O2 sensors???

Benjaminws

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so my gf started the LS yesterday and it rev'd up to 4000-5000 rpms, came down, and the engine started shaking, code pulled was for O2 sensors, would bad sensors make these things happen?? Thank you are the help!!

So, there actually is no code that says point blank that an O2 sensor is bad. Why don't you post the actual code(s) that you got?
O2 sensor failures do happen, but most of the time they are falsely blamed for reporting a problem somewhere else. Don't shoot the messenger...

Also, need to know if this is a 1st or 2nd gen, V6 or V8.

So, there actually is no code that says point blank that an O2 sensor is bad. Why don't you post the actual code(s) that you got?
O2 sensor failures do happen, but most of the time they are falsely blamed for reporting a problem somewhere else. Don't shoot the messenger...

Also, need to know if this is a 1st or 2nd gen, V6 or V8.
V8
P0420
C1998

Neither of those suggest O2 sensors or monitors.

C1998 is a calibration issue with AdvanceTrac.

P0420 suggests that the passenger side catalytic converter is bad. Usually, they fail due to letting bad coils go for too long. There's a less than 1% chance that it's the O2 sensor and/or O2 monitor on that side.

And how do you recalibrate Adv trac

You need a scan tool that can initiate the procedure (I think that Forscan can), and then follow the steps.

How expensive is it to replace cat

Very. Factory cats are expensive (if still available), but work well. They are sold as a set for about $1700.
Most have reported problems with most aftermarket cats.

Do I need the whole set or can I just get the right side?

The left side may not be doing much better than the right. Aftermarket, you can buy one side at a time, I believe. OEM (factory) is only sold as a set, so in that case you must replace both at once.

Members online

No members online now.
Back