Sport and non-Sport?

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This subject has been covered a ton on the forum but I'm still confused...I have the leather shift nob and no-plastic chrome on bumper but I'm almost positive when looking up my cars VIN # on Etis ( When you could without making a profile and adding email) my car was listed as the base and not the sport....am I not reading the Etis report correctly are all Lincolns on Etis called the base?...I'm always looking at Lincoln LS's for sale and notice that many Lincoln LS's have this wood grain shift nob and chrome bumper ...so again my question is ...How do I truly identify if I have a sport or non-sport? Thanks

It's sport or premium sport, if it says "special" under suspension.

It's sport or premium sport if you have select shift.

It's sport of premium sport if you have an oil-to-water cooler.

It's not premium if you don't have wood grain inside.

What year is your car?

And the Trans shift gate is a key also.

I just purchased a Premium Sport, it has the leather shifter, struts, select shift, 17” wheels, 3 cooling coils if i saw correctly, and a bunch of buttons i still have not figured out.
Sound Correct For Premium Sport?
Thanks

I just purchased a Premium Sport, it has the leather shifter, struts, select shift, 17” wheels, 3 cooling coils if i saw correctly, and a bunch of buttons i still have not figured out.
Sound Correct For Premium Sport?
Thanks
Do you have wood grain on the dash?

Probably so then.
Are you talking about the message center buttons (fuel, setup, status, reset)? That's on all V8s and no V6s.

What do you mean by "3 cooling coils?"

I had go remove the plastic cover under engine, while peering up i saw more than two coils. One of which was greasy and dirty. I had to clean all the coils.
Reason for looking was because i pushed a button and display went Red and started a diagnostic test. I had to verify power to altinator ...
Need an owners manual.
Yes, it is the 3.9L

There is the AC condenser, then the combination cooler (transmission and power steering) and then the radiator. This is all the same for base, sport, premium, and premium sport.

What display went red? The message center can be green only.

What year?
Owner's manuals are here: Lincoln LS Owner's Manuals
2001 is close enough to 2000, 2004 is close enough for 2005 and 2006.

There is the AC condenser, then the combination cooler (transmission and power steering) and then the radiator. This is all the same for base, sport, premium, and premium sport.

What display went red? The message center can be green only.

What year?
Owner's manuals are here: Lincoln LS Owner's Manuals
2001 is close enough to 2000, 2004 is close enough for 2005 and 2006.
Thank you for clearing that up.
I have had the car for 2 weeks. Display behind wheel to right i believe. But i am 100% sure it was red and it was firing off messages regarding current mechanical conditions. It paused on “Low Battery Voltage”, and i had zero volts to alternator for about ten minutes, battery had 11 volts. By the time i put the undercarraige cover back on, the battery was up to 13 volts again.
Thanks

How about a picture of that, because that would be non stock.

How about a picture of that, because that would be non stock.
I hope to never see or have it happen again but will definitely take a picture if it does.
FYI: It was displaying very detailed diagnostics on oil condition, oil filter, battery volts, every single light bulb, i pulled over, so i was mostly concerned with it stopping on “Low Battery”

The message center goes though a list of things if you press "status", however this list does not include "battery volts", "oil filter", and so on. It does have a percentage of oil life left (estimated) and a percentage of AC filter life left (not oil filter), and it does cover several bulbs, but not nearly all of them. And it is a single color (green) vacuum fluorescent display that can not change color. I forget which status it ends on. The multi-status display with oil life and such does not start on its own, the status button has to be pressed. A single status message indicating a problem can appear on its own with no buttons pressed.
Example: You could get a message saying "change oil soon" and later a message saying "change oil now", but you have to press the button to get a message saying oil life 1%.

I hope to never see or have it happen again but will definitely take a picture if it does.
FYI: It was displaying very detailed diagnostics on oil condition, oil filter, battery volts, every single light bulb, i pulled over, so i was mostly concerned with it stopping on “Low Battery”
Yeah I agree, it would be nice to see your LS post a pic and let's see the interior it sounds very strange to say the least that your message center is "red" it has always showed green in my first Gen 2001....this would be very interesting if your lighting is different than green and if all those component checks are showing up "red"

this would be very interesting if your lighting is different than green and if all those component checks are showing up "red"

Maybe I've been to gentle on this. I call BS. There's no way its a factory two (or more) color display. It is possible to change the color of the whole display, all the time, by changing the filter, but going from the native blue-green color to red would leave it very dark.
Also, he is calling out messages that do not exist.

The message center goes though a list of things if you press "status", however this list does not include "battery volts", "oil filter", and so on. It does have a percentage of oil life left (estimated) and a percentage of AC filter life left (not oil filter), and it does cover several bulbs, but not nearly all of them. And it is a single color (green) vacuum fluorescent display that can not change color. I forget which status it ends on. The multi-status display with oil life and such does not start on its own, the status button has to be pressed. A single status message indicating a problem can appear on its own with no buttons pressed.
Example: You could get a message saying "change oil soon" and later a message saying "change oil now", but you have to press the button to get a message saying oil life 1%.
Yes, Thank You.
I scrolled through the status display today.
I appreciate the explaination.
Yes all displays are green.
I very well could be mistaken on the message “Low Battery Voltage” being green and not red.
Thanks again for all the info!
Much love my LS brothers!!

Do you have wood grain on the dash?

All Gen 1s had the same wood trim line across the doors, headlight switch, ignition, and over the glovebox

Yeah, Sport is 17" wheels and struts

Sports had stiffer shocks (and sway bars). The springs didn't change with trim. Still no struts to be found on any LS

Premium Sports also put the chrome back on the bumpers IIRC

Premium Sports also put the chrome back on the bumpers IIRC

Not on Gen II. Premium sport has color matched bumpers. The grille and license plate surround are chrome...unless it is an LSE or 06.

Members online

No members online now.
Back