ignition coil

Kenneth Grayson

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to remove the ignition coil on the #1 spark plug.I have located the #1 plug unloosened the bolt that holds down the ignition pack but there is a bar above that doesn't give me any room for removal.The car is a 1997 Lincoln Mark V111. Hope to hear from someone soon. This is so frustrating being so close and cannot get the job complete

Picture ?
cause nothing blocks the number one Cylinder plug except maybe the intake tube

So how do you get around that intake tube,looks it has something on that tube that is position above each coil

I was in the general vicinity,the diagram that I was looking looking at was vague,didn't say anything about the air intake tube to get to the box underneath it

Did you remove the cover from the middle of the cam (valve) cover? There is no actual bolt that holds down the COP, it is held in place by the cover. Sounds like your doing something with the injector maybe?

First remove the AIR intake (zip) tube from the air filter and the throttle body (the thing that that the blue arrow points to)
Then remove the bolts (one is pointed at by the blue arrow), holding the cover on (the cover is the thing under the pink double ended arrow)
Then you can see all 4 COPS on that side, unplug the connector and pull it out.
27711610560_c470c2e2e3_b.jpg

It's just a plastic tube dude, I don't see what the problem is. It just lifts off once you unscrew the air filter housing. The intake tube is the only thing that would possibly be in front of cylinder #1.

Members online

No members online now.
Back