Muffler&Tips ??

manoli

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Yes I have searched :D

I will be ordering exhaust hopefully tonight or tommorow morning and I tried searching and to be honest im very confused Ive found multiple threads saying very diffrent info from one to the next.

2000 LS V8: (note) Im going to be installing a gen 1 LSE rear valance so keep this in mind.

So far I know 2.5 is the size for the mufflers correct?

Confusing part for me is the off-set on the mufflers?

After a big let down, because I wanted to pick the same tips Marccred has, come to find out they are sold out. Not sure on what tips to get know.

Please feel free to post any links for tips and mufflers for a fair price im on a budget lol. Im not 100 % sure but I think I might go with Magnaflows.

Thanks in advance.

Center in offset out for gen II at least

And I got these tips "Magnaflow 35136 Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Tip"

So how ever that might help ya there ya go lol. Everything is stock up to the muffler and tips because I'm poor lol

isn't a gen1 2.25" muffler? 2.25" tips?

Magnaflow 35136 Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Tip

nice tips.

a lot of people go with Magnaflow 11225 2.25" mufflers or 11224 2.5". They are about $80 each.

I had them adapt from 2.25 to 2.5 for the mufflers lol. And yeah I like the tips a lot, but they appear to be rusting a bit already which is kinda weird to me since I've only had them maybe 4 months

I didn't give up on you man. Dug this link up I forgot I had saved in my phone.

http://www.skspeed.com/SearchResults.aspx?txtSearch=exhaust+tips+slant&x=0&y=0

Thanks again Marc as always a life saver lol.

Center in offset out for gen II at least

And I got these tips "Magnaflow 35136 Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Tip"

So how ever that might help ya there ya go lol. Everything is stock up to the muffler and tips because I'm poor lol

Thanks for the info Stop hmm, My problem is with the off set's so far some people say center-in and center out ?

I dont want to make the mistake the first time and have to deal with shipping stuff back etc.

isn't a gen1 2.25" muffler? 2.25" tips?

nice tips.

a lot of people go with Magnaflow 11225 2.25" mufflers or 11224 2.5". They are about $80 each.

I thought the same thing but then read it's 2.5 ?

He is putting in a 2.5 exhaust.

Ok now im confused :confused:

Im not changing the entire exhaust just the mufflers, xpipe, tips.

Everything else is stock, so if I purchase 2.5 this can all be adapted?

I had them adapt from 2.25 to 2.5 for the mufflers lol. And yeah I like the tips a lot, but they appear to be rusting a bit already which is kinda weird to me since I've only had them maybe 4 months
Don't you live in Cali? I thought it didn't snow there.
Wrong, 11224 is 2.0".

What are you running m4k?

Isnt gen I turndown?

Correct.

Lol no, Im in Ann Arbor Michigan, and we just had our first sleet, hence my confusion for the rust.... Well, here is a picture of the back of my car real quick from many months ago. Ill get you another one tomorrow so you can see it a little closer and get an idea for what it looks like if you want. I can have it uploaded by noon

IMG_20120705_155450.jpg

Stock exhaust is 2" so using a 2" muffler may be the best fit requiring the least amount of adapting. That said a 2.25 or 2.5 could be adapted to fit but why. Can't say what offsets you need as I have the complete MagnaFlow catback on mine.

Stock exhaust is 2" so using a 2" muffler may be the best fit requiring the least amount of adapting. That said a 2.25 or 2.5 could be adapted to fit but why. Can't say what offsets you need as I have the complete MagnaFlow catback on mine.

Bassani's smallest is 2.5". That was my issue.

Manoli, I have Magnaflow 11224 mufflers on mine, direct bolt-on*. 2.0", center in, offset out. Very happy with the sound and volume!

*I used AccuSeal clamps to hold the muffler in place, and welded my Magnaflow tips on.

Hite....mind putting up a picture of how you angled your exhaust so Manoli has another option to consider? He is about to go through what you and I spoke of when I mounted my tips with the LSE rear valance.

With the Gen1 have 2" exhaust I'm surprised the cars pull as well as they do!
Thanks! I was almost convinced it was 2.25 :confused:
Hite....mind putting up a picture of how you angled your exhaust so Manoli has another option to consider? He is about to go through what you and I spoke of when I mounted my tips with the LSE rear valance.
Hite if you could be so kind lol I would really appreciate it :D
Lol no, Im in Ann Arbor Michigan, and we just had our first sleet, hence my confusion for the rust.... Well, here is a picture of the back of my car real quick from many months ago. Ill get you another one tomorrow so you can see it a little closer and get an idea for what it looks like if you want. I can have it uploaded by noon

IMG_20120705_155450.jpg
Stop my bad for some reason I thought you were in California lol.

Im installing a gen 1 LSE rear valance so im not sure if that will work but thank you for your efforts.

2 inch duals is plenty for a 3.9L. What should be surprising you is how well a 3.9L engine can pull a 4000lb car.

Because its a 4 Valve V8.

And if you calculate it makes more power per cubic inch than those LS motors.

Aston Martins have AJ-V8's in them that produce over 400hp and they are all less than 5.7L and the race version 5.0 makes 550HP all N/A.

Not like Gen 2's.

The x factor in this is the LSE rear valance cutout. It does match the standard placement of where our gen 1 mufflers usually lie(too far to the outside for the lse cutouts). There seems to be a few ways to get it match. Hite angled his and worked fine. I had my mufflers(Magnaflow catback) cut out and reversed to get the center in to become center out and matchup. There are options.

Manoli is just weighing his options on how to make the right mufflers match the cutouts on the first try.

not like gen 2's.

The x factor in this is the lse rear valance cutout. It does match the standard placement of where our gen 1 mufflers usually lie. There seems to be a few ways to get it match. Hite angled his and worked fine. I had my mufflers(magnaflow catback) cut out and reversed to get the center out and matchup. There are options.

Manoli is just weighing his options on how to make the right mufflers match the cutouts on the first try.

dead on !! :d

Members online

Back