got a couple things accomplished today

keVIIIn

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Took my car over to the place where I got my tires mounted, the manager is a friend of a friend so he gave me a good deal on an alignment since I did the springs last week. Also I've been wanting to tint the windows for the longest time (since I bought it pretty much) so I called a local tint place today and took it in. I ended up doing 35% on the side windows and 1/4 glass, and 20% on the back window. Turned out awsome..for some reason the picture of the back window makes it look purple, but it's not. This is the first car I've owned out of 4 total that I have had tinted, don't know how I ever went without..

markviiitint1.jpg

markviiitint5.jpg

markviiitint2.jpg

markviiitint3.jpg

markviiitint4.jpg

Nice! I want to tint mine too but no shop near by has the moonlight tint made by Llumar. Not crazy about the smoked tint.

very nice kevin. you have one of the best looking cars on the board IMO

Looks great Kevin. The drop and tint really pulled eveything together.

are those the legal maxes in your state. I can just imagine what that car would look like with 15%.

You can tint the car 35% all around and be legal. If the fronts are left stock you can tint the rears as dark as you want. Tech what he has is illegal, I highly doubt he'll get bothered though, esp since he has a lighter interiour.

I have 20 all around and don't even bother rolling them down when sitting next to or driving by cops anymore like I had done with previous cars.

are those the legal maxes in your state. I can just imagine what that car would look like with 15%.

Yeah like sbcaprice said 35% is legal in IL all the way around..I know a lot of people who go darker on the rear glass and never have a problem. I just wanted the darker rear glass so it cuts down on the amount of light inside making the side Windows appear darker and still be within legal limit...since cops around here only use those tint gauges that clip over the top of the glass making it impossible to measure the rear glass on scene.

Nice! I want to tint mine too but no shop near by has the moonlight tint made by Llumar. Not crazy about the smoked tint.

What exactly is moonlight tint? What's the difference?

since cops around here only use those tint gauges that clip over the top of the glass making it impossible to measure the rear glass on scene.

What exactly is moonlight tint? What's the difference?

In my experience, including asking a few local law enforcement officers, this is going to be the case almost all the time. They won't usually even be able to measure the rear windshield. If they do (and they don't seem like the kind of cop to screw you,) you can ask about box trucks and camper shells that don't even have a rear windshield.

Also, I second the question about moonlight tint. I'll ask the 2 guys I know who run tint shops in my city if Mr. SaggyBagz doesn't reply...

Thanks all, I keep catching myself looking back and checking it out after I park it and walk away lol..just love the tinted look on these cars.

That's good looking dude. I wanted to get my windows done on mine before I knew the trans was dying.

Members online

No members online now.
Back