancing up a storm.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all about RACE!RACE!RACE! and you have just been

Packer ownage.jpg

Why do black people call themselves "African Americans"?

If I, as a white boy, were to have been born in Johannesburg Africa, and then later come to America where I was naturalized as an American citizen, would I be able to call myself "African American"?

Powell pushed hard for the Iraq War, something Obama was totally against and is still against, despite the fact that we're winning. Powell opposes Obama on nearly every policy issue. Yet Powell endorses Obama.

You apparently didn't watch the video. He made it crystal clear why he's endorsing him. You just don't want to acknowledge those reasons.

It absolutely sickens me that people like you would dismiss Powell's thoughtful and concise reasons for supporting Obama, and then simply narrow it down to, "it MUST be because he's black," simply because you refuse to accept the possibility that a universally respected man like Powell could possibly think about what's best for the country without regards to party. So with no way to actually refute what he says, you smear the man himself, as is the standard right-wing response to anyone who challenges your self-claimed monopoly on national security and patriotism. And everything else for that matter.

To even suggest that Powell is endorsing Obama based solely on race is racist itself to the extreme. Reminder for Bryan: the word for today is projection.

Why do black people call themselves "African Americans"?

If I, as a white boy, were to have been born in Johannesburg Africa, and then later come to America where I was naturalized as an American citizen, would I be able to call myself "African American"?
Why the f*ck do you care?

Because I just do. Will I have to submit a 10 page report as to why I care? Will that be good enough to spread the (wealth) information?

You're either African (born in Africa) or you're American. No such crap as "African American" for most black people in this country. Hell, most haven't even BEEN to Africa.

African American is OK, while White European is not, I guess?

And no, I'm not making any sort of racist comment. At least I don't see it as such.

Reminder for Bryan: the word for today is projection.

And your post is yet another great example of the word's meaning. Hey, you can ignore my post where I showed you and every liberal defending Powell his true colors.

I guess the saying is true...Birds of a feather flock together. Or should it be; Birds of a fetha flock togetha?

I had a boss in car sales a few decades back that always used to say: "Trust me when I tell you".

That was code for 'the next words out of my mouth will be lies'.

Same for Powell. If he had to say his endorsement was not about race, that is all one should logically conclude it to be.

Powell explained himself quite well in his Meet the Press interview. He is a well respected man who has never demonstrated anything but honor and patriotism.

I dont see how you could question his motives when he spelled out his reasons eloquently. The man DESERVES the benefit of any doubt.

Watch the video you will have your answer.

See the other thread where I posted on the rectal sterilizer. I'll save one for you.

Here's another enema for you to take....

Jam Master P: Colin Powell Bigs Up Africa Show

Ex-US Secretary of State Colin Powell has joined a hip-hop band on stage in London to dance and sing in a celebration of African culture. America's former top diplomat took center stage along with Nigerian group Olu Maintain at the Africa Rising Festival in the Royal Albert Hall.

More seriously, he said his own black identity mattered as much as ever. He told the audience that Africa, with hard work and foreign investment, could prosper like Asia and Eastern Europe.

"I stand before you tonight as an African-American," Mr Powell said. "Many people have said to me, you became secretary of state of the USA, is it still necessary to say that you are an African-American or that you are black? And I say, yes, so that we can remind our children. It took a lot of people struggling to bring me to this point in history. I didn't just drop out of the sky, people came from my continent in chains."

A lot of wrongs had been done to Africa by Western powers faced with "an iron curtain and a bamboo curtain," he said in an apparent reference to the USSR and communist China. But these barriers had fallen, Powell argued. (No video has yet surfaced of Powell onstage, but you can see a photo gallery of the former diplomat strutting his stuff here. And for a quick compare-and-contrast, check out these classic videos of Karl Rove and George W. Bush dancing up a storm.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's all about RACE!RACE!RACE! and you have just been

:bowrofl: your such a dam screwball.
The thing that scares me is you might even believe the crap you post.

And your post is yet another great example of the word's meaning. Hey, you can ignore my post where I showed you and every liberal defending Powell his true colors.
What, are you talking about this post? I didn't ignore it, but I got a pretty good chuckle out of it though.

Bryan, what are you going to do when Chuck Hagel backs Obama?

Members online

Back