Loving my Lincoln..unrequited?

nikki6Volt

LVC Member
Reaction score
Why won't anybody tell me where the on is located. My Lincoln came from OK. My bad, just wanted to dry the brain a little before I replace ALL coils? Particularly the ones that are inconveniently located. Any tips other than replacement (I know but anything or trick for nick?)

2005 LS v6, and the "on" in previous text was suppose to read PCM. I apologize, I will proofread before posting I promise!

What type of Lincoln do you own and what part are you trying to locate?
2005 LS V6 , everything was wet, not sure if it was powerwashing of engine or my car was in the floods but feel I shld dry out pcm, see if damaged just wondering why I can't find online where before I start digging.

It's behind the glovebox, if you can remove the glovebox maybe that will help you get a better view of it.

They say you have to reprogram the replacement computer. Sometimes the cause can be that the Sunroof drains get clogged and water runs down the A pillars, I do believe And shorts the computer,wets the floor etc. This guy was talking a little bit about trouble shooting and replacing the computer. . Just a video to get your research started. Oh by the way do you have a Sunroof?

Sorry accidently hit the post button. Here is the video title on YouTube

Screenshot_2017-12-14-21-40-38.png

They say you have to reprogram the replacement computer. Sometimes the cause can be that the Sunroof drains get clogged and water runs down the A pillars, I do believe And shorts the computer,wets the floor etc. This guy was talking a little bit about trouble shooting and replacing the computer. . Just a video to get your research started. Oh by the way do you have a Sunroof?

I have s÷n this video thank you. Also never thought about the sunroof leak being an issue for it has been clear and dry weather since ive purchased this possible flood victim from Oklahoma. I hope not. Any pointers on how to tell if this is true and can it be saved etc..

I have s÷n this video thank you. Also never thought about the sunroof leak being an issue for it has been clear and dry weather since ive purchased this possible flood victim from Oklahoma. I hope not. Any pointers on how to tell if this is true and can it be saved etc..
Also have replaced three spark plugs and one new coil it$ reading 353 355 356 codes. Thinking drivers or pcm? Something easier th@n replacing other three coils that I know needs to be done but not sure I'm ready to attempt on my own.

Look at this guy's efforts with his 2005 V6. He did a great job. On post #10, they discuss the wiper seals on the cowl that were leaking. Something to check on your LS. My 2005 Lincoln LS 3.0 thread
Good luck.

My 98 Town Car had a seal leaking along the cowl or fire wall when i got it in 2007. The dealer called in the water doctor. They found the leak and sealed it. It was covered by them. I didn't do the work.

My 98 Town Car had a seal leaking along the cowl or fire wall when i got it in 2007. The dealer called in the water doctor. They found the leak and sealed it. It was covered by them. I didn't do the work.
Thats a winner'

Members online

No members online now.
Back