LED Headlights?

LS-jsf

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here has switched their headlights from OEM to LED. Reading on the website (link below) they seem to imply you can just take out the old ones and plug in the new LED's and you're good to go. I'm assuming the light would be much better. I have a 2003 LS Sport. Thanks.

2003 Lincoln LS Replacement Headlight Bulbs - CARiD.com

Screenshot_20180712-141923_Samsung Internet.jpg
I bought these on Ebay about 2 months ago. They actually turned out to be exactly as advertised. They are satisfyingly bright. They are plug and play just like they claim. Only thing you need to know is I didn't notice the email they sent me until I went searching for my purchase to share on here that would have been very helpful to know prior to installing. As it turns out the headlights are exactly the same. 9005 and 9006 fit on either light socket. It's the headlights housing that makes them different. ( the lowbeam 9005s go into a socket that has a cover to reflect and spread the light as the 9006 high beams are just that, a beam) In the email they told me about two extra o rings that were in the package that were supposed to go on the 9005s so they lock In place correctly. I didn't know about these and I didnt know it at the time but that's the reason I stripped out both of the 9005 sockets while trying to lock them in place, but that wasnt a big problem. As it was fixed with a little epoxy. That's it as far as standard installation. I actually did a little bit of modification on my gen 1 using a couple diodes I wired the headlights together so that they are both on with highbeams and 9005s alone with lowbeams. I still dont know what the problem is but when I have brights on there's no highbeam indication on the dash, and when I have lowbeams on the highbeam light is indicated. I tried switched the bulbs in their sockets, somehow ended with same results. All in all great installation and worth the 28 dollars shipped. They were also delivered in under a week. The only problem is remembering not to blind people.

Do be aware that the gen II headlights are a little different. They have covers on the back that seem very unlikely to fit on with those LED heatsinks sticking out. Without the covers on the gen II, dirt and moisture will get in the headlight reflectors.

So there really isn't a way without modification or have the back left open to just 'plug n play' LED's into a Gen 2 then?

Do be aware that the gen II headlights are a little different. They have covers on the back that seem very unlikely to fit on with those LED heatsinks sticking out. Without the covers on the gen II, dirt and moisture will get in the headlight reflectors.

Just an FYI. 9006 are low beam bulbs and 9005 are high beam bulbs. I sold auto parts for 10 years, I only remember one exception to that rule and it wasn’t a Lincoln.
Often times, people would ask for the low beam, I’d sell the correct 9006 bulb, and then they’d come back upset because i sold them “the wrong bulb”. No. They pulled out the wrong bulb. They look almost identical, but the plug is different. One has single slots and the other has dual.

You might be right. I might have them backwards. Also another difference on the sylvania ultrastar at least, the lowbeams have the top painted.

Just curious if anyone here has switched their headlights from OEM to LED. Reading on the website (link below) they seem to imply you can just take out the old ones and plug in the new LED's and you're good to go. I'm assuming the light would be much better. I have a 2003 LS Sport. Thanks.

2003 Lincoln LS Replacement Headlight Bulbs - CARiD.com
I use LED Headlights & Foglights on my LS, the Mustangs, and the Mercedes.
I get high quality from vendors like:
VLEDS.com
ijdmtoy.com

Have you installed LED's from vleds.com on your LS and they didn't require any modifications, etc, just plug n play? Thanks.

I use LED Headlights & Foglights on my LS, the Mustangs, and the Mercedes.
I get high quality from vendors like:
VLEDS.com
ijdmtoy.com

Have you installed LED's from vleds.com on your LS and they didn't require any modifications, etc, just plug n play? Thanks.
They are 100% plug n play. CANBUS is built in.
LED Fog Lamps. Halogen Headlights

16E1782B-3E5C-4F6D-8E4D-CDE1F82ABA55.jpeg

0FDAB83E-24FA-4E33-895C-DAA868FF1B3F.jpeg

Item Sku Qty Merchandise
MICRO LED HEADLIGHT FOG LIGHT 5K / 6K 9005 H10 9145
9005_MICRO 1 $150.00
Color Temp
2 x 9005 MICRO 5K 25W 3000LM LED BULB $150.00 9005_MICRO_5K

Thank you. I guess I wasn't clear though, I was wondering about LED headlights, but I guess you used halogen for those vs LED's. As far as the fog lights, using the LED's do you have any issues with them on a highway as being too bright at all for oncoming traffic?

Item Sku Qty Merchandise
MICRO LED HEADLIGHT FOG LIGHT 5K / 6K 9005 H10 9145
9005_MICRO 1 $150.00
Color Temp
2 x 9005 MICRO 5K 25W 3000LM LED BULB $150.00 9005_MICRO_5K

Thank you. I guess I wasn't clear though, I was wondering about LED headlights, but I guess you used halogen for those vs LED's. As far as the fog lights, using the LED's do you have any issues with them on a highway as being too bright at all for oncoming traffic?

No, no problem at all. LED headlight lamps are nothing like HID bulbs that scatter light and blind oncoming traffic.
Research VLEDS.COM and thier lamps.
I only use 4300K, Pure White lamps.

Posted about this awhile ago. Consensus is that they are blinding since the LS housing is not built to properly reflect any LED bulb like a new vehicle is. That being said factory HID is best performance wise since the light is being reflected propery.

The same goes for AF HID's in a halogen housing wher the light is all over the place and poor visibility wise.. if you've ever seen led/af HID in the wrong housings coming at you you'll see.

That being said for $95 I just picked up LED fog lights for my LSE bumper in proper housings. Have not seen a headlight housing and doubt you ever will..

Last edited:
Are you saying you had to get a different housing for your LSE fog lights, or do the OEM ones work correctly? If OEM do they have to be LSE (round) ones to work correctly? Do you have a link to the $95 fog lights you purchased? Thanks.

Posted about this awhile ago. Consensus is that they are blinding since the LS housing is not built to properly reflect any LED bulb like a new vehicle is. That being said factory HID is best performance wise since the light is being reflected propery.

The same goes for AF HID's in a halogen housing wher the light is all over the place and poor visibility wise.. if you've ever seen led/af HID in the wrong housings coming at you you'll see.

That being said for $95 I just picked up LED fog lights for my LSE bumper in proper housings. Have not seen a headlight housing and doubt you ever will..

He'll have to answer, but I'm pretty sure that he's talking about the whole fog light assembly. You can get non-Ford LSE (round) fog lights because that same assembly fits some Hondas/Acuras.

You can search ebay for lincoln LS honda led fog lights and get a bunch of hits.

Ok thanks Joe.

He'll have to answer, but I'm pretty sure that he's talking about the whole fog light assembly. You can get non-Ford LSE (round) fog lights because that same assembly fits some Hondas/Acuras.

You can search ebay for lincoln LS honda led fog lights and get a bunch of hits.

The entire assembly, they make the square ones as well just google it. Found them even less $75 plus shipping after I ordered. Unfortunately i cant find the brackets....

The LED spec’ed bulbs from VLEDS are perfect for the stock OEM headlight and fog light fixtures.

I feel like you haven't looked at gen II headlight assemblies...
I have looked at the Gen1 headlights. All thats needed for JDM or any hig rep LED headlight bulb company.
The new HID/HALO are nive.

I have looked at the Gen1 headlights. All thats needed for JDM or any hig rep LED headlight bulb company.
The new HID/HALO are nive.

You miss my point. You are saying something will work for the gen II headlights because it worked for the gen I. I am saying that they are different enough to make that unlikely. Just about as unlikely as a manual transmission with a filter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back