Coolant tube mods

Kevin O'Connell

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
years ago I posted asking if anyone had done away with the crossover tube and used AN firings and hose to get rid of the crossover. I'm looking for the info in that thread to do that mod and add one of the clear thermostat housings. Any help? Thanks Kevin

3D4E0ECC-EA01-40DC-8601-DD75B0863C50.jpeg
D6B00B4B-31FD-48D9-A573-27964645A4CC.jpeg
I have done it as well as the head cooling mod. I used the ON3 performance kit. To do it again...
Go to eBay and search 4.6 HCM or crossover delete and you should get the fittings that go in the heads for $30 a piece or so. Not when you get your AN fittings to get one that can accommodate your coolant temp sensor/switches to screw in the side.
From there get the inline stat of your choice. I used ON3. It has a port on the side for the head cooling mod.
The HCM you can use the same
Fitting as you got for the front.
Also note the fittings will be 3/8” pipe I believe. Will need to get the proper sized AN fitting adapters and hose. Mine were -10.
After I did this it ran cool as a fool. Later I changed some stuff and thought I had air trapped so I added a T fitting on top to bleed the air out. Didn’t change anything.
Also note my radiator is different so you will have to interpret that a little differently as well.

Find me on FB and you will have over 100 pictures of this mod and other stuff in my album. Gears, Blower, Stall converter. it is open to the public..
DuWayne Jennings

View attachment 828568725 View attachment 828568726 I have done it as well as the head cooling mod. I used the ON3 performance kit. To do it again...
Go to eBay and search 4.6 HCM or crossover delete and you should get the fittings that go in the heads for $30 a piece or so. Not when you get your AN fittings to get one that can accommodate your coolant temp sensor/switches to screw in the side.
From there get the inline stat of your choice. I used ON3. It has a port on the side for the head cooling mod.
The HCM you can use the same
Fitting as you got for the front.
Also note the fittings will be 3/8” pipe I believe. Will need to get the proper sized AN fitting adapters and hose. Mine were -10.
After I did this it ran cool as a fool. Later I changed some stuff and thought I had air trapped so I added a T fitting on top to bleed the air out. Didn’t change anything.
Also note my radiator is different so you will have to interpret that a little differently as well.

Find me on FB and you will have over 100 pictures of this mod and other stuff in my album. Gears, Blower, Stall converter. it is open to the public..
DuWayne Jennings
Thanks, DuWayne! Shot you a pm on FB. Give me a call or shoot me your number. Kevin

Never came through...

I sent a message to you as well. There are a bunch but one came up we had 7 people on common. Hahaha

Members online

No members online now.
Back