I Hate Raccoons !!!

04_Sport_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Nasty vicious vermen not worth anything but target practice.

Hit a 30 pounder last week on my way to work. The vermen went kamikaze on me... and ran out into the road. Literally the size of a (smallish) medium sized dog.

Not too much damage to the bumper cover... but the plastic under belly cover is trash.

The worst of it though is that the bottom third of the A/C condenser and radiator is bowed and rolled back in the center.

Not too concered about the condenser since I dont use my A/C much... but the radiator probably just became a ticking time bomb

Of course... Ford/Motorcraft radiators are now obsolete. I have my local dealer looking for one... but the chances are slim.

Jag lists one... but the price is astronomical compared to Ford... especially for a vehicle that has 260k on it... and needs other work.

Nasty vicious vermen not worth anything but target practice.

Hit a 30 pounder last week on my way to work. The vermen went kamikaze on me... and ran out into the road. Literally the size of a (smallish) medium sized dog.

Not too much damage to the bumper cover... but the plastic under belly cover is trash.

The worst of it though is that the bottom third of the A/C condenser and radiator is bowed and rolled back in the center.

Not too concered about the condenser since I dont use my A/C much... but the radiator probably just became a ticking time bomb

Of course... Ford/Motorcraft radiators are now obsolete. I have my local dealer looking for one... but the chances are slim.

Jag lists one... but the price is astronomical compared to Ford... especially for a vehicle that has 260k on it... and needs other work.
just run the whitebox there is no need to worry

Aftermarket radiators worked just fine on both of my LSes, shocking I know.
1660503511322.png

That makes me feel better. Won't be able to do anything til next weekend, since the LS is my dd. Hopefully it holds up for 4 more days. Thank God for a 4-10's work schedule.

brehh same shit happened to me a week ago wtf fucked my A/C
radiator or whatever and busted my transmission cooler the fucker was huge and round pissed me offf and the under shield was dragging and busted my fog light out but yeah wtf ahaha this is weird man lol

freaking matrix idk lol but this tells me everything that ever happened to us probably happened somewhere else literally , im high and also looking for a good a c and trans cooler

but it didnt touch my radiator but incase u need source i been running FVP for a year and a half now no issure no leak has good sturdy constuction just the pipe outlets are like 1/8 of a inch smaller but thicker clampeed the reg hose tight and did fine
second one on rockauto 92+ tax n shipping decent price I paid 180 for mine on parstavatar
FVP- RAD2256

2 part numbers seem valid.
XR847964 and C2C36506.

Is there a difference.

As you well know... I'm not big on aftermarket parts.
Yes they are the same. Genuine Radiator And Mountings-petrol-from (v)m45255 (petrol) ((v)from M45255) For Jaguar S-type 1999 - 2008 Classic | Jaguar Land Rover Classic Parts

You really should go for an aftermarket one. From what i've seen URO parts is a good brand for jaguar aftermarket. You can also trust Nissens, i may think that they are OEM supplier for some brand.

New DCCV ordered. Been 10 years.

Aux coolant flow pump obsolete through Ford(go figure).

I think Nissen's is OEM for BMW or Mercedes. Behr may be OEM for Mercedes.

Ron Davis Racing Radiators can build you an aluminum rwo core. And no need to send an example, mine sent is in his stock.

No...URO is not. Go to RockAuto & pick your poison

I did get a repacement from Rockauto but, the cooling sys plastic had left me on the side of the road way too many times. The oem rad did last 310k till the bottom plastic tank split. One after another, it seemed i just could not get away repairing/replacing once to twice a year. So when i could, all the plastic piping except the thermostat & DCCV would be converted to aluminum. The cost of doing so is a drop in the bucket to getting a vehicle replacement. I now know mostly the car and the techs that work on it know the rest. I just dont see getting a replacement.

New DCCV ordered. Been 10 years.

Aux coolant flow pump obsolete through Ford(go figure).

I think Nissen's is OEM for BMW or Mercedes. Behr may be OEM for Mercedes.
I went with Gates brand frAux coolant pump ...great working part so far

Members online

Back