My 2001 LS light restoration

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, haven't posted anything about my LS in a while.

Back in Aug 2017, my wife was driving home from work in the LS and fell asleep and drove the right front wheel into a curb a mile away from our house. Thank god she was fine and she didnt hit anyone or any other car. The Vulcan wheel broke off, fender got damaged, brake line got loose and sway bar link broke. I was able to jack it up and put a spare on and drive it home safely.

The LS did sit till February this year until I started working on it, I did gather most needed parts by then. My paint was needing attention in several areas so I decided to have my friend paint it for me at his shop.

The car is pretty much all ready now, but I did take photos as it got updated.

I will update this page more in detail soon, but here are some pictures.

2001 Aqua Blue Sport V6 auto 287000 miles.

IMG_4421.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

IMG_3154.JPG

IMG_3161.JPG

IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3375.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3563.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

IMG_4252.JPG

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_3772.jpeg

Wow, that fresh paint really pops. Glad to hear she's ok and as you said, didn't cause any fatal damage elsewhere. Bit of a scare I'm sure. Those long days at the office and then the dreaded drive home ... Easy to Daze, Doze, Dead for sure. Catches up with us when we over extend ourselves while bowing down to the man, bringing home the bacon, making ends meet.

Looking forward to more progress pics,
Best wishes all around.

Wow, that fresh paint really pops. Glad to hear she's ok and as you said, didn't cause any fatal damage elsewhere. Bit of a scare I'm sure. Those long days at the office and then the dreaded drive home ... Easy to Daze, Doze, Dead for sure. Catches up with us when we over extend ourselves while bowing down to the man, bringing home the bacon, making ends meet.

Looking forward to more progress pics,
Best wishes all around.

Thank you.

All the pieces painted and ready to go on the car. Brought everything home so I can put it toghether.

This time I went with Zeus wheels since I couldnt find a replacement Vulcan. Love the look with both wheels.

IMG_3822.jpeg

IMG_3824.jpeg

IMG_4575.JPG

Got the folding mirrors from 03-06. New spay nozzles. New windshield. Cleaned the engine up.

IMG_4650.JPG

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4700.JPG

IMG_4710.JPG

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4714.JPG

IMG_4715.JPG

Bumper assembled and put on along with the grill (headlights still need work at this point).

Wipers and cowel cover on.

Some of the window trim placed on.

Mirrors on.

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4726.PNG

IMG_4732.JPG

IMG_4734.JPG

IMG_4746.JPG

IMG_4786.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

IMG_4828.JPG

IMG_4829.JPG

Dumped all the hid lights and put new LED bulbs.

Wheels are on with front 20mm spacers.

New Sony Xav 200 radio on along with 2 new Infiniti speakers for the rear doors to go along with the front components, 2 amps and a 12" sub.

IMG_4801.JPG

IMG_4951.JPG

IMG_4953.JPG

IMG_5043.JPG

IMG_5051.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG

What did you manage to fit for LED bulbs ?

De-badge rear tails ???

License plate surround, plate, new emblem are on.

Everything is almost ready. Just need to do slightly more polishing and few cleaning touches. I am driving the car already daily and it feels fantastic.

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

IMG_5303.JPG

Great color, paint looks mint for sure, well done!

What did you manage to fit for LED bulbs ?

De-badge rear tails ???

Badges are all on. Leds are from ebay, about 30$ for a pair or so. They work great. Not sure which ones they are exactly. I can look it up.

License plate surround, plate, new emblem are on.

Everything is almost ready. Just need to do slightly more polishing and few cleaning touches. I am driving the car already daily and it feels fantastic.

View attachment 828569236

View attachment 828569237

View attachment 828569238

View attachment 828569239

View attachment 828569240

View attachment 828569241

View attachment 828569242

View attachment 828569243

View attachment 828569244

View attachment 828569245

View attachment 828569246
What size are your tires and wheels? Looking clean for sure!

What size are your tires and wheels? Looking clean for sure!

Thanks. The wheels are 18x8 and 18x9.5, tires are 255/40/18 and 285/35/18. 20mm hib centric spacer up front. Had this set up for last 10-11 years. Looks perfect imo. No rubbing.

Did you replace the windshield yourself or have it done? My 01 needs a windshield and I found a perfect one with the rain sensor but a little nervous about installing it myself. Did all the glass in the 55 Crown in my aviator but that has gaskets. Great paint job, by the way.

Did you replace the windshield yourself or have it done? My 01 needs a windshield and I found a perfect one with the rain sensor but a little nervous about installing it myself. Did all the glass in the 55 Crown in my aviator but that has gaskets. Great paint job, by the way.

Thanks, had it done. Too much work imo to even try messing with it. Paid $180 mobile service.

My windshield was fine, but the top rubber trim wasn't good anymore and this was the only way to put a new one in.

Thankfully nothing happened more then that!!

She looks fabulous! Paint looks amazing along with everything else!

Sorry to hear about your wife having an accident. She is OK which is great. You have done a beautiful job restoring your LS. Love the paint work, amazing work for sure.

Car looks good. Stance is nice and wheels are perfect. I just got my hands on the same mirrors for my 04' but I need them painted. Is your friend willing to paint them for a price?? I also replaced my rear deck speakers with Infinity Kappa and they hit nice with the stock amp.

Car looks good. Stance is nice and wheels are perfect. I just got my hands on the same mirrors for my 04' but I need them painted. Is your friend willing to paint them for a price?? I also replaced my rear deck speakers with Infinity Kappa and they hit nice with the stock amp.

Thanks. These mirrors look way better I think. I am sure he will, he in a shop in LBC. If you can take em apart, take em to him, he can paint em and you can pick em up. Not sure about the price. I can give you his # if you are interested.

30$ for 4 fronts.

Right on, so it seems it was a fit with these LED behind the lamp assembly.

That wattage and lumens listed in that ad are seriously overrated. even at times four in the combo. Max those are 36-50W range like all the other rebranded LED's on the E-market. I mentioned in another thread they are mostly Private Labeling rebrands out of China. Like all of them so it's the norm really.

I have a set similar in design. They work good.
Have some other sets I really should be trying on the LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back