X3F3 Mark Viii ecu??

Browsing ebay for the heck of it and came across this

[url]http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=130480206650[/URL]

Ad says its for a Mark Viii, and the part number tells me its a '93 part....

BS... right?

FORD ECU F3LF-12A650-CD LINCOLN 4.6 DOHC COBRA X3L3

I think it's for a 5.0 but really don't know. It's not from a Mark VIII. I'm about 100% positive on that one. Maybe a 4.6 out of some other car like a Conti or Town Car. 93 Marks only had 2 types of W3Z2's and a W3Z3 and then in 94 they went to Z4HO and in 95 it was the DZA1. Never heard of any X3L3 for a Mark

Whoops. Dunno why I typed x3f3.... yeah I thought it was wrong too.... a 5.0 cobra would be a 3 leter code. Like A9L (standard 89-91 5.0 5spd ecu)

Edit: did a quick google search, apparently there are some ecu tuning sites referring to the X3L3 and the X3L2 ecu's as Mark Viii ecu's..... I wonder if these were extremely limited quantity preproduction ecus on ford show/test cars or super early production or something reaally silly or off the wall?

I almost wanna buy it.

Hmmmm that's cheap enough I'm adding it to my watch list. Might just pick it up and try it.

Can't hurt to try it out but I would ask the seller to show you a pic of the pins. They might be completely different looking than the type of ECU's for Gen 1 Marks. I guess the worse thing that can happen is that it won't work or simply will not even plug in. Just like a 97-98 won't plug into a Gen 1 and even if, it wouldn't work. I have a W3Z3 from a 93 that I tried in a 94 that had a Z4H0 and the only thing that happened was when I turned the key on, the cooling fan came on and ran on high. The car would not start. It would just turn over and turn over but never crank up. I put the H0 back in and it cranked right up. The Z3 came out of the black 93 (with TC) me and my dad had here and it was running fine before he wrecked it. The inertia switch was triggered when he was hit. The car was t-boned on the passengers side and no damage to the drivers side at all. I still have the Z3 in the closet and haven't tried it in the 95 to see if it will work in that one. Been meaning to try it but just haven't messed with it yet. Really no reason to since the Z2 is working just fine. I have the DZA1 out in the garage or it's wrapped up and in the spare tire tub, just in case mine ever acts up for any reason.

The Mark VIII Geno has was built in 93 and has two ECU's and it might be possible that the catch code matches up. I really would like to know what Geno's catch code is for the SuperMark for both ECU's.

You never know, if you get it and put it in and it cranks up and runs, you might have a monster on your hands lol. It might have a higher speed limitation or no limiter at all. I just haven't heard of anyone with a Mark that has that catch code. The only ones I know of are:

W3Z2
W3Z3
Z4H0
DZA1

Gen 1's only. I think there are only a couple for the Gen 2's. I had one here but sold it to someone on here and luckily, it fixed the problem he was having. Been about 2 years ago and I forgot what problems he was having but that PCM/ECU, w/e people want to call it, did in fact fix his problems. I'm going to search it out to see what problems it did eliminate. The catch code started with an M I think.

EDIT: Found it!
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=76341&highlight=Glad+it+worked+out+for+you

Last edited:
Well, I have my original W3Z3, my Z2 that's in the car now, and hopefully this X3L2. Which, I am hoping is the be all end all ecu! :D

I remember seeing that catch code about 6 months ago but I have still never heard of anyone having them in any 93's they own. I just wonder if there is something special about them... I would feel better about the W3Z5 but that's kinda high dollar just to see what it's going to do. :shifty: I would love to try it though. Someone with the software that burns chips should be able to look these up and give some info, such as WOT spark, trans fluid pressure, etc..

[url]http://www.eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20137&p=111713&sid=19b002917eeca0107271ed52baa2f1e1[/URL]

M4X0, X3L2, X3L3, W3Z5, etc...

this thread would seem to indicate they all have the same strategy (CZAJL i believe) and are (obscure but real) mark viii computers. like psycho said, possibly export/Canadian versions??

It probably is something to do with a Canadian version or other country. Be nice to snag one from Germany lol. Those cars have to roll at some top speeds over there. IDK, that whole page just confused me. I could have swore that the Gen 2 computer I sold was a M4X0 or something similar.

If I had to guess, now after seeing that thread, I wonder if its a "smog" computer...

Members online

No members online now.
Back