Tell me thats not a sexy car

Fla02LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
MK.jpg

Had windows tinted last week. Just detailed it today. I like the front end, i like the Lincoln logo on the front fender. It just just hollers luxury to me. Pic isnt that great, taken with phone. Trust me i loved the look of the LS being very Beamer like, but Lincoln has just gone with a different look now.

P.S. I promise i'll drop it eventually :p Plus the MKS forum has had two posts in 6 months.

MK.jpg

Just don't like them from the back at all...

Just don't like them from the back at all...

One thing i always noticed when in my LS and behind a MKS is how big/tall it was and the exhaust pipes were visable. How hot do the exhaust pipes get and is there a high temp paint that could be used to help "hide" them or help make them blend in with the undercarriage?

rmn435.png

Much better:
2005_lincoln_ls_v8_sport-pic-46372.jpg

On the exhaust question, are the tips polished stainless or chromed? If chrome they will need special prepping because paint doesn't stick to chrome well. That high temp paint you linked will look good for a bit, but it seems to come off over time. I've used it on mufflers in the past, and a year later they were a kind of nasty looking brown color. I don't know if it was due to road grime or what, but they looked like crap. I wasn't too concerned since they were under the vehicle and I just didn't want shiny mufflers showing. What you might do is see if the rear section of the exhuast can be removed from the car. If so, remove the rear section and take it by a powdercoating shop. They can remove the chrome, then apply a black ceramic powdercoating that will stand up to anything. And, they'll look like a factory option that nobody else has ever seen before since they'll be factory tips, just in black.

Well cant keep cars forever. At one time i was as cool as ya'll.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Positives = Car looks good in black, the tint looks good and front end is a win

Negatives = dont like the chrome around the windows, wheels, and rear end.

Don't like the stance, fwd, the height in back, baleen whale grille and overall Buick look.

Other than that its a nice car.

I don't think I could ever get used to the look of the mks.
On the other hand the taurus looks pretty slick IMO
3644281254_5eb57c00a9.jpg

I don't think I could ever get used to the look of the mks.
On the other hand the taurus looks pretty slick IMO
3644281254_5eb57c00a9.jpg

+1 I love the new Taurus, but the MKS not so much.

haha, jeez...tell him what you all really think.

At any rate i agree, the picture sucks, but im sure the car is very nice. Enjoy it!

I'm sorry. I thought this was the LS forum.......

There's a reason there have been only 2 posts in the last 6 months in the MkS forum. The new Lincolns are more like Buicks than anything special. Which is why should my LS meet an early demise I will be looking elsewhere.

The new Lincolns have awesome interiors. The exterior styling does not appeal to everybody.

My biggest problem with them is the FWD, or AWD FWD bias platform. It just cant seem sporty to me unless its RWD. Also if you do your own maintenance FWD cars suck once they get a little older.

Per the paint, just spray your exhaust post cats with 500` engine enamel. The 1500` stuff is a joke and won't last while the 500` stuff works well for that application.

Ok since you asked .....that's not a sexy car. Just my opinion. I know you love it but I do not.

On the sexy car bit, I prefer the look of the MKZ, as I think the MKS has too big of a butt. That is, of course after the LS!

Members online

Back