3.9 Coolant Bleeder Hose

Carl Smith

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a source for a new coolant air bleed hose ? I've looked and can't seem to find it anywhere. Gen 1

That's the heater air (manual) bleed hose. Is that the one you need, or are you looking for the engine air bleed hose?

Engine air bleed hose? Never found one on a Gen 1 V8. You talking about the plastic cap on the thermostat housing?

I know a V6 has one, I was assuming he had a V8, since the OP did not specify.

Engine air bleed hose? Never found one on a Gen 1 V8. You talking about the plastic cap on the thermostat housing?

I know a V6 has one, I was assuming he had a V8, since the OP did not specify.

The 1st and 2nd gen LSes V8 and V6 all have an engine air bleed hose. It runs from the front of the engine to the top of the degas bottle. It is not a manual bleed. It works automatically.
It is #4 below.

s6x~us~en~file=a0060108.gif~gen~ref.gif

I thought Ford called that an "engine vent hose"?
Like most things, they call it by different names depending on where you look in the manual and in their parts catalogs. I have seen it called "engine air bleed hose." I have also seen "engine air vent hose," and of course just "hose."

Like most things, they call it by different names depending on where you look in the manual and in their parts catalogs. I have seen it called "engine air bleed hose." I have also seen "engine air vent hose," and of course just "hose."

Figures, I really hate when they do crap like that, makes in really hard to find part numbers when a hose can have three different names, and you are trying to explain to a guy over the phone what coolant hose you need and he then starts ratting off several different part numbers.

I think that hose is part number
XW4Z-8276-CA
XW4Z-8276-CA - Ford Parts Giant

I need #5 with the plastic screw you lossen to bleed the system

Members online

No members online now.
Back