Lincoln LS Supercharger

I have a gen 2. It’s a o6
E889B777-A32B-42C6-A606-03431CE6763E.jpeg

buy gen 1 car

buy gen 2 heads

buy str blower manifold and timing cover

play lego

Can the Gen1 motor handle more boost with a higher compression than the gen 2? Would you need the the Jaguar PCM, maf and injectors also?

Can the Gen1 motor handle more boost with a higher compression than the gen 2? Would you need the the Jaguar PCM, maf and injectors also?
no they’re basically the same. gen 1 heads don’t line up with the 4.2 manifold but gen 2 does.

swap the blower intercooler fuel rail and injector set the associated thermostat housing, the crank pulley maybe the timing cover and then find somebody to tune for it.

gen2 is technically easier to relocate the ETC throttle to the back since don’t need to worry about cable linkage.

no they’re basically the same. gen 1 heads don’t line up with the 4.2 manifold but gen 2 does.

swap the blower intercooler fuel rail and injector set the associated thermostat housing, the crank pulley maybe the timing cover and then find somebody to tune for it.

gen2 is technically easier to relocate the ETC throttle to the back since don’t need to worry about cable linkage.
Interesting to see what I can find on Carparts or flebay...or just get the entire motor...can you just swap the motor and trans in it?

Interesting to see what I can find on Carparts or flebay...or just get the entire motor...can you just swap the motor and trans in it?
sure, if you’re the ford motor company.

the jaguar 4.2 runs on toyota hardware the lincoln uses the visteon pcm150.

the 4.2 will bolt right onto the 5R55S almost all the sensors will transfer over between the american and english built engines.

the main exception is the ford uses a cylinder head temp sensor for failsafe cooling mode and the hole doesn’t exist on the jag. the jag also uses a different pickup on the back of the cam for the position sensor you have to knock that out and transfer.

21F5C3DC-B6AA-40B0-9733-C63F283CCE84.jpeg

the 4.2 will bolt right onto the 5R55S almost all the sensors will transfer over between the american and english built engines.

the main exception is the ford uses a cylinder head temp sensor for failsafe cooling mode and the hole doesn’t exist on the jag. the jag also uses a different pickup on the back of the cam for the position sensor you have to knock that out and transfer.
The car uses a MAF sensor, in theory you shouldn't need any specific tune up tp 30kpa. Can you share a bit more about the pickup sensor . The 5R55S especially on gen1 seems to have very aggressive solenoids or maybe the PCM is to blame :) should be capable to handle the supercharged engine without problems. The NA variant of 4.2 is around 300HP , so 400 should be a matter of 30-40KPA . The stock ecu of the LS should be able to handle that.

The car uses a MAF sensor, in theory you shouldn't need any specific tune up tp 30kpa. Can you share a bit more about the pickup sensor . The 5R55S especially on gen1 seems to have very aggressive solenoids or maybe the PCM is to blame :) should be capable to handle the supercharged engine without problems. The NA variant of 4.2 is around 300HP , so 400 should be a matter of 30-40KPA . The stock ecu of the LS should be able to handle that.
on the back of the cams there’s a little pressed on ring that the VRS sensor picks up. it’s different between aj33 (denso) and 28/30/35 (pcm150) but you can swap them.

i forgot if the ls has one or two sensors

on the back of the cams there’s a little pressed on ring that the VRS sensor picks up. it’s different between aj33 (denso) and 28/30/35 (pcm150) but you can swap them.

i forgot if the ls has one or two sensors
I had the opportunity to drive a 4.2 XJ supercharged several weeks ago. I am located in Europe, so these are available. This car was completely different, its ultra fast, but its too sporty the suspension is too stiff .Its the same engine 0.3 bigger , but the supercharger............it was a night and day difference. Its a totally different car. Its so fast .......this in the LS....... Well i want one of these, but with the LS stock suspension. I do have fast cars that drive like shit... i want a boat with 400HP and not just 400hp , but 400hp and torque from 2000rpm :) So you mentioned the rings can be swapped this sounds rather easy , if this is the only difference it sounds like a pretty easy engine swap.

View attachment 828577441
what if you pull a landrover 4.2 . short block .
Transfer sensors from the 3.9
swap 3.9 gen 2 heads on the 4.2 for the temp sensor and cam position?
mine is a gen2
does the SC mount to the block or the heads?

I have an opportunity to purchase a complete 4.2 supercharger setup.

Need to swap over all cooling from 4.2, belts and setup, timing cover, fuel pump and injectors. get the PCM reflashed ......

Thoughts....

what if you pull a landrover 4.2 . short block .
Transfer sensors from the 3.9
swap 3.9 gen 2 heads on the 4.2 for the temp sensor and cam position?
mine is a gen2
does the SC mount to the block or the heads?

I have an opportunity to purchase a complete 4.2 supercharger setup.

Need to swap over all cooling from 4.2, belts and setup, timing cover, fuel pump and injectors. get the PCM reflashed ......

Thoughts....
sc mounts to block and the holes are there, intercoolers will bolt onto a gen 2 but you need to figure out how to adapt the 3.9 throttle body, maybe tp1/tp2 voltage curve is the same on the jaguar tb.

heads are not interchangeable between lima and bridgeend build. water jackets are different

you can probably run the cht in the ect hole

Last edited:
Hi guys. I've since replaced my Gen 2 short block with a refreshed 2005 XJR short block running my Gen2 3.9 heads with no issues. I did all the work myself, so I have given some pointers on gaskets and parts. The waterports on the block are different, but the heads completely cover the water jackets, and it works great. Also, the Supercharged heads have bigger dividers in the intake ports and they have smaller lift exhaust cams. So, I suggest running the UK SC short block with the Lincoln LS Heads.

Mine runs like a scalded dog, and I've driven it on long road trips, enjoying the heck out of it the entire time!

Finally, I have a completed manual swap and supercharged setup with factory PCM. Everything works, and you would think it came like that from the factory. ...All with SCT tune. I can't account for GEN2 drive by wire, but everything else. So, ping me if you need tuning tips.

Dennis

sc mounts to block and the holes are there, intercoolers will bolt onto a gen 2 but you need to figure out how to adapt the 3.9 throttle body, maybe tp1/tp2 voltage curve is the same on the jaguar tb.

heads are not interchangeable between lima and bridgeend build. water jackets are different

you can probably run the cht in the ect hole
With all due respect, this is wrong.. even though the water jackets are different, the heads are interchangeable. You will have to run the Jag/LR head gaskets.

Members online

Back