Just totaled my Mark VIII

I just made contact with you. Billboats
Today iI averaged over, took the 3 medium priced higher marks and 3 low priced marks for a average cash value of 4000.00. Tell you I could have used the 7000 and 8000 but thoose are so much better condition, they would skeew the average and the insurance is low balling. by not using nada price book.If I was there I could tell. I

Using 2 sets of averages, the actual cash value id between 3200.00 and 4000 thousand Plus tax at 6.75%= 216.00 and 270.00 respectively with all other tax in between . In ohio we pay the tax on the settlement price. If you injured turn this over to a lawyer God knows there is 1000's of em

Using 2 sets of averages, the actual cash value id between 3200.00 and 4000 thousand Plus tax at 6.75%= 216.00 and 270.00 respectively with all other tax in between . In ohio we pay the tax on the settlement price. If you injured turn this over to a lawyer God knows there is 1000's of em
I am going off line , reply back when you hear something. Billboats, I have a 96 mark 8 , 132,000 mi , 3 rd owner for 7 years. I paid 2800.00 back in 2011, and have had to buy the orginal mark spoke wheels for 350 extra. Sell stripped them off and lied

I am going off line , reply back when you hear something. Billboats, I have a 96 mark 8 , 132,000 mi , 3 rd owner for 7 years. I paid 2800.00 back in 2011, and have had to buy the orginal mark spoke wheels for 350 extra. Sell stripped them off and lied

Yeah I was sure I could make the argument about the value of the car. Yes you “can” find one of these for $800-$1,000 but in this condition it will be absolutely impossible.

I’m glad I have ammo now and I’m going to try to track down the exact cars you’ve found too and print this all out. Luckily I even have examples locally.

Once we determine fault (I and the witness) then I’ll feel a lot better about this whole thing. Right now I’m mostly hung up on the fact that I put one of the last finishing touches on the interior before going out and wrecking it, and that they may determine “mutual” fault or some other BS. Right now I sure wish I had an injury. Come to think of it my butt kinda does itch.

UP TO 10 PERCENT IS WHAT i GUESS THEY WOULD SELL THE CAR BACK and the you get 2880, in ohio we had to pay the sales tax back to the settlement. Tex might do that too making you 160 more at 5% on 3200 before they buy car back. The tax is on the cash value , not the settlement[/ 3200 with you holding the car. 3200+car.Srat
Not even a year in and some **** runs a red light and now we're going to have to dispute this crap because he's claiming I ran it.

Man I feel so screwed. I put the finishing touch on the interior less than an hour before. I really could cry right now but I'd rather punch the kid in his smug texting-and-driving face.

What would be the problems I'd face if I try to repair this? I'm almost certain that insurance will total it out considering the ACV might be around $2,200. So my options are? I'm in it for over $4,000 at the moment.

Anybody have experience within the past year or two with the ACV of their Mark VIII? How do they take into consideration cost for headlights etc?

Is it even worth repairing? It swiped my fascia off and bent the bumper sub-frames. The doors open and close completely normally, the wheels track straight and steering isn't effected. He just clipped fenders, bumper, fascia, grilled etc off. What sort of problems should I look out for? I didn't lose any of my cooling stack or fluids, it's 100% driveable.

TL;DR
What would you do?
What was your experience?
Billboats back .If theres tapes the issue of liability can be decided. Lot of leg work, if i could coach ya , I can say at this point call me

Yeah I was sure I could make the argument about the value of the car. Yes you “can” find one of these for $800-$1,000 but in this condition it will be absolutely impossible.

I’m glad I have ammo now and I’m going to try to track down the exact cars you’ve found too and print this all out. Luckily I even have examples locally.

Once we determine fault (I and the witness) then I’ll feel a lot better about this whole thing. Right now I’m mostly hung up on the fact that I put one of the last finishing touches on the interior before going out and wrecking it, and that they may determine “mutual” fault or some other BS. Right now I sure wish I had an injury. Come to think of it my butt kinda does itch.
Yes liability hinges on negligence, who went thru the light is the key here.Tell me if you are the claimant ,you the guy against his Ins?. What did they offer you? Starting offer. Bill boats

Once we determine fault (I and the witness) then I’ll feel a lot better about this whole thing. Right now I’m mostly hung up on the fact that I put one of the last finishing touches on the interior before going out and wrecking it, and that they may determine “mutual” fault or some other BS. Right now I sure wish I had an injury. Come to think of it my butt kinda does itch.[/QThrow in your car 's value in cash was 4000. That will blow her mind and she won't agree but start high Like our Presidend Trump said he does. Then you can stay high and sell it impossible to buy one like your at 2200 let along 1000. The name of the game changes as the players feel each other out.

Not even a year in and some **** runs a red light and now we're going to have to dispute this crap because he's claiming I ran it.

Man I feel so screwed. I put the finishing touch on the interior less than an hour before. I really could cry right now but I'd rather punch the kid in his smug texting-and-driving face.

What would be the problems I'd face if I try to repair this? I'm almost certain that insurance will total it out considering the ACV might be around $2,200. So my options are? I'm in it for over $4,000 at the moment.

Anybody have experience within the past year or two with the ACV of their Mark VIII? How do they take into consideration cost for headlights etc?

Is it even worth repairing? It swiped my fascia off and bent the bumper sub-frames. The doors open and close completely normally, the wheels track straight and steering isn't effected. He just clipped fenders, bumper, fascia, grilled etc off. What sort of problems should I look out for? I didn't lose any of my cooling stack or fluids, it's 100% driveable.

TL;DR
What would you do?
What was your experience?
Black book I came across today shows value of 1996 lincoln(I can do any lincoln and yours if I know millage and year) 1th 146,000 mi to be 3625 dollar and if in rough condition its cash value is 2240.00. We want to defeat that woman's position the car is worth 1000 to 1500. Black book's price is what a 1996 mark can be sold for cash. Its overvalued which works in your favor. Go ahead , look up Black book.com , see what an average 94 would be selling at today for cash . or it actual cash value. in average condition. Black book is laid out in a very professional business manner and is impressive. You could copy you valuations for talking points with the adjustor. The red light problem is Key here. Write me back. I am checking e mail at 12.30 est for yours. Billboats

I cannot tell when you last e mail was. I feel like a dropped call . Write back with a time sent this next one you do Billboats have a happy new year . Get that Mark 8 settled at your price for a Happy New Year

Bill I’m confused. I sent an email on Sunday and have nothing in my inbox, spam or junk folder.

But I will be calling the number you provided today since I’m off work.

Since I haven’t heard a thing from the insurance companies I’m getting real anxious that they may claim mutual responsibility or believe the other guy. If they don’t give me something I am screwed entirely.

I’ll be calling a bit later in the afternoon.

AD8E6379-2151-4092-9984-37907925FE3A.jpeg

I found corroborating data via Black book regarding the value of my car. $4,035.

But I’m getting ahead of myself.

My company did call back and said that with my statement, the witness statement, and the other driver’s Statement, they’ve assigned fault to the other driver.

As I have no collision coverage on my own car, I now have to pound the other guys.

The other company has claimed that they can’t get a hold of their insured and that without a statement they can make no determination. Shocking.

Without an injury I’d never afford a lawyer. And in small claims wouldn’t their company protect them if I have no counsel? I’m broke, I have nothing to put up, and some ***** ***** **** who texts and drives did what I always said some moron texting and driving would do.

I found corroborating data via Black book regarding the value of my car. $4,035.

But I’m getting ahead of myself.

My company did call back and said that with my statement, the witness statement, and the other driver’s Statement, they’ve assigned fault to the other driver.

As I have no collision coverage on my own car, I now have to pound the other guys.

The other company has claimed that they can’t get a hold of their insured and that without a statement they can make no determination. Shocking.

Without an injury I’d never afford a lawyer. And in small claims wouldn’t their company protect them if I have no counsel? I’m broke, I have nothing to put up, and some ***** ***** **** who texts and drives did what I always said some moron texting and driving would do.
Look like the facts are in your favor. Keep after the claimants insurance for a decision. You have the facts in your favor. Billboats

The third-party called today and said they’re accepting 100% liability

That means that dumb a ***e is stuck paying thousands in repairing his own car that isn’t even paid off because he was texting and driving or whatever those kids are doing with their unquantifiable attention spans.

I’ve averaged out cars of the same year, options, color, and mileage and come out to about $6,300. That’s on dealer lots. I’m hoping to get enough out of this (plus TTL) to buy a similar car and feel like I’m starting where I left off.

Bill boats here, I was interested to know if the adverse party had finished taking smts, pictures, and decided liability? Reply soon. Bill boats

I posted above they accept 100% liability. Which means they will pay 100% of damages owed.

I have scheduled to have an adjuster out on Monday. Unless I get the number I have in mind, I’m not taking an offer at that time. I’ll see if I can maybe get them to fix the car and I’ll be on my way. But my estimates are about $10,000 for repair so...

Bill boats here, I was interested to know if the adverse party had finished taking smts, pictures, and decided liability? Reply soon. Bill boats
I posted above they accept 100% liability. Which means they will pay 100% of damages owed.

I have scheduled to have an adjuster out on Monday. Unless I get the number I have in mind, I’m not taking an offer at that time. I’ll see if I can maybe get them to fix the car and I’ll be on my way. But my estimates are about $10,000 for repair so...
The cost of repair exceed the used car prices. Its a total loss.

/////////////6/*****************************\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\kl ceed the used car prices. Its a total loss.[/QUOTE]
,.lllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,98666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666/
The cost of repair exceed the used car prices. Its a total loss.

The third-party called today and said they’re accepting 100% liability

That means that dumb a ***e is stuck paying thousands in repairing his own car that isn’t even paid off because he was texting and driving or whatever those kids are doing with their unquantifiable attention spans.

I’ve averaged out cars of the same year, options, color, and mileage and come out to about $6,300. That’s on dealer lots. I’m hoping to get enough out of this (plus TTL) to buy a similar car and feel like I’m starting w .
Email is sent. Well I hope I can find somebody as good at paint, I can’t imagine the cost of matching a multi-coat that’s 20-years old
In dallas Tex are listed 2 public adjuster companies. They take a claim like yours and bargain with progressive. Being you don't have an injury, a lawyer is not possible but a public adjuster may be able to get you more money$ than what progressive's offer may be provided its too low and the adjuster won't budge. Assurance claims service , 469- 323- 5365- Assurance Claims Service, Small Claims Assistance. Opens 8am. There are many oters you caould try too. They are in google, "Public Adjusters" . Please do not take some low offer just to "get it over with" You have the Public Adjusters to try if all else fails. Have a good day. Bill Boats

So they did hit me with an offer. It's about $1,000 from where I need to be to get a comparable vehicle, considering the work that I had done to it.

I mentioned that I had replaced a lot of items that I would need to replace again no matter which car I find and their excuse is that it's "regular maintenance" and so it's just part of owning any vehicle. That's BS because if I spend money to replace a door lock actuator and IAC on my car, why am I now spending that money again just because somebody wrecked it?

For $1,000 difference what good could a public adjuster do me? I'd basically split that in half if not more!

OK I got basically what I wanted out of the settlement. Now the even harder ordeal is FINDING a good Mark 8 2nd gen!

Members online

No members online now.
Back