Broken drivers door inside door handle

01ROSALESLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone tell me how easy a fix this is? Can I do it myself or does it need some special attn?
Anyway, i've been hangimg around for about 5 months now and had nothing to post about, so i've been pretty quiet. I have a 01 black LS sport. I really love this car. I enjoy driving this car everyday.
If anyone can give me some advice, thanks in advance. I really don't want to take it to a dealer.
Joe

your gonna need a new handle and you drill out the rivets put the new one in and get a rivet from home depot and put it in. Dealer charges 90 or so to do it.

Is the metal handle itself broken or is it still intact but just flops around when you pull it? A more commone problem is that the steel cable attached to the handle is broken and does not actuate the looks etc. If this is the case, you will need to replace the cable. Not sure if it is part of the assembly or what, but there are several write ups on this website.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

Actually the most common problem is the silver plastic handle breaking where the post from the top handle goes through the locking button.

This requires that you just replace the handle.

inside handle

Here is the pic of the door parts. The inside handle is a p/n YW4Z-5421819-AA and list is 51.80 and lvc cost is 37.30.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. Well, the handle pulls like it wants to grab, but doesn't. When I look down onto it from above I can see that it has a crack in it and the crack opens when I pull on the handle. It doesnt flop around or anything, it just doesn't opent he door.
Joe

Thanks for all the replies. Well, the handle pulls like it wants to grab, but doesn't. When I look down onto it from above I can see that it has a crack in it and the crack opens when I pull on the handle. It doesnt flop around or anything, it just doesn't opent he door.
Joe

I have this exact same problem. The handle is cracked and it still pulls open but it doesn't have enough torque to pull the metal cord back to open the door. I need to replace the handle.

I looked for the p/n listed above on google and got next to no hits other than this website. Does anybody know where I can get this part quickly? I live in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. I'm going out of town on monday and I'd like to have this fixed for my wife so she doesn't have to deal with it for the next 2 weeks.

I hope I can figure out how to drill out and install the new rivets. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

i believe decibles member had this problem, maybe you might want to pm him. is it the front or back door? i believe he had problems with his rear door

Several of us have had this issue. Drill out the old rivets. I did not own a large enough rivet gun and home depot did not have one to 'loan' out - so I used screws and lock washers to reinstall the new handle.

Here is the pic of the door parts. The inside handle is a p/n YW4Z-5421819-AA and list is 51.80 and lvc cost is 37.30.

how would i go about ordering these parts for these costs??

i talked to my local dealer and the said it would be 125

and i just talked with five star ford - and they said it would be 103 - so shipping and the wait would make them about even.

any help is appreciated.

how would i go about ordering these parts for these costs??

i talked to my local dealer and the said it would be 125

and i just talked with five star ford - and they said it would be 103 - so shipping and the wait would make them about even.

any help is appreciated.

Send him a PM, or call him. The number's listed to the right in the banners. Five Star Ford is where he works.

to the people that have had this problem, did the door open w/ the outside door handle? mine wont open inside and doesnt grab anything. to top it off its raining now and i go to work in a bit

right - the actual inside pull cracks so it will not grab. the outside handle works fine.

Members online

Back