Only 1500 LSE Editions were produced!

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well slap me silly and call me Charlie....I was messing around today and looked up production stats for the LSE ...only 1500 were produced ...I have a pretty rare car! :D

can you link me to the production stats that you found? are they broken down by year? thanks
" From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Lincoln LS
280px-00-02_Lincoln_LS_2.jpg

2000-2002 Lincoln LS
Overview
Manufacturer
The Lincoln Motor Company (Ford Motor Company)
Production 1999–2006
Model years 2000–2006
Assembly Wixom, Michigan, U.S.
Designer Helmuth Schrader (1995)
Body and chassis
Class
Mid-size Luxury car
Body style 4-door sedan
Layout FR layout
Platform Ford DEW98 platform
Related Ford Thunderbird
Jaguar S-Type
Jaguar XF
Powertrain
Engine
3.0 L Jaguar AJ / (Ford Duratec)V6 (gasoline)
3.9 L Jaguar AJ V8 (gasoline)
Transmission 2000–2002 Getrag 221 5-speedmanual
2000–2002 Ford 5R55N 5-speedautomatic
2003–2006 Ford 5R55S 5-speedautomatic w/ SelectShift
Dimensions
Wheelbase
114.5 in (2908 mm)
Length 2000–2005: 193.9 in (4,925 mm)
2006: 194.3 in (4,935 mm)
Width 73.2 in (1,859 mm)
Height 2000–2002: 57.2 in (1,453 mm)
2003–2006: 56.1 in (1,425 mm)
Curb weight 3692 lb (1675 kg)
Chronology
Successor
Lincoln Zephyr
The Lincoln LS is a four-door, five-passenger luxury sedan that was manufactured by the Lincoln division of Ford Motor Company. The LS was introduced in June 1999 as a 2000 model-year vehicle with either a V6 engine (which was offered with a manual transmission) or a V8 engine, both featuring rear-wheel drive and near 50/50 weight distribution.[1]

The LS shared the Ford DEW98 platform, along with the Jaguar S-Type and the Ford Thunderbird. The Lincoln LS was originally to be marketed in two versions: the LS6 and the LS8 (the names had reflected the vehicle's engine sizes), however, Toyota's Lexus division became concerned about the potential name confusion with its Lexus LSand Lincoln ended up using only the name "LS".[2]

Trim levels ranged from the base V6 model to the Special Edition V8 LSE trims in 2004, which featured revised front and rear fascia, taillights and foglights, and front grille.

LS models were manufactured at Ford's Wixom Assembly Plant until production ended on April 3, 2006 and the plant was idled as part of Ford's The Way Forward. Approximately 262,900 LS models were manufactured, including 2,331 manual transmission V6 models, and 1,500 LSE editions.[3] "

I find it interesting that I've been looking high and Low for a black on Black 2002 LSE 3.9 for so long and after 5 years of searching I stumbled on one in the strangest way...with that being said this I still think this will be a sought after and rare car...I plan a full restoration of this beauty

Thanks for that info. I really would like to know how many were made in each year of 2002-2006.

Anybody?

It is said (here and by various other sources) that the Wixom plant only ever made 63 stick LSEs. I wish mine weren't such a rustbucket, but even so it's a blast to drive.
IMG_20190831_190414(1).jpg
IMG_20190831_190438(1).jpg

im surprised to see prices for 100k+ ls's going for $3500-4k.
are these overpriced, or are these cars really holding a bit a value?

Its a 20-15 year old car ...with that being said the Lincoln LS is a pioneer for a lot of features that Ford has placed in the cars today...look... you have to have a special taste for the LS...Rear wheel Drive...3.9 V8 engine ...handles like a BMW with the comfort of a cadillac when the suspension is maintained...it's like having a taste for a good Scotch...not many have it but if you do you know what I'm talking about...I see quite a few listed on Marketplace and Craigslist for $3500-$5000 ...FWIW...if the Engine/Transmission is Solid and not much rust with the miles in the 100k range I feel it's a great buy as long as you are an enthusiast ...

Yes I DEFFINIETLY have a taste for it I'm a 17 almost 18 year old boy who bought a 2005 ls v8 from his dad black on tan the SWEET LOOKING 17" aluminium chrome rims rear heated seats heated cooled seats in the front 123'000 IMACULATE MILES its got everything you can get besides the nav. I have such a passion for this car.

Yes I DEFFINIETLY have a taste for it I'm a 17 almost 18 year old boy who bought a 2005 ls v8 from his dad black on tan the SWEET LOOKING 17" aluminium chrome rims rear heated seats heated cooled seats in the front 123'000 IMACULATE MILES its got everything you can get besides the nav. I have such a passion for this car.

Good for you. Its really good to see someone who is young that is interested in cars. Especially a nice luxury car, in which you can see the passion for.

Good for you. Its really good to see someone who is young that is interested in cars. Especially a nice luxury car, in which you can see the passion for.

It's not just a luxury car it's a LUXURY SPORTS CAR lol yes I absolutley LOVE cars (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury) but LINCOLNS are my FAVORITE any year any model I don't care if people say that Lincoln's are cheap looking or crappy cause i know that they most DEFFINIETLY aren't they're the greatest cars ever. (Especially the LS all time greatest Lincoln.)

It's not just a luxury car it's a LUXURY SPORTS CAR lol yes I absolutley LOVE cars (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury) but LINCOLNS are my FAVORITE any year any model I don't care if people say that Lincoln's are cheap looking or crappy cause i know that they most DEFFINIETLY aren't they're the greatest cars ever. (Especially the LS all time greatest Lincoln.)

Very true, Amen to that! I like all Lincoln models too. Glad they are finally getting a lot of attention and respect they deserve.

How do I post pictures

You need to have a photo hosting site like Postimage to load your photos from your device to save on your computer, then upload to hosting site. I use PostImage because its free and unlimited gigs and such.

We need to start a new thread on other lincolns not just ls and mark 8 as in mkt mkc mkx mkz mks any lincoln

I honestly wouldn't pay more than $2K for any LS out there today. The only exception would be a 2006 that has been sitting in a garage with under 30K miles or something (doesn't exist).

There are many critical parts for the LS that are not longer made (OEM or aftermarket). The car is quickly becoming a junkyard-only option for many parts.

I honestly wouldn't pay more than $2K for any LS out there today. The only exception would be a 2006 that has been sitting in a garage with under 30K miles or something (doesn't exist).

There are many critical parts for the LS that are not longer made (OEM or aftermarket). The car is quickly becoming a junkyard-only option for many parts.
I agree that many parts are discontinued ... it's a 20-15 year old car but in my opinion a 20-15 year Cadillac, Buick and Impala will never match up to the LS...it's still by far way easier on the wallet than a Cadillac, BMW or Lexus

I agree that many parts are discontinued ...but being that it's a 20-15 year old car but unlike other 20-15 year old cars such as Cadillacs, Buicks and Impalas they have nothing on the LS...it's still by far a way easier on the wallet than a BMW or Lexus
I'll agree it's way better than other 15-20 year old cars and I'll agree it's easier on the wallet than a BMW but I won't agree with the lexus cause lexus is a very reliable luxury brand and really the only other luxury car I would buy.

I'll agree it's way better than other 15-20 year old cars and I'll agree it's easier on the wallet than a BMW but I won't agree with the lexus cause lexus is a very reliable luxury brand and really the only other luxury car I would buy.
okay let's slow down Lincoln05' ...I never said the Lexus didn't match up with the LS...I said the LS is cheaper to maintain than a Lexus...Have you priced parts for a Lexus ...I was chasing a Lexus once and after researching how much some of the parts and Labor would be for certain things...I had to humbly step away lol

okay let's slow down Lincoln05' ...I never said the Lexus didn't match up with the LS...I said the LS is cheaper to maintain than a Lexus...Have you priced parts for a Lexus ...I was chasing a Lexus once and after researching how much some of the parts and Labor would be for certain things...I had to humbly step away lol
No dont worry I'm not mad and there isn't any 15 20 year old lexus I think is better than the ls and yes the parts and labor are probably expensive but hopefully you won't half to buy parts cause I'm pretty sure they are pretty reliable. And I do agree that Cadillac is crap and hard on the wallet cause GM product ya know.

that comment went under the radar... I had to decide if I should spend $800 on some rear suspension control arms. Went ahead and assume I'll be doing the cooling components next, probably another grand. That's it. Hope it runs for another 60k miles. At 53k now.

... Hope it runs for another 60k miles. At 53k now.
I'm at about 206K miles on my 06, and 240+K miles on my 04. The 04 still has the original shocks, control arms, transmission, ... (That said, I feel that both are getting close to retirement.)

Members online

Back