Ben's LS

Installed my heat shield from Hite today along with the painted intake elbows and the clear bumper lights that i've had for about a year. Heat shield took a little trimming to fit and still needs some minor tweaking, but like Hite said these things are sharp and I sliced my hand open so I quit for the night. The elbows are a matte black, but appear shiny inthe pics bc of the camera flash. I need to touch up the ends if the elbows I didnt realize how noticable that blue would be. The clear lights look great. I'm just waiting on my angel eyes to come in and my clear markers from Alex to finish up the headlights. I couldn't get real good pics bc the garage is cramped for space.

Intake looks great! Thats what need to do.

Lincoln decals did not work out as I had hoped. They wouldn't stick properly to the domed VW center caps.

However, finally found the caps I am sticking with.

Tires WILL be ordered by the end of the month.

004.jpg

Tires - Ordered
Black striping tape for trim - Ordered
Chrome turn signal bulbs - Ordered

I was just looking at that thread about vin #s so I put mine in a website to see when my car was made.

January 24, 2002

Guess when my birthday is? January 24. CRAZY! Guess it was just meant to be.

The tires are supposed to arrive tomorrow. I will try to get them mounted this week.

to Mount or not to Mount, that's shall be the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I'm gonna keep them like this, but I got some black decals with white lincoln stars for the center caps.
attachment.jpg

1) Say Ben, I read these didn't work out for ya, are they 60mm across ?

2) Want to part with them ? (if 60mm)

3) or do you have a link to where you got them from ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about purchasing these the guy only want 200 with tires,not sure if they are the same wheel?

19" VW wheels

3G83J23Hd5N55Ia5Mcd43cca3e15ef7491122.jpg

Ouch, holly curb rash!

Ben, you get your tires yet, mounted? balanced ? installed?

10 bucks say's I'll have mine on before yours ???

The plan is to get the tires mounted tomorrow if I can make it to the shop before they close.

@mlara, The bulbs and trim are done, but I figure I'll just post pics of it all when the wheels are on.

@manoli, not the same as mine, but they do look pretty sweet. Kinda like a hybrid of the 06 wheels and the volvos Alex and Rod have.

@bigrig, I have the tires in my garage, but not yet mounted. Hopefully tomorrow! At the rate this is going I think I would lose the 10 bucks so I will pass.

didn't get my wheels on today Ben, I got them mounted, balanced and bought lock lug nuts,
took the whole scenario home to only end up stripping one lug nut that wouldn't budge.

The outer shielding on the stock nuts rounded ... I was getting good and pissed off with it until
my wife ordered me to stop it and get back inside ... supposed to be taking it easy for a week.

So I called the tire shop and they want me there first thing in the morning to remove
the stripped lug nut and they will mount the wheels to the car for me for free.

----EDIT: they are selling me on some center bore rings though.

I'm making my wife load up my wheels into the LS for me in the morning.
Like she said, not even suppose to be doing any heavy lifting. That'll teach her!

Cant wait to see those wheels on! Even more interested if the tire will fit haha.

BTW I think my center caps came in but I missed them due to not being home so I wil pick them up from the post office today. Ill let you know how they turn out. They might be a good option for yo Ben.

Well the tires still haven't been put on. I've been really busy and not that you guys want to hear about my personal issues, but my girlfriend of over 4 years just broke up with me so I really haven't had the car as a priority.

Well the tires still haven't been put on. I've been really busy and not that you guys want to hear about my personal issues, but my girlfriend of over 4 years just broke up with me so I really haven't had the car as a priority.

Show her this. She will come around

143ak3.jpg

Dude, that sucks!!!!! To quote a famous person.....

"It's not you, it's me"

"You're darn right it's you, you heifer!!!!!!!"

Members online

No members online now.
Back