Transmission Question

The omen

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a question about my transmission . I am experiencing while driving on the Highway , when I'm in overdrive( no matter the MPH) when I go to smashed the pedal and when it kicks down , it kicks down pretty hard than normal. It doesn't do it when i am not in Overdrive. Would it be possible that the Spring is bad ? if so would anybody know what spring it is so I know what to replace?

Thanks

I have a question about my transmission . I am experiencing while driving on the Highway , when I'm in overdrive( no matter the MPH) when I go to smashed the pedal and when it kicks down , it kicks down pretty hard than normal. It doesn't do it when i am not in Overdrive. Would it be possible that the Spring is bad ? if so would anybody know what spring it is so I know what to replace?

Thanks

I have read throwing too much power at the OD section can break things. I just push the little button before working my baby hard.

I have read throwing too much power at the OD section can break things. I just push the little button before working my baby hard.

Me too, I turn OD off and if that's not enough, then go down with it for the 2nd gear, if needed. Sounds like you're stomping too hard and jumping from 4 to 2 and our transmissions really don't like that too much. 98's can take it a little better than the 93-97's but I'd still treat the 98 the same way.

Me too, I turn OD off and if that's not enough, then go down with it for the 2nd gear, if needed. Sounds like you're stomping too hard and jumping from 4 to 2 and our transmissions really don't like that too much. 98's can take it a little better than the 93-97's but I'd still treat the 98 the same way.

Its funny you guys say that .After a few times of experiencing this, I too hit the button from then on just because i can only imagining if I paid no mind to it..:eek:... I am glad to see that it is not me :D . Another question. Does your Marks have shifts kits or Jmods? if so How do you like it?

Its funny you guys say that .After a few times of experiencing this, I too hit the button from then on just because i can only imagining if I paid no mind to it..:eek:... I am glad to see that it is not me :D . Another question. Does your Marks have shifts kits or Jmods? if so How do you like it?

I j-modded a 98 trans for the 94 I had and it had 64K on it and I loved it.I bought gaskets for the 95 to j-mod this one but discovered I have a slight front seal leak so, I'm just going to do the same thing I done with the 94. Put a 98-03 trans in the 95 after j-modding it.

I j-modded a 98 trans for the 94 I had and it had 64K on it and I loved it.I bought gaskets for the 95 to j-mod this one but discovered I have a slight front seal leak so, I'm just going to do the same thing I done with the 94. Put a 98-03 trans in the 95 after j-modding it.

I hear there is a Max on here that knows what parts to get since he works for a ford dealer, is he still available to get the parts?

I hear there is a Max on here that knows what parts to get since he works for a ford dealer, is he still available to get the parts?

There is a sticky. The parts are not too hard to find, except the separator plate/transmission gasket but that's out there too. Your Ford dealer has a lot of what you need.

Pretty sure Max has retired.

He sure did and Omen, the gaskets I ordered for the 95 come from rockauto. You can get them from your local Ford parts counter but they will likely have to order them. Should be under $10 for those but I don't know what all you're after. Whatever you need, the local Ford parts place can get you what you want and most items are there within 2 days.

Have you bought from Dirty Dog performance before? and does it come with everything you need without running to part stores to get other parts?

Don runs it in his gold Mark. All I see is for 96 and up but if all you want to do is jmod, you're only looking at gaskets ($6-$10), a few drill bits, cordless drill or corded and time. A 98 takes two bits and took me less than 30 min to unbolt and drill and put back together. I forgot how many bits it takes for 93-97

I paid about $140 for all the gaskets, filter, 1-2 and 3-4 accumulators, 1-2 end cap, 2 springs for the 1-2, most people seem to think leaving out the 3-4 springs is a good idea. A 1-2 circlip and a couple more little bits and pieces. most of it at my local Ford dealer.

I also have a trans plug kit and trans temp sensor and gauge.

That vid in the sticky is really good:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=2037259063&postcount=3

I perfer the BE Controls Kit because it is more customizable. Clicky Me

Is there an affordable transmission pan out there that comes with a temp sensor bung already welded in?

I perfer the BE Controls Kit because it is more customizable. Clicky Me

Is there an affordable transmission pan out there that comes with a temp sensor bung already welded in?

Much simpler to drill a 1/2" hole and use the plug kit when you have the pan off. The temp sensor can be part of the plug.

A little over half way down on this pig of a page:

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/aode.htm

Search for plug.

I paid about $140 for all the gaskets, filter, 1-2 and 3-4 accumulators, 1-2 end cap, 2 springs for the 1-2, most people seem to think leaving out the 3-4 springs is a good idea. A 1-2 circlip and a couple more little bits and pieces. most of it at my local Ford dealer.

I also have a trans plug kit and trans temp sensor and gauge.

That vid in the sticky is really good:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=2037259063&postcount=3

Are you talking about the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators? Leaving out the single spring in the 2-3 accumulator does firm up the shift nicely - did you not leave yours out?

I just try to baby as much as possible t its time to play then all is off and tires r smoking

Are you talking about the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators? Leaving out the single spring in the 2-3 accumulator does firm up the shift nicely - did you not leave yours out?

Have not done it yet. It got cold. I will leave out the 2-3 when I get to it.

Yeah 3-4 was a typo, brain ... yeah. ;)

Don runs it in his gold Mark. All I see is for 96 and up but if all you want to do is jmod, you're only looking at gaskets ($6-$10), a few drill bits, cordless drill or corded and time. A 98 takes two bits and took me less than 30 min to unbolt and drill and put back together. I forgot how many bits it takes for 93-97

I was getting the pros and cons on jmod vs. Baumman kit . Geno is big on Baumman , alot of the members on here seem to have Jmods. Its a tough descison .:confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back