Musclecars choices?

tlake

LVC Member
Reaction score
Which ones would you select from the past and the present? Classic T/As had style, and the Chrysler SRT8 Core seems to represent modern muscle best. I guess this is about some models we would like to own, space and money permitting, lol.:cool:

6ae78f1512_640.jpg

Firebird T/A

1976_dodge_dart-pic-28097.jpg

2013_chrysler_300_core_review_03-1006-450x240.jpg

Core viddy

6SpeedShiftBallThumbnail.jpg

I would pic the charger SRT8 over the 300 SRT8 for a true muscle car. One of my favs is a 1968 firebird

If we're talking about cars that are currently available to buy new, I certainly wouldn't mind driving either of the SRT8's, but I'm kind of partial to the Chevy SS right now.

I daily drive a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT with the 6.0L V8, and I love it. It's awesome. I'm not a Chevy guy, but the G8/SS are made by Holden, in Australia. They've got it down. It's an awesome muscle "sedan", lol. I have a hard time calling a car with 4 doors a muscle car. :p

Anyway, the Chevy SS is, in essence, the upgraded version of the G8 GXP. Same 6.2L V8 as the GXP, but upgraded suspension, interior and a facelift. One of the car magazines did a comparison against the SRT8 Charger and ruled the SS the champ for a number of reasons.

The higher HP SRT8 was a little faster in the quarter mile, but the amazing handling, refinement, better build quality, and lower price of the SS won out in the end.

If we're talking about cars that are currently available to buy new, I certainly wouldn't mind driving either of the SRT8's, but I'm kind of partial to the Chevy SS right now.

I daily drive a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT with the 6.0L V8, and I love it. It's awesome. I'm not a Chevy guy, but the G8/SS are made by Holden, in Australia. They've got it down. It's an awesome muscle "sedan", lol. I have a hard time calling a car with 4 doors a muscle car. :p

Anyway, the Chevy SS is, in essence, the upgraded version of the G8 GXP. Same 6.2L V8 as the GXP, but upgraded suspension, interior and a facelift. One of the car magazines did a comparison against the SRT8 Charger and ruled the SS the champ for a number of reasons.

The higher HP SRT8 was a little faster in the quarter mile, but the amazing handling, refinement, better build quality, and lower price of the SS won out in the end.
I almost bought an 09 G8 GXP, it was an amazing machine! Boy that thing hauled ass!!!

I almost bought an 09 G8 GXP, it was an amazing machine! Boy that thing hauled ass!!!

They're really great cars. They have their specific issues, just like every other car out there, but it's really an amazing car.

Another interesting note, they look like a small car, maybe "mid-size", but they have a TON of room in them.

They're really great cars. They have their specific issues, just like every other car out there, but it's really an amazing car.

Another interesting note, they look like a small car, maybe "mid-size", but they have a TON of room in them.
I looked in 09 when they were new, so they were quite a bit more money than they are now, if I had test drove it now, at the price they are now I probably would have bought it. The one I test drove was like this, I thinks its some kind of special paint, or so the dealership says. LOL My experience in the G8 is why I'm eager to drive the new SS.
DSCF2740.jpg

DSCF2740.jpg

That's the same color as mine, but mine is a GT. It's Stryker Blue Metallic. One of 1,111 cars painted that color. That's probably what the dealer was talking about.

Yeah that's what they said, sorry it was 5 years ago LOL, I love this color, so cool! :Beer

the Chevy SS might already be dead. looks like GM is stopping production in Australia where the SS is made. so its got like, 2 years tops.
mitsubishi left australia, toyota and ford are leaving, Australia is not a financially viable place to build cars apparently.

so unless they relocate everything...

Word around the G8 forums is that they're talking about moving production of the SS to the U.S. when that happens.

We'll see when we get there, I guess.

Word around the G8 forums is that they're talking about moving production of the SS to the U.S. when that happens.

We'll see when we get there, I guess.
Good! Bring in some jobs for Americans!

G8 was selling on target, then the GFC came and it all went asunder. As for 4 door musclecars, can you say '90s Impala SS?!:p

SC 360 Hornet

sc360-01.jpg

um... have you ever sat inside a g8 ? that is as full size as full size can get. not even close to resembling a "small" car :)

here's my old one - loved that car.

20121212_173707.jpg

IMG_20120427_182708.jpg

IMG_20120429_192342.jpg

um... have you ever sat inside a g8 ? that is as full size as full size can get. not even close to resembling a "small" car

Um... Did you even read what I wrote?

My daily driver is a G8 GT. At 196 inches in length, it's nearly a full foot shorter than my 2-door Mark VIII. It's also just within the requirements to be considered "mid-size". Like I said above though, in the post that you quoted, there's a ton of room in them, despite the appearance of it being a smaller car. It's really very surprising.

I'd have a tough decision with any of the following cars.

66/67 GTO

69 Cyclone CJ428

70 Cyclone Spoiler

These cars may not be as fast as today's muscle cars, but they had class.

Too many second tier cars to even list. (66/67 442's are right up there.)

Members online

Back