Lawsuit Over Prayer Is Settled

No cult, but I do believe in Jesus. I'll pray for you.
Kbob, he thinks he's being clever by mocking, but your response is correct. That's exactly what he needs - prayer.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18

The Bible lays down many principles and guidelines for government and for those exercising governmental authority. The first and foremost principle is that all power and authority is from God

The men who wrote the Declaration of Independence and U. S. Constitution believe that the people were the source of all legitimate civil authority. They obviously didn't share your view of the Bible.

and is to be used for godly aims

Civil authority extends only to secular matters, dude.

"For he (civil officer) is a minister of God to you for good . . . to execute wrath upon him that does evil" (Rom. 13:4).

If that's true, Jesus was an evil doer.

I read you to say that you can't back up your claim that the Bible teaches trial by jury.
I never made that claim. You did. I read you to say that you never read my articles on Biblical law.

You are sounding more and more like a troll.

The men who wrote the Declaration of Independence and U. S. Constitution believe that the people were the source of all legitimate civil authority. They obviously didn't share your view of the Bible.

How do you know everything they believed? :rolleyes:

Civil authority extends only to secular matters, dude.

So what? That's a non sequitur.

If that's true, Jesus was an evil doer.
Which just demonstrates your abject, pure ignorance of the Bible.

I read your words as an admission that the Bible doesn't teach trial by jury. What about the presumption of innocence, does the Bible teach that?

You shall not bear false witness against another nor raise a false report. Exod. 20:16; Exod. 23:1; Deut 5:20; Luke 3:14; Luke 18:20.
A faithful witness speaks the truth and saves lives, but a false witness speaks lies. Prov. 14:5, 25.
One witness shall not condemn a man for any iniquity or crime he commits. Num. 35:30; Deut. 17:6; Deut. 19:15.
Do not join your hand with a wicked man to be an unrighteous witness. Exod. 23:1.
False witness is an abomination and condemned. Prov. 6:16, 19; Prov. 12:17; Prov. 25:18; Jer. 7:9-10.
Do not be a witness against your neighbor without cause. Prov. 24:28.
A false witness is to be punished. Prov. 19:5, 9; Prov. 21:28; Zech. 5:3-4.
Physical proofs and facts can serve as a witness or evidence in certain cases. Exod. 22:13; Deut. 22:15, 17, 20.
You shall not testify in a dispute for the sake of following the majority and thus pervert justice. Exod. 23:2.
At the testimony of two or three witnesses shall the fact of the matter be established. Deut. 17:6; Deut. 19:15; Matt. 18:16; John 8:17; 2 Cor. 13:1; 1 Tim. 5:19: Heb. 10:28.
We are not to be a witness against another without cause. Prov. 24:28.
If someone gives contrary testimony, then the judges shall make diligent inquisition between both men to see if the witness is a false witness. Deut. 19:16-18.
If a witness is found to be a false witness by testifying falsely against his brother, then he shall receive the punishment that the accused brethren would have received if guilty. Deut. 19:18-19.
When a person who is a witness sins when he has taken an oath, about an event he saw or knew, if he does not tell it, then he will bear his guilt. Lev. 5:1.
A disreputable witness scorns justice. Prov. 19:28.

the bible is also full of incest. this isn't in the ten commandments, yet we find this morally repugnant. why? it's written in the bible.

'Lev 18:6-23 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD. The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness. The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover. The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness. The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman. Thou shalt not uncov'

'Lev 20:10-21 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you. And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast:'

'Deut 22:30 A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt.'

'1 Cor 5:1-2, 5 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.'

'1 Cor 5:9-11 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person.(NKJ)'

'Lev 20:14 - And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you. (KJV)'

'Gen 9:20-27 - And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without. And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.'

'Gen 19:29-38 - And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when he overthrew the cities in the which Lot dwelt. And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters. And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth: Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed o'

'Gen 29:28-32 - And Jacob did so, and fulfilled her week: and he gave him Rachel his daughter to wife also. And Laban gave to Rachel his daughter Bilhah his handmaid to be her maid. And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years. And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren. And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the LORD hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me. (KJV)'

'Lev 20:17 - And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity. (KJV)'

'Lev 20:19-21 - And thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister, nor of thy father's sister: for he uncovereth his near kin: they shall bear their iniquity. And if a man shall lie with his uncle's wife, he hath uncovered his uncle's nakedness: they shall bear their sin; they shall die childless.And if a man shall take his brother's wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brother's nakedness; they shall be childless. (KJV)'

'Deut 22:30 - A man shall not take his father's wife, nor discover his father's skirt. (KJV)'

'2 Sam 13:1-17 - And it came to pass after this, that Absalom the son of David had a fair sister, whose name was Tamar; and Amnon the son of David loved her. And Amnon was so vexed, that he fell sick for his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin; and Amnon thought it hard for him to do any thing to her. But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David's brother: and Jonadab was a very subtil man. And he said unto him, Why art thou, being the king's son, lean from day to day? wilt thou not tell me? And Amnon said unto him, I love Tamar, my brother Absalom's sister. And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand. So Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king, I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of c'

'Mark 6:17-18 - For Herod himself had sent forth and laid hold upon John, and bound him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife: for he had married her. For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife. (KJV)'

'1 Cor 5:1-2 - It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. (KJV)'

'Lev 18:6-23 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD. The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness. The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover. The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness. The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
*owned*

"Incorrect as usual. The law as written in the Bible was dictated by God, and the Bible itself clearly states this. You cannot make a claim that the Bible was not written by God and still claim to believe any of it."

to prove this statement, you would have to prove god, which you can't. so the laws were written by man.

"Human legal systems come and go and are continually in the process of reform and change, but the eternal principles of justice, truth and righteousness established by God for man are unchanged."

once again, prove god and i'll believe your claim.

"The Ten Commandments clearly condemns and prohibits incest"

"You shall have no other Gods but me.
You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
Respect your father and mother.
You must not kill.
You must not commit adultery.
You must not steal.
You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour."

nothing in there about incest. sorry. there is condemning scripture about it, yet it is written about in the bible. the story of adam and eve also sets you up for an incestuos relationship to populate the earth. cain has a wife from nowhere? must be his sister. either that, or adam and eve weren't the only nor the first people on earth. then would be the question of noah's family and re-population. etc.

"Incorrect as usual. The law as written in the Bible was dictated by God, and the Bible itself clearly states this. You cannot make a claim that the Bible was not written by God and still claim to believe any of it."

to prove this statement, you would have to prove god, which you can't. so the laws were written by man.

"Human legal systems come and go and are continually in the process of reform and change, but the eternal principles of justice, truth and righteousness established by God for man are unchanged."

once again, prove god and i'll believe your claim.

"The Ten Commandments clearly condemns and prohibits incest"

"You shall have no other Gods but me.
You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
Respect your father and mother.
You must not kill.
You must not commit adultery.
You must not steal.
You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour."

nothing in there about incest. sorry. there is condemning scripture about it, yet it is written about in the bible. the story of adam and eve also sets you up for an incestuos relationship to populate the earth. cain has a wife from nowhere? must be his sister. either that, or adam and eve weren't the only nor the first people on earth. then would be the question of noah's family and re-population. etc.

Dictionary: adultery (ə-dŭl'tə-rē, -trē)

n., pl. -ies.
Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.

Your reading comprehension and/or understanding of certain words is lacking.

Though the book of Genesis condemns sexual relations between children and their parents, it nowhere prohibits a man from marrying his sister or niece. Abraham, for example, married his half-sister without compunction. Not until the time of Moses were laws established forbidding a man from marrying a sister or niece. The timing of this command makes perfect sense biologically, for genetic defects as a result of intra-family marriage would not begin to crop up until after the first few dozen generations.

As far as Adam's children populating the earth, I don't expect you to understand everything about the Bible, but you certainly don't hesitate to mock what you don't understand. If you really do want to learn something, and aren't just being contentious, then I recommend this article and this article. Otherwise, I'm done talking to you here, as I've offered plenty of evidence for you to consider, and you are being completely closed-minded.

As far as proving God to you, I don't have to do that and I'm not interested in arguing whether or not He exists; He does, and you will meet him one day. And you'll give an account of your life to Him. And if you haven't repented of your sins by then, you'll be under His eternal judgment. That's your problem, not mine.

Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Luke 20:18

Members online

Back