2006 cadillac sts

jrobb57

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm currently considering a 06 STS with 117000 miles. The current owner said he was driving home when the car quit running, but all the accessories remained on. He tried to start it but wouldn't even turn over, and again all the accessories functioned. Any ideas gang?

Thanks,

john

It could be anything electrical, so I'm only suggesting what could be the problem. The car has fairly high mileage, so it may be the starter. I just replaced the starter in my '05 STS, and when I removed the positive cable from the starter I noticed it was loose. The reason I decided to replace the starter is because, at the time, I had over 260,000 miles on it, and it would fail to start from time to time, and the situation was getting worse. I feel the starter may still have been okay, except the nut was loose. Since I had everything apart, it was only logical to replace it.

It could be anything electrical, so I'm only suggesting what could be the problem. The car has fairly high mileage, so it may be the starter. I just replaced the starter in my '05 STS, and when I removed the positive cable from the starter I noticed it was loose. The reason I decided to replace the starter is because, at the time, I had over 260,000 miles on it, and it would fail to start from time to time, and the situation was getting worse. I feel the starter may still have been okay, except the nut was loose. Since I had everything apart, it was only logical to replace it.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out!

Members online

No members online now.
Back