My 1st Gen LS Project "thre3N9NE" (due, August 2013) + PICTURES!

The lower grille really did turn out good. The picture you text me didn't do it any justice. Looks WAY better.:cool:

I like the bumper marker light idea. Can you post a shot of it on after the install with them on?

LS is really coming along great. Looking forward to seeing it in June. Lord knows how much more work you will have done by then.:)

does anyone know why a section of the bumper is removed??

yes, there is a spot behind that removable spot to screw in a big hook used to tow the car out of a ditch or something like that with out destroying the bumper. it is a requirement for European cars, and they orignally had plays to sell the LS there.

Never thought of adding behind!!! very good idea! May have to mess around with it!!!

Although. Im sure that mesh will fade quickly... may want to seal it, clear coat it some how... I made one a while back (with a broken grille). looked ok, but the metal faded in the weather.

Coming along very nicely. Love those 06 wheels. Good job on the tails as well, almost look color matched. Not sure yet how I feel about the grille. I like it, but then i don't like it lol idk. Makes me think of the Jeep srt8 front fascia a bit.

Haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure what your goals are so I apologize if these don't apply...

A couple more things you could consider:
- Lowering
- Bumper cut-outs. Re-do exhaust tips. Not very good looking as they are IMO.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=44774
- Color match side skirts and front/rear valences.

Thats about all that comes to mind at the moment.

Keep it up.

1) Hey Lincolnlogs, that's looking real good, those tails came out smooth.

2) On your First Gen, with the LED on the floor and in the front signals, did you run into any troubles with them staying on dimmed, or rapid flashing on the signals, or bulb our warnings ? I just can't see to get anywhere with the LEDs on GEN 1 ???

3) Clean under the hood, looks good, can almost eat of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hows this guys?

MUCH BETTER!!!

blackout.jpg

<!-- Begin G-RELL Invoked 5 sentence MAX rule -->

1) Hey Lincolnlogs, that's looking real good, those tails came out smooth.

2) On your First Gen, with the LED on the floor and in the front signals, did you run into any troubles with them staying on dimmed, or rapid flashing on the signals, or bulb our warnings ? I just can't see to get anywhere with the LEDs on GEN 1 ???

3) Clean under the hood, looks good, can almost eat of it.

<!-- End G-RELL Invoked 5 sentence MAX rule -->

1. THANKS!! gotta get this all done so i dont look like a sore thumb at the LS meet. :p

2. occasionally, ill see them lit like barely enough to notice. but it goes off after a while. no check bulb codes, nothing. (because the stock buls are still there) have yet to try the headlights. i know the two running lights on the trunklid arent tied into the system so you can run LED no problem on those.

3. besides a nice shiny intake, underhood is about done. and i have a steam cleaner... thats why its so clean :p and because it just had it all torn down to do the VCG's

Looking good.:) Have you thought about doing the Mach 1 front lip spoiler? I think it would look real good with the lower grille being black and the black rocker panel pieces. Also, look into a pair of gen 2 folding mirrors. Just a nice update with a the puddle lights and the folding feature.

BTW If you go with 19's, go with 245/35/19 tires. Best size to go with.

i think your car will look nice with eyelids

what about something like this? except not photoshop'd and using gunmetal grey and black vinyl? i have a vinyl cutter, just have to do some measurements. give it a "pi55ed off" look.

2006-lincoln-ls-4-door-sedan-v8-sport-headlight_100262720_m.jpg

:cool:

what about something like this? except not photoshop'd and using gunmetal grey and black vinyl? i have a vinyl cutter, just have to do some measurements. give it a "pi55ed off" look.

2006-lincoln-ls-4-door-sedan-v8-sport-headlight_100262720_m.jpg

:cool:

Naaahhh, try these instead, you'll be the first!

CarEyelashesDirect.jpg

I'd paypal someone $10 to show me a true pic or vid of these on their LS.
... and I'm a man of my words!

got my headlights done this weekend..

black sealant (of course)

GOT THEM APART WITHOUT A DREMEL!!!

DINNERS READY...

47126ADD-838E-443A-ADE6-AAA166AE2452-8642-000003BA53388CE9.jpg

D6DD88A3-9419-4C57-974A-45CA6D6EC05C-8642-000003BA3ED0456A.jpg

7C0212E6-7A00-4F3E-8E0A-3DFA0A2596AC-8642-000003BA36083FF6.jpg

572B983C-B427-46FD-9B71-1A90FAFEC121-8642-000003BA2A50B55F.jpg

all done!!!!

3A9B6AC1-E4DC-4F13-B108-856A6BB5DA5C-8642-000003BA1CB2582C.jpg

9792B49F-1248-453D-BDA8-D1CDF893AD54-8642-000003BA15C87373.jpg