URO Parts C2C34318 Expansion Tank, 1 Pack or OEM Part Number XW4Z-8A080-AA
Motorcraft RS-527 Radiator Pressure Cap
Motorcraft KM4566 Water Outlet Housing
Coolant Recovery/Engine Coolant Recovery Tank Hose XW4Z-8C289-FA
Auxiliary Coolant Pump 1W4Z-18D473-AA
MOTORCRAFT PW448 Water Pump
MOTORCRAFT RAD31 Radiator
DCCV (Heater Valve) MOTORCRAFT YG355 or Bosch W0133-1799792
Exhaust Manifold Gaskets XW4Z-9448-AC you will need two they are sold individually
If your 2002 Model has an stock electric fan use Motorcraft VC-7-B Antifreeze
Otherwise if you have the hydraulic fan in your car use
MOTORCRAFT VC5 Premium Concentrated Antifreeze / Coolant - Gallon or
MOTORCRAFT VC5DIL Premium Diluted Antifreeze / Coolant - Gallon
If you want to use aftermarket coolant use
Zerex G-05 AntiFreeze (if your car has the hydraulic engine fan)

If using The concentrated Antifreeze be sure to use Distilled Water!

Be sure to bleed the system properly see this thread for the proper way How to Drain the Lincoln LS Cooling System

If I missed anything let me know and I will edit and add it into this list. I did not see a complete list of parts for the GEN 1 if I am wrong just delete this thread.

Last edited:
@DaleGrib, for the Gen1, do you need the Exhaust Manifold Gasket OR the Intake Manifold Gasket OR both? For the Gen2 it's the intake one. In your list, you only have the exhaust one. Not sure if this is a mistake or that's how it actually is.

@DaleGrib, for the Gen1, do you need the Exhaust Manifold Gasket OR the Intake Manifold Gasket OR both? For the Gen2 it's the intake one. In your list, you only have the exhaust one. Not sure if this is a mistake or that's how it actually is.
Might have been a mistake that I only what I had listed! That is all I did as of now everything else was looking good the mechanic said. The only other things I have to do to the motor now I think is Upper timing Tensioners and Valve covers. But Finding someone in my town that will do it is gonna be a fun thing to find.

LoL not sure where the top part came from I will edit sorry about that.

Motorcraft KM4402 Upper Radiator Hose
Motorcraft KM4565 Lower Radiator Hose
Coolant Outlet Pipe (crossover tube) XW4Z-8A520-AF
Fel-Pro ES 72738 Water Crossover Mount Gasket Set
URO Parts NCE2247ADKIT-PRM Upgraded Aluminum T-Stat Housing Kit or
OEM Plastic Part Numbers XW4Z-8592-BD & XW4Z-8592-AA
MOTORCRAFT Thermostat RT1154
Thermostat Housing Gasket XW4Z-8590-BA
URO Parts C2C34318 Expansion Tank, 1 Pack or OEM Part Number XW4Z-8A080-AA
Motorcraft RS-527 Radiator Pressure Cap
Motorcraft KM4566 Water Outlet Housing
Coolant Recovery/Engine Coolant Recovery Tank Hose XW4Z-8C289-FA
Auxiliary Coolant Pump 1W4Z-18D473-AA
MOTORCRAFT PW448 Water Pump
MOTORCRAFT RAD31 Radiator
DCCV (Heater Valve) MOTORCRAFT YG355 or Bosch W0133-1799792
Exhaust Manifold Gaskets XW4Z-9448-AC you will need two they are sold individually
Otherwise if you have the hydraulic fan in your car use
MOTORCRAFT VC5 Premium Concentrated Antifreeze / Coolant - Gallon or
MOTORCRAFT VC5DIL Premium Diluted Antifreeze / Coolant - Gallon
If you want to use aftermarket coolant use
Zerex G-05 AntiFreeze (if your car has the hydraulic engine fan)

If using The concentrated Antifreeze be sure to use Distilled Water!

Be sure to bleed the system properly see this thread for the proper way How to Drain the Lincoln LS Cooling System

If I missed anything let me know and I will edit and add it into this list. I did not see a complete list of parts for the GEN 1 if I am wrong just delete this thread.

Question...Why does the coolant need to be Zerex with the '01 hydraulic cooling fan ? I also have a question regarding to coolant (degas) recovery tank. I'm finding Doorman has them but without the "low level sensor". My question is, are there two part numbers for the bottles, with or without the level sensor or, would the existing sensor simply transfer over to the new bottle? Thank you.

Question...Why does the coolant need to be Zerex with the '01 hydraulic cooling fan ? I also have a question regarding to coolant (degas) recovery tank. I'm finding Doorman has them but without the "low level sensor". My question is, are there two part numbers for the bottles, with or without the level sensor or, would the existing sensor simply transfer over to the new bottle? Thank you.
The coolant fan does not take the Zerex if that is what you are thinking it takes Mercon V. I was suggesting a brand of coolant that is appropriate for the LS. Also I would not go with Dorman they are complete junk! If you read the many posts here on the site you will see what I am talking about. Don't skimp out on the coolant system parts you will regret it later. I would go with the URO Degas Bottle and I am not sure about any sensor as I did not mess with that on my car. Also what year LS are you working on and which motor?

The LS (both gens, both engines) never had the coolant level sensor.

The coolant fan does not take the Zerex if that is what you are thinking it takes Mercon V. I was suggesting a brand of coolant that is appropriate for the LS. Also I would not go with Dorman they are complete junk! If you read the many posts here on the site you will see what I am talking about. Don't skimp out on the coolant system parts you will regret it later. I would go with the URO Degas Bottle and I am not sure about any sensor as I did not mess with that on my car. Also what year LS are you working on and which motor?

2001 LS Sport V8. It's got 71,000 total miles on it. Thanks for the tip on the Doorman tank. I have all 4 of Doorman window regulators and they are doing great. Still have the original degas bottle but I believe its on it's way out. Those Ford plastic bottles are quite pricey $200 or so. This car has a windshield washer fluid level sensor as well as a low coolant sensor as I have seen it display on the dash one time years back. Maybe it's not in the degas bottle but there is one. When the thermostat stuck closed I pulled over turned off engine and waited about 10 minutes when I heard a rush of coolant gush. At the time, I didn't know if it was or not but that thermostat had opened apparently as I started the engine and the temps were down to normal in just a few seconds. Cooling fan pump does take Mercon V yes, I was referring to the need for THAT coolant. Plans to replace the cooling systems and heater hoses this year. They are all original and the thermostat housing I will replace with the aluminum type. Thanks for the part numbers on those coolant hoses...likely I'll be using all Gates if they make them all. Thank you.

There is a warning message for failsafe cooling, not for low coolant. Yes, they all have low washer fluid sensors.

There is a warning message for failsafe cooling, not for low coolant. Yes, they all have low washer fluid sensors.

Yes, that would be what I saw as the car was in limp mode as soon as that warning illuminated. Good thing it happened when I was just putting through a gated community at 10 MPH. Thank you.

Where are these 02s with electric fans? My May/02 2002 V8 (with factory-updated metal secondary chain tensioners) is hydraulic.

Where are these 02s with electric fans? My May/02 2002 V8 (with factory-updated metal secondary chain tensioners) is hydraulic.
At the time I had posted that I thought there was some late 2002 models that had electric fans, apparently I was not correct in that thought. Joe had pointed that out to me I think in another thread. But I couldn't go back and edit it after I figured it out as the time had expired to allow the edit.

This thread just saved me a night of research and x ref. Just had the tstat cap blow on my 00 V8...all original...so now we shop

Members online

No members online now.
Back