Another No Start thread

MercuryLs

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well this is my first post in the LS section.

Ok, here is the story:

Picked up a 2000 Lincoln LS v8 with a bad engine and no keys. Got a known good engine for it (and installed it) and had a locksmith come out and program 2 new keys for it.

After I finished installing the engine and hooking everything back up, fired it up to check everything. It ran well for a few min then suddenly shut off? Check fuel pressure- good. Now it just cranks and cranks, but never starts! I also have acess to the SCT software, so I tried disabling the PATS in the tune- still no luck. I have "noid lights" that plug into the injector harness to see if they are "pulsing"- they are NOT. So I tried replacing the crank position sensor- no change.

So before you ask:
Fuel pressure- good
Crank Position sensor- changed
PATS light flashing- No
Injectors getting a signal/"pulsing"- No
Cranking over- yes
Does it even try to "fire"- No

Any ideas???

What if you unplug the MAF sensor, will it start and run then?

What if you unplug the MAF sensor, will it start and run then?

No.
The injectors are not receiving a signal to "fire" (or "pulse"). Im assuming the coils are not firing as well- though I haven't checked.

Typically if the injectors are not "pusling" the first thing that comes to mind is the crankshaft position sensor or Antitheft. I have ruled both of those out.

No.
The injectors are not receiving a signal to "fire" (or "pulse"). Im assuming the coils are not firing as well- though I haven't checked.

Typically if the injectors are not "pusling" the first thing that comes to mind is the crankshaft position sensor or Antitheft. I have ruled both of those out.

Why have you ruled out the PATS? IIRC, a locksmith doesn't have the tools to "marry" the keys to the system. Don't the keys and cluster have to be paired?

Why have you ruled out the PATS? IIRC, a locksmith doesn't have the tools to "marry" the keys to the system. Don't the keys and cluster have to be paired?

Actually, some/many locksmiths do have the tools. The one I have (which will do that and more) was only about $400.

Okay, how about the fuses? With the key on, the positive side of each coil and each injector should have +12V. The PCM grounds the negative sides as needed. If you don't have +12V with the key in run, you probably have a blown fuse or bad relay.

No.

If the MAF reads no airflow, then the PCM won't inject any fuel. However, it should still pulse the injectors a few times during the start attempt.

Members online

No members online now.
Back