Calling all Modded Mark 8s

97M832V

LVC Member
Reaction score
Wanted to make a thread and see some of your guys combos. I’m already familiar with Kstrombergs and (somewhat) familiar with Right on the marks setups. Post your combo, and if you have it, a pic of Time slips too.

Mostly looking for members that have ran a 13.99 or better N/A, but all times are welcome, please write what was done to your car, miles, Gearing, Tires, D/A, etc.

Lets get a lot of replies here and use this as a reference for Mark VIII 1/4 mile times. Thanks

A little impatient ?? Here is a link on my supercharged 93 that's in my signature. 1993 Supercharged Mark VIII 64k

Don I’m familiar with your set up already too. Do you have any ets for when it was still a N/A car? If so what was it running? And if you don’t mind me asking, what is your cars weight with the back seat and passenger seat removed and no spare tire? I did all that with mine, And I scraped all the rubber off of my floors with a heat gun, and removed the A/C compressor, condenser, evaporator and all a/c lines

Mine's to slow for your list
And not much done under hood
Also I'd recomend looking up dlf's build
From when he was with us.

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve seen DLFs build too. Mine should be almost identical when finished other than my weight reduction. I was a member on this forum with my old account when he passed away. I think his gen 2 toreador red was running around 13.20s or slightly better.

What is done to your car slowmkviii? E/T?

Don I’m familiar with your set up already too. Do you have any ets for when it was still a N/A car? If so what was it running? And if you don’t mind me asking, what is your cars weight with the back seat and passenger seat removed and no spare tire? I did all that with mine, And I scraped all the rubber off of my floors with a heat gun, and removed the A/C compressor, condenser, evaporator and all a/c lines
Unfortunately Everything AC is removed from mine also. It weighs about 3800 lbs so 4000 lbs with me in it. My Black stock 97 mark VIII LSC has ran a best of 14.5 bone stock.

Unfortunately Everything AC is removed from mine also. It weighs about 3800 lbs so 4000 lbs with me in it. My Black stock 97 mark VIII LSC has ran a best of 14.5 bone stock.
Don - Thanks for the reply. I thought a stock Gen 2 had a curb weight of around 3750 without any weight reduction. You had yours on the scale after the weight was removed and it was 3800? 14.5 is a fantastic time for a stock Gen 2. Congrats. I haven’t had mine to the track yet. Waiting for my new engine to finish getting built

Current trim I ran a 14.847
I have 3.55s, opened up stock stall converter, Tune, becontrols shift kit.
And to make it slower
2012 18" mustang wheels, cobra brakes,
Subframe connectors, rear tower brace, subframe braces.
In waiting cobra intake and kooks

My 93 and my 95 where like 4000 race weight stock with me in it and me in full clothes and boots 200. So 3800 lbs

Ran a 14.2 in my 95.

Just headers/exhaust, built up transmission and some bigger gears out back. The car doesn't get driven anymore though.

Members online

Back