2002 LS 5 spd Manual, Hard to Start without mashing clutch into the carpet

Steve Kramer

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently got this car. It is very clean, runs great, just seems to crank too long unless the clutch pedal is mashed into the floor. I have replaced the clutch safety switch, which seemed to help at first, but now its tough again. I had the computer re flashed last dealer as per mechanic recommended. Seems more noticeable when cold.

THanks

Your switch is probably out of adjustment... or you have a problem with the clutch pedal and/or mounting bracket. Something may be worn or bent.

Your switch is probably out of adjustment... or you have a problem with the clutch pedal and/or mounting bracket. Something may be worn or bent.
ok thanks--I will check that out--I was thinking since mostly notice it when its cold, maybe a fuel pump or fuel injection issue?

If the engine is spinning then the clutch safety switch is not involved. You may want to check everything else. In order to fix it, it must be determined what is missing. Air, fuel, ignition? Have the plugs been changed? Clean the MAF sensor. Change your air filter if is has not been changed.

Members online

Back