Aluminum Degas Bottle - pending production!

lincolnlogs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
LVC'ers,

Working with Hite, I've constructed my own design of the Aluminum Degas bottle.
I've gotten a patent for my design, and im working with Lester at Dorman Products on the manufacturing and production of it. Also trying to get with Moroso, and several other manufacturers.

Working on a design to cancel out all the plastic parts, and submit those as well. (soon)

So, stay tuned, and sooner or later all LS owners will have direct access (at the autoparts, or online) to a permanent cooling system fix for our cars.

Ya'll owe me for doing the dirty work to get you guys a permanent fix and end all these "cooling system" threads from the noobies. :p

Just thought i'd share. I'll post info as I move further along.

-lincolnlogs

aluminum bottle is expected by August of 2013. Other parts are looking further towards the fall. 100% aluminum. even down to the cap. pressure tested at 90+ pounds.

Looking forward to it. If you've tested it, I'm assuming you have a model? maybe some pics for us with ADD? ;)

Good luck.

I'm sure my pocket book will have to stick with the stock plastic....can't see them producing millions of them.

Should've came with strong enough parts from the factory. I don't think I'll own my car long enough to benefit from an aluminium bottle. Considering a plastic factory replacement will last another 100k, hard to justify a more expensive aluminium one.

I recall the 'teaser' pic some time back. Yes, as I also just replaced mine and it should outlast the time I may own my vehicle. As supplies of the original Motorcraft replacement units start to dwindle, this may be a great replacement.

Degas bottle 3.jpg

This one is for a MINI and is a formed or shaped aluminum unit that may be what Dorman could produce.

BMP_mcsg1_tank_md.gif

Hopefully Dorman can produce the hoses (shaped and bleeder) as well as they are not separately available

Degas bottle 3.jpg

BMP_mcsg1_tank_md.gif

I assure you the bottle IS as OEM as possible. Pictures will come when patent clears. cost will be slightly higher than OEM but not outrageous. all plastic parts will become aluminum. I'm also putting together a "kit" for distribution which would include aluminum thermostat housing aluminum degas bottle aluminum upper and lower lines (with and without oil cooler) and worm type clamps for all hoses/barbs. (kit comes with shorter bolts for the thermostat housing too) as well as all rubber seals and gaskets.

how's that sound?

... I'm also putting together a "kit" for distribution which would include aluminum thermostat housing aluminum degas bottle aluminum upper and lower lines (with and without oil cooler) and worm type clamps for all hoses/barbs. (kit comes with shorter bolts for the thermostat housing too) as well as all rubber seals and gaskets.

how's that sound?

Gen I V8 only, I assume.

Gen I V8 only, I assume.
Dang, I didn't even think of that. I hope you have plans for Gen II! I hated replacing the thermostat housing. If I never have to do that again it would be great! (In my Lumbergh voice)

I need a little help in this process from 5 of you.
it's easy help, as simple as filling out a few questions to use for my proof of concept and as a bias for convincing someone it's a good idea to buy it.

Anyone that would like to help will be reimbursed. not sure how yet, but I'll make it worth your while, with a goodie of some kind.

I need 5 member of 1st or 2nd Gen V8 or V6

anyone that's interested I encourage you to PM me with your NAme and Email, and a phone number if you'd like to talk in person, if not that's fine.

go go go! thanks LVC'rs

Pm sent. My aluminum degas bottle has been in around a month and is working great. The picture in this thread above is one I made that wouldnt fit. The one I have now is smaller.

Sweet i'm looking forward to this, Let me know if you need more help i would lend a hand for sure!

First off - WOW, i come back online to 13 PM's. Totally wow'd with the feedback I got.

thanks for the support guys, it helps a lot. This project has went from something to small to a huge weight on my shoulders. Everything from patent office fees, to patent lawyers, a CAD designer, to small things like finding a new tungsten electrode for my welder. -_-

For everyone interested in helping...

THANK YOU! again! I'll be sending each of you an email soon, My purpose of the email is to collect data to represent as data, converting most of it to graph data, and taking some individual quotes from them in an effort to more easily persuade manufacturers to buy, as well as giving them information to pass down when it becomes time for distribution.

Please be honest with your answers, and thorough. The more detail, the better.

Based on your efforts, it will be worth your time.

here is a small teaser, sorry its all the info I can give out right now legally.

$(KGrHqZHJEEFBn,VjdNpBQdGLGulYw~~60_57.jpg

the new cap. no more threads. a proven design thats been around for as long as i can remember. the 1/4 turn radiator cap.

available in flat black, anodized orange, anodized green, anodized red, anoodized blue, or aluminum silver.

keep the feedback coming guys, and thank you all again!

$(KGrHqZHJEEFBn,VjdNpBQdGLGulYw~~60_57.jpg

got a PM from Jorge...

just want to double check. i received a few responses, but did everyone get my email?

I was wondering how you'd prove 'proof of concept' on a replacement part?

How much cash are you into for the patent process? I've done a couple things that I was told I should patent but the return on investment never made it worthwhile for the coverage the patent offered.

Members online

Back