Waiting Room

Did anyone catch any of the 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend? What's up with Nissan and that Nismo POS? They have some nerve trying to compete with a Fail Wheel Drive car. That wasn't even a car. That was like one of those creepy looking antique wheelchairs with the big wheels in the front.

Oh Com'on now, you just saying that cuz you know it's going to be my next ride! STOP IT! j/k

Not my type. I like women that have booty bigger than their head.

You also ride a scooter around town if I remember correctly, no?

i wouldn't kick any of those honeys out of da california king... just sayin' ....

Apparently them bitches are for hire! You'll want to see the next LVC LS St. Louis turn out if we collect some cash and have them perform at the meet.

ROLLIN' get on it !!!!!

Did the LVC meet even happen this year? I think it's gone the way of the dodo/LVC LS calendar

Did the LVC meet even happen this year? I think it's gone the way of the dodo/LVC LS calendar

Funny thing, that. I've been on a great many forums, almost all of them have talked about making a calendar featuring member rides, many have even gotten to the voting stage. So far as I know not one single calendar has ever been made though. Sometimes I wonder why it keeps coming up. The meets happen, although they start with 100 members and usually actually only have half a dozen show, but they at least happen.

yeah, don't wanna go to big, or i'll be rebuilding the motor lmao
will start tuning it @ 75hp, then move to 100hp, then the 150hp
pending the car responds well.

i'd sure like to put a 75 shot on the lincoln. not sure how the timing
chains would appreciate that, though :)

We had a 2015 Roush Stage 3 delivered today. Supercharged V8, 640hp, 6 speed manual. It's one of the first ones delivered to dealers. A series of aggravating traffic delays, competency issues with management, and more traffic on an earlier trip for work meant I was the lucky one there late enough (and who can confidently drive stick) to drive it from the drop-off lot to the showroom. It was nice.

I fcuking need it.

I drove it for all of 90 seconds. The sound is ferocious and refined. I don't think the SC even really kicked in. I didn't beat the piss out of it... but it's not like I pampered it. I loved the looks I was getting as I hammed it up and revved it pulling it into the showroom like "WTF is that"

the new S550 is full on beast mode for sure!

that motors is pretty well built right out of the factory and the blown versions are making some serious power!

what was the sticker on the RS3? isnt it like near 20k added to the price of a GT? its got to be almost to GT350 price...

I can tell you one thing, I need a S550 in my life so bad right now, it kinda sucks cause I was already to get a 13 GT this year, and now everything I see/read about the 15 is just that much better and makes me not want the S197 anymore!

Oh Com'on now, you just saying that cuz you know it's going to be my next ride! STOP IT! j/k

You also ride a scooter around town if I remember correctly, no?

Apparently them bitches are for hire! You'll want to see the next LVC LS St. Louis turn out if we collect some cash and have them perform at the meet.

ROLLIN' get on it !!!!!
Hey man, when I met you, the one you were with looked much better than those anyway so you shouldn't be looking. J/S

Hehehe ... yeah but she get's drunk way to easily and quickly. 2 (large, full) glasses of wine and she'd be done for.
Besides, you can look at the menu, as long as you don't order take out and always eat at home! (at least I think that's what she said :confused:)

I can tell you one thing, I need a S550 in my life so bad right now, it kinda sucks cause I was already to get a 13 GT this year, and now everything I see/read about the 15 is just that much better and makes me not want the S197 anymore!

Yeah, the RS3 package starts at 21k over the GT sticker.

After logging probably close to 500 miles in 13/14s (actual road trips in a GT, GT with Roush exhaust/intake, Roush stage 2) and 500 miles in 15s (V6, EB, GT, RS1), the 15s blow the older ones out of the water with everything except looks (which is subjective). The 14s are an American Muscle car and that's fine. I'd still take one. But the 15s take all the fun of that muscle and pack it into a world-competitive, comfortable, refined performance coupe. Honestly, the only thing I prefer from the 14 is the front end and the sound. It's a little more aggressive, whereas the 15 has a smoother tone. But it's easier to fix the sound. The 14s are decent cruisers, but the interior is rather Spartan compared to the 15s. Sure, it could just be doodads and plastic chrome, but it works for me. I'm tempted to say it could compete with the likes of BMW 3/4 coupes. It certainly feels more refined than the 14 Camaro and more trackworthy than the Challenger, but my experience is limited with those.

If you want a fun car that can make lots of power, save the money and get a 13/14. If you want a fun car that can make lots of power and still be you DD for weeks on end, 15 all the way.

yeah, it wont be a daily drive that for sure, it will be a big power project to make up for all the years spent in no aftermarket LS prison. the stronger (basically boss 302) motor really has me wanting to wait, and I totally agree on the interior, the S550 is in a whole different class. but then I'm going to run into the same problem, buy the time I wait a couple of years for the S550 to come down a little in price, I'm sure they update the exterior just enough to make me want to wait again like when the S197 major remodel came out for 11 was finally getting about two years old and i was starting to find them in the price I wanted to spend, then I say the small changes they made for the 13 and I just loved it so much! but then again, give it 4-5 years and they'll be ready for the fairly heavily remodeled or version 2 of the S550.

and while I'll could afford getting a 15 now, I really don't want to take such a huge depreciation hit, and once they start selling used after a couple of years, it gets down to the price where I can start the mods almost right away! and ideally I wouldn't mind making a call to Hellion for the parts!!! and if not, maybe vortech or procharger... either should do fine and get me where i want to be.

Never believe a
censored.gif
salesman that tells you it's a direct fit replacement model.

Our Panasonic Over-the-Range microwave nuked it's last left-overs a couple of weekends ago, made some electrical gurgling noise from the key pad area followed by a grand finale of a huge puff of smoke which triggered the kitchen smoke/fire detector.

In my travels I picked up a clearance sale Panasonic replacement, newer model Panasonic as the wife insists on their patented "Inverter" technology.

So this
censored.gif
slimball salesman sworn to me the hook up and venting is the same on all Panasonic models.

I swear, I ever see him again ....
diablo.gif
... I got half the kitchen wall apart f*cking around with the greasy vent duct, half the back of the
censored.gif
new microwave apart to reroute the power cord out the back, as the old one did NOT have the
censored.gif
cable coming out from the top (it Fn flush mounts to a cupboard, why would you put a cord there Panasonic!?!?!) ... the damn Fn mounting holes are offset from the last unit, so I had to put yet more new
censored.gif
holes in the wall and cupboard.

Direct fit my @ss, wait till I get my hands on that 5% commission kid ...I'll
censored.gif
'n show him "direct fit replacement" alright!

I had a whole list of things to do this weekend, haven't had supper yet either, I'm pissed off!

On the bright side, I did manage to get a fresh coat of paint on the wall behind the Fridge, Stove and that new
censored.gif
Panasonic Microwave. Not that anyone would ever notice behind these appliances or anything, just how I like to roll, make things pretty and neat when they are mostly irrelevant and out of sight ... cuz I have so much time to spare I can
censored.gif
afford to waste my days off
censored.gif
'n around like this.

I am however about to make me the biggest mean @ss manwich and a large Captain on the rocks straight up.

censored.gif
me, "direct fit" ... Don't listen to them, they lie worse then rugs!

Never believe a
censored.gif
salesman that tells you it's a direct fit replacement model.

Our Panasonic Over-the-Range microwave nuked it's last left-overs a couple of weekends ago, made some electrical gurgling noise from the key pad area followed by a grand finale of a huge puff of smoke which triggered the kitchen smoke/fire detector.

In my travels I picked up a clearance sale Panasonic replacement, newer model Panasonic as the wife insists on their patented "Inverter" technology.

So this
censored.gif
slimball salesman sworn to me the hook up and venting is the same on all Panasonic models.

I swear, I ever see him again ....
diablo.gif
... I got half the kitchen wall apart f*cking around with the greasy vent duct, half the back of the
censored.gif
new microwave apart to reroute the power cord out the back, as the old one did NOT have the
censored.gif
cable coming out from the top (it Fn flush mounts to a cupboard, why would you put a cord there Panasonic!?!?!) ... the damn Fn mounting holes are offset from the last unit, so I had to put yet more new
censored.gif
holes in the wall and cupboard.

Direct fit my @ss, wait till I get my hands on that 5% commission kid ...I'll
censored.gif
'n show him "direct fit replacement" alright!

I had a whole list of things to do this weekend, haven't had supper yet either, I'm pissed off!

On the bright side, I did manage to get a fresh coat of paint on the wall behind the Fridge, Stove and that new
censored.gif
Panasonic Microwave. Not that anyone would ever notice behind these appliances or anything, just how I like to roll, make things pretty and neat when they are mostly irrelevant and out of sight ... cuz I have so much time to spare I can
censored.gif
afford to waste my days off
censored.gif
'n around like this.

I am however about to make me the biggest mean @ss manwich and a large Captain on the rocks straight up.

censored.gif
me, "direct fit" ... Don't listen to them, they lie worse then rugs!

Your life is way to complicated man... go get some free medical coveraged chill pills and just swap the F'in mircowave :)

.. roll with it my friend, you'll live longer!

We just bought 22 gallons of paint ourselves (interior i might add)... talk about a long weekend coming up!!

You'd think things would go together a little easier. Last little while, everything I get my hands on is either broken, needs fixing, replacing or money thrown at it.

But you are correct, I need to go fishing with a case of beer or something. Did manage to score a week off from work, told them I had "issues" which they already knew.

I got exterior painting I have to deal with also this summer. List never stops. Chill pills, maybe do some tanning this week also, teach the dog new tricks kinda thing.

agreed on hoping things last... but if it does fail, your in the same boat no matter what. Might as well take the less stressed route.... Take what you learned and apply it to the next thing (IE not trusting sales guys, or taking the broken one with you next time...a lesson you just taught me on replacing mircowaves! :Beer)

I locked both sets of keys in my car (dont ask)... laughed for a minute, reviewed options, went and had a calm dinner... called around a bit ($50ish to unlock). Then decided to try a few things (methods I know they use).. two wedges, a long 8ish gauge rod I had (old grill part) and 90seconds... I was back in!

Kind of fun, but a little scary how easy it was... no damage done.

I certainly could have freaked out.. broken windows, grabbed shears, etc.. but instead, laughed a bit, learned something, and got to show my wife what a bad aZZ she married :cool:

Not preaching, just trying to help!

Hehehe ... you prevented yourself from going all BigRig on it. LOL, I get it. sometimes you gotta sleep on it and it goes much better the next day.

On the Microwave, it was a hard-wired into the wall kinda mod, this house, whomever rebuild this kitchen didn't run an outlet into the cupboards above the stove for any Over-the-Range style microwaves, so even the last one that was in was McGyver'd it would seem.

Would have been difficult for me to have taken that huge sticky greasy thing with me in the truck on tour until I wrapped around on the way home when I went to pick up the replacement unit.

I was just told it was a direct replacement fit and it was not, on the newer version, same model, the mounting holes were relocated. Long story short ... it got the better of me, only cuz so much was involved with this thing. I had to fix portions of the drywall around the duct outlet and electrical which warranted some paint refreshing also.

It's all over with now, VENTING is fun, burns off some steam here and there. Not the salesmans fault 100% on the wall needing all sorts of modding. LOL just venting and ranting.

I'm better now. Thanks Dr. G :)

<gets off couch>

G ... check it out, it did go back together nicely though. (end result as apposed to in-progress)

20150622_125321.jpg

and our back yard,

20150622_125554.jpg

... it's just "rocking" it this year, lawn in the front and back of the house really took well this year.
mind ya a few hundred dollars worth of fertilizer and Scott's Premium seeds.

Gotta clean up some trees around here, I fear touching the chain saw
... hasn't been used in nearly 3 years, it's going to need fixing/money before I can use it, I just know it.
depressed.gif

Inside looks good!... (i like the small drawers between stove and dishwasher) glass cabinets were a nice touch..

YARD looks FANTASTIC...

We close on our new house Thursday... so I'll have plenty of work to show soon too! (and maybe some venting posts!!!)

Nice little backyard, looks very well kept. This will be my backyard in a few months, and goes all the way to the water.

Lake%20View%202.jpg

Lake%20View%201.jpg

Members online

Back